Xbox One Is DLNA Compatible, Can Be Used As Media Server

#1Dev445Posted 11/1/2013 5:53:31 PM
by Ben Reeves

Microsoft just confirmed that the Xbox One is DLNA compatible, which will make it a handy media hub for your house.

The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a non-profit trade organization that aims to set a standard for devices to share stuff like photos, video, music, etc. between one another. We reached out to a Microsoft spokesperson and they had this to say, “Xbox One is DLNA compatible and we are working to get certified.” Hopefully we'll learn more details as we get closer to launch.

Earlier this week, Sony released a FAQ talking about how the PS4's DLNA compatibility has not been enabled, but we hope Sony follows suit. President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, Shuhei Yoshida has been vocal on twitter about how the company wants to listen to it's fans desires, so if people want a DLNA compatible PS4 then now is probably the time to speak up.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/01/xbox-one-is-dlna-compatible-can-be-used-as-media-server.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2BloodyDove2vsPosted 11/1/2013 5:56:38 PM
It is a set top box correct? Everything beside non upscaling resolution gaming.
---
let me know when it's 7:20, Mods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#3EchoX860Posted 11/1/2013 5:57:34 PM
Good luck posting anything positive here. The Ponies have taken over the board and the useless mods are just that, useless. You want anything positive about it, go to the One subreddit. Much better than this **** hole
---
GT: EchoX860
#4Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 6:01:50 PM
EchoX860 posted...
Good luck posting anything positive here. The Ponies have taken over the board and the useless mods are just that, useless. You want anything positive about it, go to the One subreddit. Much better than this **** hole

Yeah I try man XD. It doesn't take long for trolls to come in and post garbage on the 1st page. I be posting good stuff be it usually gets forgotten and lost in the thousands of topics about 720p and 1080p. People always want to talk about the negatives and overlook the positives especially with XB1 on here.

Mods need to step there game up XD
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#5BloodyDove2vsPosted 11/1/2013 6:02:25 PM
EchoX860 posted...

Cry me a river. You should truly thank Sony for having Microsoft to backtrack their original policies. (making reference to E3 2013)
---
#6EchoX860Posted 11/1/2013 6:19:56 PM(edited)
Why should I thank Sony? I didn't mind the original polices. I don't share my games, I don't let friends borrow my games, none of the original polices bothered me at all, and I'm always connected, if my internet goes down. Okay, I'll play the 360, not a big deal but people whine and complain about change, no wonder the industry can't advance other than just better specs. I should thank the crybabies for ruining what I thought was a good idea.
---
GT: EchoX860
#7MrImpatient35Posted 11/1/2013 6:30:45 PM
EchoX860 posted...

It's almost impossible to post anything positive. Everything, even dedicated servers for all, gets turned into something negative. It's kinda impressive.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, XFitness (1-Yr free), KI3 (F2P), Proj Spark
#8AwayFromHerePosted 11/1/2013 7:01:28 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/1/5056280/xbox-one-supports-dlna-compatibility-audio-cd-playback-microsoft

Microsoft confirmed its Xbox One will be DLNA-compatible — meaning it can act as a receiver when streaming media from other devices — and will support audio CD playback, though the system itself won't support CD ripping, MP3 storage or playback.

And it's not even DLNA supported out of the box either.

In a statement to Polygon, Microsoft spokespeople said the company is working to get Xbox One DLNA-certified. The Xbox One can act as a Play To receiver, allowing users to stream content from supported devices, like Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 computers and "many Windows Phones."

And MS is pushing their own music streaming service.

While Xbox One supports audio CD playback, it does not support CD ripping, a spokesperson said, a feature of the Xbox 360. It also doesn't support MP3 or AAC playback from devices like the iPod, iPhone, Zune or Windows Phone over USB. A statement notes that Xbox Music, which carries a $9.99 monthly subscription, will deliver "unlimited ad-free music through a Xbox Music Pass subscription" on Xbox One.

So, the consoles are pretty much 100% identical.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#9BloodyDove2vsPosted 11/1/2013 7:15:31 PM
EchoX860 posted...
Why should I thank Sony? I didn't mind the original polices. I don't share my games, I don't let friends borrow my games, none of the original polices bothered me at all, and I'm always connected, if my internet goes down. Okay, I'll play the 360, not a big deal but people whine and complain about change, no wonder the industry can't advance other than just better specs. I should thank the crybabies for ruining what I thought was a good idea.

Xbox until the very end. Enjoy your console, gringo.
---
#10NeroXVPosted 11/1/2013 7:17:50 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/1/5056280/xbox-one-supports-dlna-compatibility-audio-cd-playback-microsoft

Microsoft confirmed its Xbox One will be DLNA-compatible — meaning it can act as a receiver when streaming media from other devices — and will support audio CD playback, though the system itself won't support CD ripping, MP3 storage or playback.

And it's not even DLNA supported out of the box either.

In a statement to Polygon, Microsoft spokespeople said the company is working to get Xbox One DLNA-certified. The Xbox One can act as a Play To receiver, allowing users to stream content from supported devices, like Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 computers and "many Windows Phones."

And MS is pushing their own music streaming service.

While Xbox One supports audio CD playback, it does not support CD ripping, a spokesperson said, a feature of the Xbox 360. It also doesn't support MP3 or AAC playback from devices like the iPod, iPhone, Zune or Windows Phone over USB. A statement notes that Xbox Music, which carries a $9.99 monthly subscription, will deliver "unlimited ad-free music through a Xbox Music Pass subscription" on Xbox One.

So, the consoles are pretty much 100% identical.

Wow same darn thing... it only works on windows based devices well shyt there goes any chance of me using my iphone for music on ANY next gen device...
---
Official Keyblade of the KH3 Boards!!!