Doesn't Halo deserve to be on the most powerful console?

#1Paul_AtreidesPosted 11/2/2013 4:43:29 AM
I've always viewed Halo as a franchise that was a showpiece for the console. A statement that yes, this is Xbox and Xbox is the powerful console. Halo was the franchise that made Xbox what it is today, and it did that by being a showpiece for the tech.

With Xbox One being significantly less powerful than PS4, I feel it's the end of an era for Halo. Now it's like Zelda and Mario - franchises that deserve so much better. Sad times for gamers these days :(
#2IzecPosted 11/2/2013 4:44:13 AM
Halo fell off after 3.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#3stekim40Posted 11/2/2013 4:54:29 AM
Halo sucks anyway, yet another dull and pathetic fps game.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#4Masterchief5525Posted 11/2/2013 5:16:11 AM
stekim40 posted...

Can definitely say that for KZ
#5A_Someone_ElsePosted 11/2/2013 5:34:21 AM(edited)
Arguably, "Destiny" is basically the same thing, but better.

I believe it's from the company that made the original Halo games, as well.
#6InjusticeRebornPosted 11/2/2013 5:25:48 AM
Not subtle enough...

But anyway, never saw the fascination in Halo. Same with Halo 2. Same with Halo 3.

As with Killzone. I actually enjoyed the first one. Killzone 2, not so much. Didn't both with 3, because I had traded in my PS3 by then, and KZ2 left a horrible reminder.

Same with Gears of War and Resistance. Each exclusive shooter has been pretty dull to me. Multi-plat shooters were more than enough for me.
#7IzecPosted 11/2/2013 5:48:23 AM
Masterchief5525 posted...
stekim40 posted...

Difference is nobody buys PS for Killzone. Halo used to be a console seller so it's decline in quality is notable.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#8ACx7Posted 11/2/2013 5:51:36 AM
Izec posted...
stekim40 posted...

Difference is nobody buys PS for Killzone. Halo used to be a console seller so it's decline in quality is notable.

It's decline in quality... Yet it's still lightyears ahead of the rest of the popular console shooters.
#9TheRealPhattyJPosted 11/2/2013 5:56:12 AM
Izec posted...
stekim40 posted...

Killzone has more preorder sales numbers than every xboxone game combined and you say it's not a system seller? Your logic confuses me.
#10ACx7Posted 11/2/2013 6:12:18 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
Izec posted...
stekim40 posted...

Killzone has more preorder sales numbers than every xboxone game combined and you say it's not a system seller? Your logic confuses me.

That doesn't mean it's a system seller. That means a bunch of people are buying the PS4 and Killzone is the only worthwhile exclusive coming out at launch. A very small percentage of those people are buying a console at launch just to play the new Killzone.