Another problem with multiplatform games on Xbox One other than resolution

#1ChevelIePosted 11/2/2013 1:44:47 PM
People are very disappointed that the Xbox One is already showing it has trouble running multiplatform games in the superior quality that the PS4 is running them in, and yes that's a problem.... but what about the lack of offscreen play?

The Wii U's gamepad ans the PS Vita working with the PS4 are both solutions that allow us to continue playing our consoles games on portable devices, yet the Xbox One doesnt have this option. To me that is a huge other reason why I dont want to buy multiplats on Xbox One

It is 2013, we should have the option to play console games streamed on a potable device, that is what makes it next gen gaming
---
Open fire
#2Ramsus082Posted 11/2/2013 1:46:49 PM
Doesn't SmartGlass do that? Essentially a remote-play feature?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#3TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/2/2013 1:47:49 PM
Unless you're 6 and your parents tell you to get off the TV, who cares about off-screen play?
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#4ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 1:47:52 PM
Ramsus082 posted...

No, it adds some light second screen features like using your smartphone to call in an airstrike in the game, but you cannot stream an Xbox One game and play it on a portable device in any form
---
Open fire
#5VIC10U5Posted 11/2/2013 1:48:19 PM
ChevelIe posted...
People are very disappointed that the Xbox One is already showing it has trouble running multiplatform games in the superior quality that the PS4 is running them in, and yes that's a problem.... but what about the lack of offscreen play?

The Wii U's gamepad ans the PS Vita working with the PS4 are both solutions that allow us to continue playing our consoles games on portable devices, yet the Xbox One doesnt have this option. To me that is a huge other reason why I dont want to buy multiplats on Xbox One

It is 2013, we should have the option to play console games streamed on a potable device, that is what makes it next gen gaming

So a gimmick? GOTCHA!
#6duericPosted 11/2/2013 1:49:24 PM
ChevelIe posted...
People are very disappointed that the Xbox One is already showing it has trouble running multiplatform games in the superior quality that the PS4 is running them in, and yes that's a problem....

Why and who's it a problem for?

If you say anything but "The Internet", you will be lying.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7DamnEvilDogPosted 11/2/2013 1:52:04 PM
The WiiU pad has a horrible battery life for gaming in my opinion (I live with my brother, he has a WiiU) and the PSvita is the same... and it would cost you $200 to get a Vita.

Off screen doesn't matter to a lot of people, most prefer to play console games on a TV.

As important as this might be to you, it just seems like a really small thing to pick at this console for, or even post a topic here about.
#8Ramsus082Posted 11/2/2013 1:52:55 PM
ChevelIe posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

No, it adds some light second screen features like using your smartphone to call in an airstrike in the game, but you cannot stream an Xbox One game and play it on a portable device in any form

Oh. Well, in that case:

"XBOX ONE HAS NO PROBLEMS. MULTIPLATFORM GAMES ARE THE SAME. ANY DIFFERENCE YOU FIND BETWEEN THEM ARE IN YOUR SONY FANBOY HEAD. DO THE DEW."
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#9PoloMan6Posted 11/2/2013 2:12:40 PM
You should have posted on PS4 board...you would get many more pats on the back.
#10slyman19Posted 11/2/2013 2:12:55 PM
Off TV play is incredibly important. That's why the Wii U and and Vita are just flying off the shelves.

Hint: No they're not.