beyond3d Dead Rising 3 native 1080p

#31TonyMontana916Posted 11/2/2013 2:47:13 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
XD

The SHOTS are 1080p....this is obviously 720p upscaled, my god you guys are terrible at this! I feel really REALLY bad at people that think this is 1080p. You truly are being blindsided or have not experienced actual 1080p native before =(

I'll entertain your post for a second because obviously you haven't experienced 1080p native either. You know that if you have a game running at 1080p it doesn't take away any jaggies right? That's all anti aliasing.

You can have a game at 1080p without any AA and you'll see jaggies everywhere. It's when you turn on any kind of AA that you start to see them get smoothed out and less jagged.

The best example of this is the BF4 footage comparison shots shown. The X1 footage being at 720p but with jaggies because of no AA. The PS4 version at 900p but with AA turned on gives you the smoother edges and lines. Has nothing to do with the resolution but everything to do with AA.

Now before you make a little sony fanboy comment back at me know this, I play games on PC. Where I've been playing games for years now at 1080p native and at 60fps. In fact, I'm playing BF4 right now at 1080p 60fps with all settings at ultra. Meaning, I have the best version of the game compared to all other consoles so I know exactly how this game looks at it's best.

With that said, the guys at DF actually count the pixels in the screenshots and can tell what a game is running at. They did it when FFXIII came out and saw that it was running at sub HD on 360 compared to 720p native on PS3. The better comeback would have been "Guys, the game could just be running on a PC and that's where they took these screenshots from" and it would've been more believable than these are 720 upscaled to 1080p shots. If that were the case though, they would've revealed it to be 720p when he counted the pixels.
---
My Big Boss Emblem, Achieved 6/21/2008 http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0500wx6.jpg
3DS FC = 2277 6647 0831
#32FusionCPosted 11/2/2013 2:59:24 PM
TonyMontana916 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
XD

The SHOTS are 1080p....this is obviously 720p upscaled, my god you guys are terrible at this! I feel really REALLY bad at people that think this is 1080p. You truly are being blindsided or have not experienced actual 1080p native before =(

I'll entertain your post for a second because obviously you haven't experienced 1080p native either. You know that if you have a game running at 1080p it doesn't take away any jaggies right? That's all anti aliasing.

You can have a game at 1080p without any AA and you'll see jaggies everywhere. It's when you turn on any kind of AA that you start to see them get smoothed out and less jagged.

The best example of this is the BF4 footage comparison shots shown. The X1 footage being at 720p but with jaggies because of no AA. The PS4 version at 900p but with AA turned on gives you the smoother edges and lines. Has nothing to do with the resolution but everything to do with AA.

Now before you make a little sony fanboy comment back at me know this, I play games on PC. Where I've been playing games for years now at 1080p native and at 60fps. In fact, I'm playing BF4 right now at 1080p 60fps with all settings at ultra. Meaning, I have the best version of the game compared to all other consoles so I know exactly how this game looks at it's best.

With that said, the guys at DF actually count the pixels in the screenshots and can tell what a game is running at. They did it when FFXIII came out and saw that it was running at sub HD on 360 compared to 720p native on PS3. The better comeback would have been "Guys, the game could just be running on a PC and that's where they took these screenshots from" and it would've been more believable than these are 720 upscaled to 1080p shots. If that were the case though, they would've revealed it to be 720p when he counted the pixels.

/slowclap
---
For the Horde!!!!
#33benjimainPosted 11/2/2013 4:13:58 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

30fps 1080p is 1/2 the pixels of 1080p/60fps.

Xbone 100% more powerful confirmed.

PS if I drove a bus it would be like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fNWTftDyw0

Different games. That's why the cars in DriveClub look far more detailed!
#34Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/3/2013 1:00:50 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Native or upscaled? I think they're showing a BF4 1080p/60fps video that's X1 footage, too.
have a look for yourself, and see whether you think the res is native or upscaled: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_dead_rising_3_images-14641_en.html

It's hard to say
yes, it is. probably the desired effect.