Do we still need to connect to the internet to download the offline patch?

#1Ninja_GaignunPosted 11/1/2013 5:48:34 PM
When they said we no longer had to do check ins, they said we would need to connect to the internet once to download the patch so that we didn't need the internet.

It would cost me $25 to set up a 2gig a month internet deal, JUST to download a patch so I don't need internet .

Its like selling bullets to buy a gun to rob a store so you can buy bullets.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#2DoukouPosted 11/1/2013 5:49:04 PM
Yes
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#3LovecraftiangodPosted 11/1/2013 6:04:05 PM
Do you have any friends or family that would let you download the patch at there house?
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#4SilentS89Posted 11/1/2013 6:05:14 PM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
Its like selling bullets to buy a gun to rob a store so you can buy bullets.

I didn't bother to check the validity of this comparison, but I enjoyed it regardless.
#5AzaneAzerPosted 11/1/2013 6:06:09 PM
to quote the Don

"Just don't buy one"
#6DreamentalPosted 11/1/2013 6:11:33 PM
how are you going to download a patch without internet?
#7Def_S0ulPosted 11/1/2013 7:34:44 PM
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Do you have any friends or family that would let you download the patch at there house?

That's the thing though. Why do you have to do that!? Sure it may not be a big of a deal just a minor inconvenience. But it's an inconvenience nonetheless. You don't have to do that on a PS4 or Wii U. You paid $500 for a humongous brick that requires internet connection to activate.

Another alternative is going to a library with internet connection and download a patch and just transfer it via usb... but that is if M$ have it in their website. I highly doubt they will do such thing for anyone with no internet connection because they hate them, they don't want to include them as a potential prospect. Why? Becuase people with no internet connection won't provide them that extra monthly fee from xbox live. Even though he "quit" from M$, Don Mattrick's pompous ideology of "if you don't have an internet connection just buy a 360" is still the foundation of their business practice.

And yes they did say you won't have to go online anymore to download any patch. Guess they did another 180. If they can do another 180 on something like this you betcha they will do another 180 on their DRM policy too.
#8hectic3Posted 11/1/2013 7:41:35 PM
I'm pretty sure they already said ps4 needs a 150mb day one patch before you can do a lot of things...like watching blurays and dvds. I could be mistaken though.
#9TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/1/2013 7:48:18 PM
hectic3 posted...
I'm pretty sure they already said ps4 needs a 150mb day one patch before you can do a lot of things...like watching blurays and dvds. I could be mistaken though.

I'm pretty sure that's accurate.

I don't know if it has been addressed yet or not, but is it possible to simply download and burn the patch to a disc? That way, somebody could just make you a disc.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#10SithMasterDKPosted 11/1/2013 7:50:52 PM
Also the wii u needed some sort of download when it was first released, I know because me and my brother scavenged Walmarts release night and couldn't play until we had a secure internet connection.
---
Currently playing- Dark Souls(PC), Pokemon Showdown, GTA V, and good old fashioned foosball.