Another problem with multiplatform games on Xbox One other than resolution

#11ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 1:13:17 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Unless you're 6 and your parents tell you to get off the TV, who cares about off-screen play?

Uh what? There are many times where I stop playing a game because there is a TV program I want to watch, and most the time I wish I didnt have to stop playing. Remote play allows me to do both without a second thought, and it's a feature Im very excited about.

Also, when I wake up in the middle of the night and cant get to sleep, I can easily just grab my PS Vita at the table and play my PS4 games till Im ready to go back to sleep as opposed to going to my living room and turning on my TV to play a game.

Another instance is when Im working at my desk and have enough flexibility to play a game on my Vita at the same time, I could do that and play my PS4 games there and any room Im in. Gaming is a love of mine since the age of 3, but being 23 now I simply cannot spend a lot of time sitting on a couch and playing video games when there are lots of other things to do
---
Open fire
#12ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 1:14:20 PM
VIC10U5 posted...
ChevelIe posted...
People are very disappointed that the Xbox One is already showing it has trouble running multiplatform games in the superior quality that the PS4 is running them in, and yes that's a problem.... but what about the lack of offscreen play?

The Wii U's gamepad ans the PS Vita working with the PS4 are both solutions that allow us to continue playing our consoles games on portable devices, yet the Xbox One doesnt have this option. To me that is a huge other reason why I dont want to buy multiplats on Xbox One

It is 2013, we should have the option to play console games streamed on a potable device, that is what makes it next gen gaming

So a gimmick? GOTCHA!

In what way is being able to play a FULL PS4 game on a portable device a gimmick?
---
Open fire
#13IzraeilPosted 11/2/2013 1:18:32 PM
ChevelIe posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Unless you're 6 and your parents tell you to get off the TV, who cares about off-screen play?

Uh what? There are many times where I stop playing a game because there is a TV program I want to watch, and most the time I wish I didnt have to stop playing. Remote play allows me to do both without a second thought, and it's a feature Im very excited about.

Also, when I wake up in the middle of the night and cant get to sleep, I can easily just grab my PS Vita at the table and play my PS4 games till Im ready to go back to sleep as opposed to going to my living room and turning on my TV to play a game.

Another instance is when Im working at my desk and have enough flexibility to play a game on my Vita at the same time, I could do that and play my PS4 games there and any room Im in. Gaming is a love of mine since the age of 3, but being 23 now I simply cannot spend a lot of time sitting on a couch and playing video games when there are lots of other things to do

X1 solves this by allowing you to essentially do both at the same time.
#14ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 1:24:10 PM
DamnEvilDog posted...
The WiiU pad has a horrible battery life for gaming in my opinion (I live with my brother, he has a WiiU) and the PSvita is the same... and it would cost you $200 to get a Vita.

Off screen doesn't matter to a lot of people, most prefer to play console games on a TV.

As important as this might be to you, it just seems like a really small thing to pick at this console for, or even post a topic here about.

I have had a Vita since February 2012, I will only have to spend $399 on a PS4 to get remote play
---
Open fire
#15ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 1:25:05 PM
Izraeil posted...
ChevelIe posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...

In what way? You still have to choose what you do, watch TV or play a game on your TV screen O_o
---
Open fire
#16YeomanlyPosted 11/2/2013 1:28:20 PM
You know what's better than this 'off screen play' for $200 extra...

Use that money and buy the wife/partner a nice big TV they can continue to watch on, while I can still game on my huge TV.
#17IzraeilPosted 11/2/2013 1:49:07 PM
ChevelIe posted...
Izraeil posted...
ChevelIe posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...

In what way? You still have to choose what you do, watch TV or play a game on your TV screen O_o

You can't really do both at the same time anyway, being able to switch in a second is a much better alternative.
#18Board_ColliePosted 11/4/2013 4:01:58 PM
So many problems so little time to fix them.
---
Lol: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67056898