Aaron Greenberg Agrees 1080p Native Is Better Than Upscaled

#21Heathenutopia(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 5:27:02 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
embrandedone posted...
Still no appearance by the fancgirls. Hmph

Conjurations skills are high with these guys.

Can someone answer me, where does it say that one of the requirements for next-gen was native 1080p? Please? Anybody? I've asked several times now.

You make it sound like evolution is a bad thing. Nothing wrong with expecting better than tech that is 7 years old now. (360)
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#22Soundwave517Posted 11/4/2013 5:36:33 AM
It blows my mind how everyone thinks more power guarantees a system will win the generation war. Was not the ps3 more powerful than the xbox 360? Who won current generation? Also, what about the power of the ps vita to the 3Ds?

I'm waiting to see a side by side comparison of ps4 and x1 cod: ghosts before making judgment but i doubt highly you will see a huge difference. Haters know this too but are desperate to keep bashing Microsoft.
#23True_FoeHammerPosted 11/4/2013 5:39:26 AM
Soundwave517 posted...
It blows my mind how everyone thinks more power guarantees a system will win the generation war. Was not the ps3 more powerful than the xbox 360? Who won current generation? Also, what about the power of the ps vita to the 3Ds?

I'm waiting to see a side by side comparison of ps4 and x1 cod: ghosts before making judgment but i doubt highly you will see a huge difference. Haters know this too but are desperate to keep bashing Microsoft.

In every other case, more power came with a higher cost. Your point is about as relevant as a fundamentalist at a research university.
#24Nok_Su_KowPosted 11/4/2013 5:44:24 AM
PS3 had more problems, lower attach rate due to higher initial launch price (brought on by Cell technology). Cell was a pain to develop for leading to inferior ports in many cases. PS3 has since been seeing a late success rate. 360 had a stronger foothold in comparison.

I think xbox original and PS2 is a more apt analogy of a graphical underdog. PS2 had the exclusives and xbox just didn't know what it wanted at first. This is why this gen will be much more interesting now that MS has more console experience and Sony is more in touch with what developers want this time around.
#25Soundwave517Posted 11/4/2013 5:46:48 AM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Soundwave517 posted...

In every other case, more power came with a higher cost. Your point is about as relevant as a fundamentalist at a research university.

So the only thing holding vita back from beating the 3DS was its cost?
#26InjusticeRebornPosted 11/4/2013 5:56:22 AM
Heathenutopia posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
embrandedone posted...
Still no appearance by the fancgirls. Hmph

Conjurations skills are high with these guys.

Can someone answer me, where does it say that one of the requirements for next-gen was native 1080p? Please? Anybody? I've asked several times now.

You make it sound like evolution is a bad thing. Nothing wrong with expecting better than tech that is 7 years old now. (360)

It may sound like that, to you, but that isn't what I'm saying.

Resolution was never ever a thing on my mind when I made the move from MegaDrive/SNES to PlayStation, or from PlayStation to PlayStation 2, or from PlayStation 2 to PlayStation 3/360... you get the picture.

When I moved up onto the next console, I expected an upgrade in visuals - not resolution (because like I said, I wasn't aware of it's effect during previous generations), but just overall sharper visuals, less obvious pixels, more 'realism' in them? Take as an example, the first Tekken. Then compare that to Tekken Tag Tournament. I have no idea what the resolutions were, but they looked better.

I don't know what the resolutions are with whatever Battlefield it was on the 360 before the Bad Company games, but compare that to BF4 now on the XBO and PS4.

Other things I expected with a new console, is new ways to play and/or interact. Larger worlds. Reduced loading times. And then, new games. Before the PlayStation, Street Fighter was my only experience in a fighting game, then Tekken comes along. New and refreshing. Gran Turismo was different to the arcade racers we were all used to, and that was refreshing. Mark of Kri, new and fresh. Heavenly Sword, same thing. These were worlds I had never stepped foot in before.

That is what, going into a new generation of consoles means to me. Not resolution. Or as the case was that I am just blind to it - it's not JUST about resolution.

But whatever. Resolution is the thing now. Like I said previously, I think it has blown way out of proportion.
#27Nok_Su_KowPosted 11/4/2013 6:06:18 AM
Since the advent of HD TVs and monitors, higher resolution has become an expectation. People want to take advantage of their setups. Of course not as important to the other aspects of a next gen console, it becomes more apparent when we have these visual differences between the consoles. Again, folks want to take advantage of their setups.
#28True_FoeHammerPosted 11/4/2013 7:09:01 AM
Soundwave517 posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
Soundwave517 posted...

I'm not saying that it was the ONLY thing, but Nintendo collectively **** themselves when the very tech-superior Vita was announced to launch at the same price the 3DS had at the time. That's why that whole Ambassador Program was enacted with a $80 price cut. Both had extremely rocky starts with a bare-bones library. That's why Nintendo fans have the recent habit of getting hot under the collar for Legend of Zelda re-releases.
#29Soundwave517Posted 11/4/2013 8:41:20 AM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Soundwave517 posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
Soundwave517 posted...

I'm not saying that it was the ONLY thing, but Nintendo collectively **** themselves when the very tech-superior Vita was announced to launch at the same price the 3DS had at the time. That's why that whole Ambassador Program was enacted with a $80 price cut. Both had extremely rocky starts with a bare-bones library. That's why Nintendo fans have the recent habit of getting hot under the collar for Legend of Zelda re-releases.

Ok, so they're both equal in price and have been for some time now. What's the reason a far inferior system in the same generation is blowing the superior one out of the water? What about the ridiculous amounts of wiis that sold?

Power helps but doesn't make a system. Games make a system. That's my "irrelevant" point.
#30TreGoodaPosted 11/4/2013 8:41:57 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
I don't think people debated this. Of course it'll be better than something upscaled but that's not to say that 1080p upscaled looks significantly worse than native 1080p.

/topic

---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."