If it's true that Xbox One is not powerful enough, then Xbox One will upgrade

#1TerraUniversePosted 11/2/2013 6:41:39 PM(edited)
The Xbox One can do 1080p, I mean, even the Xbox 360 and Wii U can do 1080p and Xbox One is more powerful than these systems. Whatever issues there are between 720p and 1080p are to do with performance and the developers perhaps not knowing how to make games run well in 1080p. Also, it's not known if it's a good thing to have something run in 1080p. For instance, what if a game in 1080p has more lag or frame rate issues? After all, these games are huge now and with the more detailed games, they're prioritizing performance over 1080p.

Let's assume that the Xbox One cannot run 60fps and 1080p, no matter what the developers do, then I don't see why Microsoft couldn't update the system so that it's more powerful.

For instance, the Xbox 360 didn't have HDMI (I think) at the beginning and it was added afterwards.
#2yay4pachirisuPosted 11/2/2013 6:40:38 PM
Forza and 2k

/thread
---
PowerGuides 1.10
#3khardboredPosted 11/2/2013 6:41:11 PM
They won't do a GPU/CPU/Ram upgrade. That would severely alienate and enrage customers without the upgrade. Nor is it financially feasible.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#4badmanneilPosted 11/2/2013 6:43:23 PM
Another topic failure
---
Gamertag: Krazzy Bananas
#5TerraUniverse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 6:45:02 PM
khardbored posted...
They won't do a GPU/CPU/Ram upgrade. That would severely alienate and enrage customers without the upgrade. Nor is it financially feasible.

They wouldn't update the whole system, and the old Xbox One's would still work. They would just update it so that it could run games at 1080p and 60 FPS, which shouldn't be a huge update.

Early Xbox 360 models didn't come with HDMI ports. Obviously, HDMI greatly improves graphics. This shows you that they can update something so that the graphics look better. Also, the old Xbox One's would still work, too. Keep in mind that all 1080p games can be viewed in 720p also, especially on 720p TV's for example, so old Xbox One's could still play games.
#6PorungaPosted 11/2/2013 6:45:36 PM
Small revisions like adding in HDMI ports are one thing, but a total hardware upgrade (cpu/ram/gpu) has never been done. It would be a death blow to the xbox one. Doing so would completely alienate the early install base. Their consoles would then become worthless and they would have to repurchase the system in order to continue playing new games. Games designed to take advantage of this new hardware would either not work with older systems, or would run poorly on older systems.

Microsoft is many things, but suicidaly stupid is not one of them.
#7khardboredPosted 11/2/2013 6:58:09 PM
Exactly what Porunga said. What happens to those of us early adopters that do not have the hardware upgrade? Microsoft won't send us out a loaner system while ours get sent in for upgrades. Nor will they spend the money in the first place. Not to mention I would be pretty damned upset if this happened.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#8Spetsnaz420Posted 11/2/2013 9:46:12 PM
Haha nope...this is the system you get. Best case scenario they patch out the 10% of resources reserved for kinect when its unplugged...but honestly I doubt even that could happen
---
I don't conform to social convention
#9KolanifvPosted 11/2/2013 10:11:36 PM
It would have to be something like the N64 expansion pack, and some game features wouldn't work if you didn't have it. For example, Perfect Dark's single player campaign on the N64 wouldn't load if you didn't have the expansion pack.
#10bloodlover4everPosted 11/2/2013 10:13:29 PM
Porunga posted...
Small revisions like adding in HDMI ports are one thing, but a total hardware upgrade (cpu/ram/gpu) has never been done. It would be a death blow to the xbox one. Doing so would completely alienate the early install base. Their consoles would then become worthless and they would have to repurchase the system in order to continue playing new games. Games designed to take advantage of this new hardware would either not work with older systems, or would run poorly on older systems.

Microsoft is many things, but suicidaly stupid is not one of them.

How many do you know has Xbox360 first generation system? I know no one since it has low storage, no HDMI an the red rings of death. It is almost as if we were all forced to updgrade our fist generation console!