List Of 9 Reasons I Won't Get An XBOX ONE And Instead Stick With My XBOX 360...

#1SolnotPosted 11/2/2013 2:08:54 PM
http://www.gadgetreview.com/2013/10/9-reasons-i-wont-get-an-xbox-one-and-instead-stick-with-my-xbox-360.html

The Xbox One arrives November 22nd, and gamers are hugely hyped to see it. But Iím not one of them; in fact, Iíll be sticking with my Xbox 360 in the foreseeable future. Here are 9 reasons you might do the same.

1. Itís Cheaper

First of all, itís kind of a no-brainer even if you havenít bought a console: An Xbox 360 is as low as $180, where the Xbox One is going for $500 at launch. Also, youíll be able to find a 360 on the shelves this Christmas, unlike the One, unless something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

2. There Are 958 Games For The Xbox 360

OK, so not all of them are classics, but the Xbox 360 doesnít exactly have a wimpy library, and since the One isnít backwards compatible, youíll need a 360 to play those games anyway. Playing every game available for it can take up years of time and includes pretty much every game worth playing aside from the Sony exclusives like The Last Of Us. And with games like Grand Theft Auto V, Assassinís Creed IV, and Batman: Arkham Origins already on the shelves, not to mention the sheer endlessness of Minecraft, itís going to stay busy for a good long time. And speaking of games...

3. The Launch Lineup Is Mostly Multiplatform Anyway

Most of the Xbox Oneís games are either coming to the Xbox 360, or are already out for it. True, theyíre prettier, sometimes substantially, than their previous-gen brethren. Assassinís Creed IV in particular looks gorgeous on next-gen consoles. But by the same token, it doesnít really matter all that much. Whether itís on the One or the 360, Madden is still going to play like Madden, and at this point, development studios know the 360 so well theyíre squeezing gorgeous graphics out of hardware thatís nearly eight years old. And not helping matters is...

4. The Drought Of Games For A New Console Lasts At Least A Year

Think of a previous console and the games that defined it. The PlayStation 2 had franchises like God of War, and the original Xbox sold millions of consoles on the back of Halo. The PlayStation 3 has games like inFamous and LittleBigPlanet, while the Xbox 360 had Halo, the Kinect, Gears Of War, and others. But almost none of those came out at launch. In fact, it generally takes about a year for developers to find their footing with new consoles; Gears, for example, arrived a year or so after the 360 came out, and unlike the launch titles on the 360, it actually used the hardware to its full effectiveness at the time.

Of course, you may not be able to play the games anyway, because...

5. New Consoles Can Be Buggy

This is something Xbox 360 owners know all too well: Odds are pretty good youíve seen The Red Ring Of Death, those three pulsing lights that mean you might be out all your saved games, and definitely have to wait for a new console. Microsoft has never been entirely forthcoming about what happened, but one thing thatís for certain is that a lot of 360 owners had to send theirs back; estimates range from 23% to a staggering 54%. One assumes theyíve learned their lesson, but the fact remainsÖ you might be an unpaid beta tester for a new piece of hardware. And on that noteÖ
#2Solnot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 2:09:31 PM
6. I Finally Have One That Works

The simple reality of that manufacturing problem is that itís taken a while to find an Xbox 360 thatís fully functional. Itís not uncommon to find people who have sent their unit back three or four times, and even the double-digits arenít unheard of. You invest that much time into a console, youíre going to want your money back one way or the other.

7. Microsoft Will Be Supporting It Until At Least 2015

Going hand in hand with that is the fact that not even Microsoft, with the brand new shiny machine, is giving up on the Xbox 360. Itís promised that the system will be supported in some form through at least 2015, although obviously as the Xbox One becomes more popular and more developers flock to it, the number of Xbox 360 games are going to slow substantially. Which mostly means there wonít be nearly as awful a backlog of video games to play, really, and third-party support can go for a long time; the last PS2 game didnít arrive until this year.

8. I Donít Need The Xboneís TV Features

Stepping away from gaming for a minute, thereís also the other main function of the Xbox 360: video streaming. The 360 streams everything from Netflix to UFC, and itís likely only going to keep adding streaming options as Microsoft and Sony get deeper into their fight to take control of the living room.

Just as importantly, itís pretty difficult to see what the Xbox One brings to the experience of watching TV. So I can tune my TV with my voice? UhÖ yay? I already have a remote? I donít mind moving a finger? The same is true of most of the content on the One; itís undeniably futuristic, impressive stuff, but itís only for a very small handful of users compared to the systemís wider audience. I donít need to wave at my TV to make it stop playback, and that doesnít seem to be worth $500.

9. Iím Waiting To See If Microsoft Reverses Its Reversal

Finally, thereís this. Microsoft made some pretty bold announcements about connectivity and used games when the Xbox One was first announced, only to retract those statements surprisingly quickly in the face of an enormous amount of gamer ire. That raises a few questions, not the least of which is why these features were there in the first place if they were so easily removed.

The second is ďMight Microsoft restore them again?Ē It seems unlikely theyíre not going to try and keep pushing this always-on agenda in some way, shape, or form. Until I know for sure I wonít have my console held hostage by my Internet connection, Iím sticking with my 360.
#3Dev445Posted 11/2/2013 2:12:51 PM
Here's 33 reasons why I want one: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67681657
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#4Epic_Bear_GuyPosted 11/2/2013 2:21:29 PM
I don't care.
#5HeathenutopiaPosted 11/2/2013 2:23:09 PM
AND!!!! It has an exclusive only available on the X1...

720P!!!!!!
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#6Solnot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 2:23:27 PM
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...
I don't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Q7CcINC8M
#7ilikehamandhaloPosted 11/2/2013 2:33:08 PM
Everything posted was said months ago by most people. No real reason to jump into next gen when 360 will still be the best console out at the end of the year and probably most of next year.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#8Geshwinne Darksoul IPosted 11/2/2013 2:41:47 PM
I Can't Wait To See The New Ryse combat Stuff This Week...I Think It will Be the Game That actually Says, "Next Gen Is Here!"
---
Wanna know what happened to Anthony Carmine?? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=938611&topic=46007435