-> Anyone else FREAKED OUT at this xboxOne News.... ?

#1Jx1010Posted 11/2/2013 11:15:32 AM(edited)
Article:
'''''''' With the privacy concerns games raised recently, Microsoft found themselves needing to fully detail what the Xbox One Kinect sensor sees and sends. A new privacy statement page gets into what Kinect data is collected and how it will be used.

For example, Kinect sees a players face, using facial recognition to sign players in. But Microsoft explains that the tech is really seeing the distance between key points on faces, and that they store a set of numbers, and not necessarily pictures.

During play, the Kinect records similar numeric values for your skeleton. Microsoft says that these numbers are temporary, and are "destroyed" after use. Beyond this, this skeleton data cannot be used to identify a player.

Voice commands can be sent to Microsoft, if you choose to participate. These will be used to improve the service.

The Kinect microphone section warns that players "should not expect any level of privacy concerning your use of the live communication features such as voice chat, video and communications in live-hosted gameplay sessions offered through the services." They also say that they may monitor communication to some extent, but will not monitor the entire service.

Also, keep in mind that third-party apps will have their own privacy conditions to watch for. '''''''

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else weirded out by this crazy monitoring features????
I didnt know Microsoft was going this far.....
Who regulates the information they store from people to make sure they actually follow the law???
Please share any info if possible

Source:
http://www.destructoid.com/your-privacy-and-what-xbox-one-kinect-really-sees-264691.phtml

Microsoft page:
http://www.microsoft.com/privacystatement/en-us/xbox/default.aspx

---
Currently playing: Persona 3 FES and Resident Evil 6
#2HiddenRoarPosted 11/2/2013 11:14:22 AM
inb4DerpSonyandNintendoDoesThisToo(ReadTheirToS)

Derp, which fanbase was arguing their console camera has the amazing ability to detect the slightest movement in addition to heart rate and etc?

Exactly, the Kinect.
#3RebelGameMasterPosted 11/2/2013 11:14:22 AM
Oh hell no! Canceling preorder now!
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#4bob15xPosted 11/2/2013 11:16:32 AM
Jx1010 posted...
Article:
'''''''' With the privacy concerns games raised recently, Microsoft found themselves needing to fully detail what the Xbox One Kinect sensor sees and sends. A new privacy statement page gets into what Kinect data is collected and how it will be used.

For example, Kinect sees a players face, using facial recognition to sign players in. But Microsoft explains that the tech is really seeing the distance between key points on faces, and that they store a set of numbers, and not necessarily pictures.

During play, the Kinect records similar numeric values for your skeleton. Microsoft says that these numbers are temporary, and are "destroyed" after use. Beyond this, this skeleton data cannot be used to identify a player.

Voice commands can be sent to Microsoft, if you choose to participate. These will be used to improve the service.

The Kinect microphone section warns that players "should not expect any level of privacy concerning your use of the live communication features such as voice chat, video and communications in live-hosted gameplay sessions offered through the services." They also say that they may monitor communication to some extent, but will not monitor the entire service.

Also, keep in mind that third-party apps will have their own privacy conditions to watch for. '''''''

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else weirded out by this crazy monitoring features????
I didnt know Microsoft was going this far.....
Who regulates the information they store from people to make sure they actually follow the law???
Please share any info if possible

Source:
http://www.destructoid.com/your-privacy-and-what-xbox-one-kinect-really-sees-264691.phtml

Microsoft page:
http://www.microsoft.com/privacystatement/en-us/xbox/default.aspx

wow if you are not a sony fanboy if i have ever seen one. way to ignore parts of the wording.
#5swatkiller546Posted 11/2/2013 11:18:48 AM
well looks like i gotta put a towel over the kinect and blast my fan before i do my business.
---
FC: 4768-7796-9687
#6DarkJaydragonPosted 11/2/2013 11:19:41 AM
My tin-foil hat will protect me.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#7Dev0311Posted 11/2/2013 11:21:33 AM
So now Kinect is confirmed to see in the dark, monitor your blood flow and see your skeleton. Nice.
#8ado982LPosted 11/2/2013 11:22:09 AM
I will probably choose to help MS with the voice commands thingy. I don't really mind MS monitoring chat, it's not like I talk about killing people while playing games such as CoD
I suspect though that I will 'enable' as much as privacy as possible, but won't go so far as to completely turn of the kinnect
#9Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 11:22:46 AM
Dev0311 posted...
So now Kinect is confirmed to see in the dark, monitor your blood flow and see your skeleton. Nice.

Why would they go this far as to design this to such extent?
---
Currently playing: Persona 3 FES and Resident Evil 6
#10DarkJaydragonPosted 11/2/2013 11:23:32 AM
Dev0311 posted...

It's been able to do this for ages, it can even tell if you are about to have a stroke or heart attack.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.