Is Ryse a system seller?

#21VRViperIIPosted 11/1/2013 7:00:08 PM
I voted no. That being said I can't wait to play it. Preorder paid in full. Forza 5 is my system seller this gen.
---
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rheagar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Valar Morghulis
#22SilentS89Posted 11/1/2013 7:02:10 PM
Iminyourcloset posted...
Ryse seems like what Heavenly Sword was for the PS3

Isn't that a little too harsh?
#23Br1ck_Reb0rnPosted 11/1/2013 7:05:25 PM
One has a great launch, no doubt about it, but you'd have to be one weird ass gamer for Ryse to be the reason your buying one.
---
Xbox One - The next generation starts this november.
#24TheGam3925Posted 11/1/2013 7:05:35 PM
Why does the no option have six exclamation marks but yes only has one? Troll confirmed, waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#25IminyourclosetPosted 11/1/2013 7:09:55 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Iminyourcloset posted...
Ryse seems like what Heavenly Sword was for the PS3

Isn't that a little too harsh?

Harsh to which one?
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#26aj4x94Posted 11/1/2013 7:16:01 PM
Ryse sure is shaping up to be a AAA title, if you get my drift. My money is on no.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, Deus Ex, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#27DoukouPosted 11/1/2013 7:16:34 PM
fretless58 posted...
SilentS89 posted...
Iminyourcloset posted...
Agreed. I think Dead Rising 3 is the closest thing to a system seller the X1 has. I want it. I wouldn't buy an X1 for it, but I want it.

Exactly my situation.

I am still convinced it will get ported later though. This is Capcom we are talking about here.

And let's not forget that financially, they're in trouble. They're gonna have to release this thing on a more popular console than the Xbox One.

MS is publishing it.
Capcom doesn't get to decide if it gets ported.
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#28MrImpatient35Posted 11/1/2013 7:34:58 PM
I don't think it is, but I do think that it will be a lot better than people have been saying since E3.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, XFitness (1-Yr free), KI3 (F2P), Proj Spark
#29SilentS89Posted 11/1/2013 7:41:31 PM
Doukou posted...
fretless58 posted...
SilentS89 posted...
Iminyourcloset posted...
Agreed. I think Dead Rising 3 is the closest thing to a system seller the X1 has. I want it. I wouldn't buy an X1 for it, but I want it.

Exactly my situation.

I am still convinced it will get ported later though. This is Capcom we are talking about here.

And let's not forget that financially, they're in trouble. They're gonna have to release this thing on a more popular console than the Xbox One.

MS is publishing it.

We'll see about that.

I heard the same story about Nintendo and Ninja Gaiden: Razors Edge on the Wii U.
#30SlimeSwayzePosted 11/1/2013 9:48:06 PM
Doukou posted...

MS is publishing it.

Didn't MS publish Mass Effect and Ninja Gaiden II on the 360? They ended up being ported to PS3, so be aware that the same could happen with DR3.

On topic, if Ryse is a system seller, it is the worst system seller of all time. Unless they completely redid the game since I played it a PAX, it is not a good game. Not even close.

That said, Forza and Dead Rising 3 looks like solid launch games, and hopefully Crimson Dragon will be good, too.
---
Currently Playing: Fatal Frame 3, P4: Golden, Forza Horizon, Corpse Party.