GQ Magazine review the Xbox One - 8/10 and better than PS4

#31nb003_99Posted 11/2/2013 10:26:28 AM
So zeph made an account bet, lost, and refuses to delete said account because of cboat?
While saying this site is "pointless".
If you made the bet and lost zeph, just man up and switch to your alt.

Any link to said bet?
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#32DeadLock25Posted 11/2/2013 10:30:28 AM
Why even post this here? Everyone knows its going to be a flood of typical "The website is stupid, its a joke, nobody should take them seriously" but if the score were reversed "Oh oh, looks like major critics are hating the X1 as well, not looking good for MS"
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#33TheBorderColliePosted 11/2/2013 10:35:03 AM
A_Hollow posted...
http://www.t3.com/news/first-xbox-one-and-sony-ps4-review-appears-in-gq-magazine

The PS4 still performed well scoring 7/10 with it's 'stylish' looks and 'low cost' being both serious plus points, GQ criticised the fact that the PS4 will suffer from a lack of 'killer games' on launch.

the Xbox One is the best console of the two getting 8/10 with the magazine praising the console's 'cloud processing' and the fact that it's a 'complete media device'.

I wish I never read the article now, how utterly pointless.

Why was it "utterly pointless?"
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!
#34A_Hollow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 10:36:40 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...
A_Hollow posted...
http://www.t3.com/news/first-xbox-one-and-sony-ps4-review-appears-in-gq-magazine

The PS4 still performed well scoring 7/10 with it's 'stylish' looks and 'low cost' being both serious plus points, GQ criticised the fact that the PS4 will suffer from a lack of 'killer games' on launch.

the Xbox One is the best console of the two getting 8/10 with the magazine praising the console's 'cloud processing' and the fact that it's a 'complete media device'.

Because it's talking about launch titles and the two winning factors on the Xbox One haven't even been tested by anyone. It's like giving Obama the Nobel Peace Prize, oh wait xD
#35TheBorderColliePosted 11/2/2013 10:40:06 AM
A_Hollow posted...
A_Hollow posted...

Because it's talking about launch titles and the two winning factors on the Xbox One haven't even been tested by anyone. It's like giving Obama the Nobel Peace Prize, oh wait xD

But the quality of launch titles IS a significant factor for a recommendation to buy a console at launch! People aren't buying game consoles at launch just to sit back and stare at them all day (other than fanboys, I guess...LOL) And how do you know they didn't test those factors in question??
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!
#36HorridhalPosted 11/2/2013 11:22:58 AM
A_Hollow posted...
A_Hollow posted...

But the quality of launch titles IS a significant factor for a recommendation to buy a console at launch! People aren't buying game consoles at launch just to sit back and stare at them all day (other than fanboys, I guess...LOL) And how do you know they didn't test those factors in question??

More people missing the point. Quality of games is, say it with me now, -SUBJECTIVE-. Just because Person A likes the Xbox one games doesn't mean they are superior. Just because Person B likes the PS4 games doesn't mean they are superior.

I don't particularly care for either launch lineup, and yet I am buying a PS4 at launch along with Battlefield. Once I tire of that I plan to switch back to the old gen while waiting for some new games. There are quite a few others planning to do this exact thing.

Also, on this topic as a whole, it is a freaking GQ article. Who cares what GQ thinks about gaming? They have absolutey -no basis- for their review other than impressions from ad campaigns, and yet this article is touted as though it is the holy grail for the Xbox. GQ is a clothing magazine, not a gaming mag, so get over it.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#37DoukouPosted 11/2/2013 11:33:34 AM
Horridhal posted...
A_Hollow posted...
A_Hollow posted...

More people missing the point. Quality of games is, say it with me now, -SUBJECTIVE-. Just because Person A likes the Xbox one games doesn't mean they are superior. Just because Person B likes the PS4 games doesn't mean they are superior.

I don't particularly care for either launch lineup, and yet I am buying a PS4 at launch along with Battlefield. Once I tire of that I plan to switch back to the old gen while waiting for some new games. There are quite a few others planning to do this exact thing.

Also, on this topic as a whole, it is a freaking GQ article. Who cares what GQ thinks about gaming? They have absolutey -no basis- for their review other than impressions from ad campaigns, and yet this article is touted as though it is the holy grail for the Xbox. GQ is a clothing magazine, not a gaming mag, so get over it.

Quality is subjective but quantity and diversity aren't
Killzone 4-FPS
Knack-Platformer beat em' up
Resogun-Shoot em up

Dead Rising 3-Sandbox
Ryse-Action Adventure
Forza-Racing
Zoo Tycoon-Family oriented game
Killer Instinct- Fighting Game
Crimsion Dragon-On Rails Shooter

This is why people say Xbox has the better launch line-up
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#38CapnStankyPosted 11/2/2013 11:35:00 AM
PS4's launch lineup is atrocious.
#39HorridhalPosted 11/2/2013 11:44:27 AM
Doukou posted...
Killzone 4-FPS
Resogun-Shoot em up

Dead Rising 3-Sandbox
Ryse-Action Adventure
Forza-Racing

Missing the point, still. Quantity does not matter. Diversity does not matter. Quality is a subjective argument and generally what sells people their system. Just because -YOU- think those games make the Xbox one a better system Does not make it a fact. It makes it -YOUR- OPINION.

I also find it funny to see that you left off what would be construed as Indy-titles from the PS list, then included them on the Xbox list. You prove your bias in doing so and make it pointless to argue with you.

Get better, then try again.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#40DoukouPosted 11/2/2013 11:51:50 AM
Horridhal posted...
Doukou posted...
Killzone 4-FPS
Resogun-Shoot em up

Dead Rising 3-Sandbox
Ryse-Action Adventure
Forza-Racing

Missing the point, still. Quantity does not matter. Diversity does not matter. Quality is a subjective argument and generally what sells people their system. Just because -YOU- think those games make the Xbox one a better system Does not make it a fact. It makes it -YOUR- OPINION.

I also find it funny to see that you left off what would be construed as Indy-titles from the PS list, then included them on the Xbox list. You prove your bias in doing so and make it pointless to argue with you.

Get better, then try again.

Hm?
Quantity and Diversity doesn't matter?

Also what Indie titles that I forget that were only on PS4(no pc) at launch?
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA