Sony will offer the day 1 update on disk via mail; what about Microsoft?

#21regsantotomasPosted 11/6/2013 1:32:45 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...
Is this a joke? Do they offer carrier pigeon as well?

Pony Express actually.

#joke
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#22SavageTrooperPosted 11/6/2013 1:32:49 PM
BigPapi829 posted...
What are you talking about put a link up

Look up the PS4 1.50 faq on google. It says it all in there.
#23SupaShigPosted 11/6/2013 1:33:36 PM
JusticeSword posted...
PS4 update:
size: 300 mb (approx)
availability: Via psn, website to USB drive,printed onto some games, or physical disc.
faq;
Do I need this update for gaming?
No, you can play right away.
Can I play whilst it downloads?
Yes you can download it in the background & install at a convenient time.

X1 update:
Size: 3gb (approx)
availability: XB Live network
faq;
Do I need this update for gaming ?
Yes games cannot be played till you update.
Can I play whilst it downloads
No.

Potential issues;

For those purchasing consoles day 1, you will probably have trouble getting the updates as everyone will be trying to download at the same time, this is less of an issue on the ps4 as the update is available in varying mediums, & the update is small, & not needed for offline gaming, & more of an issue with the X1, which has 1 outlet for their update, which is 10x bigger than the ps4 update, & is required for gaming on the X1.

Hope this helps.

This post is ignored while troll posts are quoted and responded to 5+ times below it.

Jutice, your problem was that you had too much fact and common sense in your post. Stuff like that gets ignored in these parts.
#24JusticeSwordPosted 11/6/2013 1:38:29 PM
SupaShig posted...
JusticeSword posted...
PS4 update:
size: 300 mb (approx)
availability: Via psn, website to USB drive,printed onto some games, or physical disc.
faq;
Do I need this update for gaming?
No, you can play right away.
Can I play whilst it downloads?
Yes you can download it in the background & install at a convenient time.

X1 update:
Size: 3gb (approx)
availability: XB Live network
faq;
Do I need this update for gaming ?
Yes games cannot be played till you update.
Can I play whilst it downloads
No.

Potential issues;

For those purchasing consoles day 1, you will probably have trouble getting the updates as everyone will be trying to download at the same time, this is less of an issue on the ps4 as the update is available in varying mediums, & the update is small, & not needed for offline gaming, & more of an issue with the X1, which has 1 outlet for their update, which is 10x bigger than the ps4 update, & is required for gaming on the X1.

Hope this helps.

This post is ignored while troll posts are quoted and responded to 5+ times below it.

Jutice, your problem was that you had too much fact and common sense in your post. Stuff like that gets ignored in these parts.

I know, it further solidifies my assertation that the trolls here are selective & ignorant, theres a few good guys like ch3wy, skynett, & even sometimes mr impatient, but the trollboys always ALWAYS ignore the fact filled critiques of MS, If they actually took a stand & admitted certain aspects arent up to par, they might force a change for the better.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#25SupaShigPosted 11/6/2013 2:01:03 PM
I feel like it goes without saying that people are worried about day one with XBOne, though. Everyone knows the download servers are going to be overloaded and its such a huge patch. I don't think theres any doubt that it will be very slow.

Its just one of those things though. People will deal with it for a week or 2 and forget about it once everything is in place. Gonna be much trolling for the first couple days though so be ready for that.
#26Dr WhoopassPosted 11/6/2013 2:13:18 PM
SUMMON THE MAESTER! WE NEED RAVENS TO EVERY CORNER OF THE REALM! PEOPLE CAN'T WATCH GOT ON BLURAY!
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#27Exodus_PrimePosted 11/6/2013 2:16:30 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...

Pony Express actually.

#joke

Wait..did they already change it from "Bronie Express" I haven't been able to keep up with all the awesome Xbox One news going on.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#28JusticeSwordPosted 11/6/2013 3:33:14 PM
For all the jokes made about the one out of various ways u can get the day 1 ps4 update, its still better than what MS are doing.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#29SithMasterDKPosted 11/7/2013 8:55:06 AM
JusticeSword posted...
For all the jokes made about the one out of various ways u can get the day 1 ps4 update, its still better than what MS are doing.

Yea I don't think anyone is denying that, but a lot of people are just tired of seeing a topic like this on the X1 boards. Not saying that they're butthurt or anything, it's just that a lot of people on these boards really couldn't care less.

I think people are just tired of all this bickering ball and forth. Playstation fans are trying to rub everything into Xbox fans' faces and there's no need for it. Xbox fans know that they are getting with the console that they choose and that's that. Both consoles will be great, both consoles will cater to their fans, and both consoles will bring enjoyment to those that play it.
---
Currently playing- Dark Souls(PC), Pokemon Showdown, GTA V, and good old fashioned foosball.
#30Jiggy101011Posted 11/7/2013 11:39:28 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...

Pony Express actually.

#joke

I laughed on both posts, well done Sirs.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.