Microsoft investors considering an Xbox spin off.

#1jon davisPosted 11/2/2013 5:09:47 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-cofounder-s-investment-group-calls-for-xbox-spinoff/1100-6415919/

"The search business and even Xbox, which has been a very successful product, are detracting from that. We would want them to focus on their best competencies," Ghaffari said. "My view is there are some parts of that operation they should probably spin out, get rid of, to focus on the enterprise and focus on the cloud."
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#2LotrMorgothPosted 11/2/2013 5:32:55 AM
could take an established brand and give it to someone who likes video games. . . could be awesome

could be the death of the console. I still hope there's a chance they join with nintendo
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#3MilesTeg420Posted 11/2/2013 5:36:03 AM
Could be good for the Xbox brand, get it away from these data mining TV focused people.
#4SoulTrapperPosted 11/2/2013 6:20:12 AM
Taking xbox out of the hands of the incompetent suits would be a good thing for everyone.

Let them focus on video games again, instead of TV and advertising.
#5FusionCPosted 11/2/2013 6:34:02 AM
Use, the bloody search!! There are like 10 topics about this already....
---
For the Horde!!!!
#6IzecPosted 11/2/2013 6:45:00 AM
The only spin-off Xbox needs is one with no Kinect and actually good hardware.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#7kyncaniPosted 11/2/2013 7:37:55 AM
Izec posted...
The only spin-off Xbox needs is one with no Kinect and actually good hardware.

And no advertising, better exclusives, dozens of free games every year but it's a start, agreed.
#8jon davis(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 10:12:15 AM
FusionC posted...
Use, the bloody search!! There are like 10 topics about this already....

But this is MY topic.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#9slyman19Posted 11/2/2013 10:19:13 AM
Probably not going to happen. MS needs to get a foothold in the consumer sector. It can be extremely profitable and MS knows this. People like Paul Allen simply want short term gains and are not concerned with the long term.
#10Dannyson97Posted 11/2/2013 10:23:52 AM
Successful product? The Xbox division has done nothing but lose money until very recently, the vision has lost 6 billion dollars. (Still love the 360 though)
But I agree a spin off could be a good idea, there's a lot places they could go with this.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.