Is this console doing alright?

#11HorridhalPosted 11/2/2013 10:49:48 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Horridhal posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Pre-orders show that they are losing so the only thing we can say is that it's losing.

Actually, you could say both are doing great, if you want to be accurate.

Pre-orders don't define the strength of a console. We won't know how either has done until we see real sales figures around March or so.

As of right now no one has legit pre-sale figures that can be corroborated by legit sources. All we have is hearsay, rumor, and double talk.

They're a good indicator, and both Sony and Microsoft have been pleased
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57594504-75/xbox-one-scores-high-number-of-preorders/#!

Again, not a for-sure indicator, but a good one.

You just tried to use an article from July of 2013 to prove your point. No, they are not good indicators because they are not well tracked. You don't have -actual pre-sale figures- from any source. You have what the companies are touting as 'great' presale figures, random chart websites making up audacious numbers daily, and reporters with supposed 'connections behind the scenes' spouting hearsay without quoting sources to back it up.

So again, you won't actually know how -either- system did prior to March or so when there have been units on the shelf for a few months as well as legit sales numbers throughout.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#12SunDevil77Posted 11/2/2013 10:52:50 AM
Horridhal posted...
So again, you won't actually know how -either- system did prior to March or so when there have been units on the shelf for a few months as well as legit sales numbers throughout.

And I really don't care...my point is that neither system is struggling to get preorders.
Neither system will flop. We don't need to get all technical, because we can't. You're right, there aren't legit numbers yet.

But just being abstract, it is safe to say that they will both do fairly well.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#13zephirrainesPosted 11/2/2013 10:53:32 AM
Preorders are high even though it costs more, has more gsmes, more hype, also its not selling at a loss like the ps4.
#14bridog346Posted 11/2/2013 11:00:35 AM
It's going to do fine, trolls are only a small percentage so what they say doesn't matter. I consider myself an Xbox fanboy but they are most definitely losing to Sony but not as badly as these trolls want everyone to believe.
---
"Funny little human brains, how do you get around in those things?"