Xbox One Tour review

#1FocusflutePosted 11/2/2013 10:12:03 AM
Went to the Xbox One tour here in Dallas, TX. Wow it was much better than I thought!

Tons of systems, screens, free giveaways, and a live DJ.

Games:

Killer Instinct.
Holy crap this game looks incredible. I ended up spending the most time with KI. It really is an old school fighter revised for the future. Looks WAAAAYYYY better in person than on the videos. You HAVE to get this game!!!! Unfortunately they did not have the new fight sticks to play on so you had to use the gamepad.

Fifa 14
Another amazing looking game. I did not get to play it but wow those graphics! Gameplay looked as smooth as butter. I was very impressed.

Dead Rising
This game def looks next gen. There were so many zombies on screen! Got to run them over with a tank. So much carnage and fun!

Crimson Dragon
This game looks pretty good. I am a big fan of the Panzer Dragoon series so I wanted to play this. The problem is, I could not figure out what the hell I was doing or what was going on. Maybe the final build will be better.

Forza
This is how a racing game should be. The cars don't feel like u are driving on ice anymore. This game really takes advantage of the new rumble in the controller. I really liked this one a lot!

Ryse
This game also looks better in person as compared to vids on the net. I did not got to play it but wow was I impressed by what I saw other ppl doing in the game! Game could be a system seller.

Kinect Sports Game
They had it on game that looked like a Wave Race 64 on steriods. This game looks really, really good. I'm not much into party games but I may be picking this one up. I did not get to play it but everyone that I watched playing it was smiling ear to ear.

Battlefield 4
They would NOT let ppl take video/pics of this game. Its Battlefield with better graphics. I'll wait for Titanfall as I am a little bored with shooters.

Loco Cycle?
Ugh. This game looks terrible. TERRIBLE. Could be played on the original xbox perhaps. Did not play. Do not want to.

For me I think Xbox wins the launch. Lots of exclusives--
Killer Instinct
Forza
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising
Kinect Sports
Fighter Within
Ryse

The upcoming titles such as
Titanfall
D4
Project Spark
Halo
Gears of War

and the fact of dedicated servers for a better online experience, DLC sometimes b4 the PS4.

I had both systems preordered. Now I am going to cancel the PS4 until something comes out for the PS4 that i actually want. Killzone just isn't enough for me. It will be the first time I haven't got a Playstation on launch day. Instead I just bought a new synthesizer--- :)
#2Decimator11Posted 11/2/2013 10:13:16 AM
Neat
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#3A_HollowPosted 11/2/2013 10:13:32 AM
Did this guy just state Fifa 14 as amazing graphics?

Yeah those cardboard cut out fans do look amazing, you're right!
#4slowdog76Posted 11/2/2013 10:15:55 AM
A_Hollow posted...

think you should research a little more before commenting
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#5DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/2/2013 10:21:06 AM
Can you tell us about how the rumble is different from the old ones? People keep saying that its a big improvement to move them to the triggers. But what does that actually mean? Does it actually give resistance or something? I imagine if it resisted players people might break it if they press down hard.

Pretty confused on how putting it in the triggers makes a difference.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#6A_HollowPosted 11/2/2013 10:23:37 AM
slowdog76 posted...
A_Hollow posted...

think you should research a little more before commenting

I was wrong about the card board cut outs, that was Fifa 14 on current gen. Just saw the new trailer for Next Gen and they actually improved the graphics, the mouths are all closed though.
http://i.imgur.com/esh4dKR.jpg
#7studepaberPosted 11/2/2013 10:24:18 AM
Thanks for the impressions!
#8Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/2/2013 10:24:29 AM
Sorry but Gears of War is over and Epic(What is left) wants to make games for PS4
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#9masterchief6154Posted 11/2/2013 10:25:37 AM
I wish they had a tour here in my area. It's never going to happen though.

You say Ryse looked really good, hmmm? I hope it plays really good, it's the exclusive I'm looking forward to the most at launch. Titanfall later on, but Ryse in 3 weeks.
---
Excuse me, judge. I'm wouldn't be delinquint in my payments if they'd just raise my debt limit.
#10SunDevil77Posted 11/2/2013 10:31:12 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Sorry but Gears of War is over and Epic(What is left) wants to make games for PS4

Wrong and wrong
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539