I am beginning to question my purchase :(

#41Bigdaddy422Posted 11/3/2013 10:17:37 AM
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Bigdaddy422 posted...

Kinect was an addon an afterthought. This time it is packaged with every system so developers will utilize it. Head tracking in Forza. Zombies hearing you and seeing bright lighting. Shouting things specific things to piss off bosses. Facial recognition and ease of swapping controllers. Voice commands. Scanning yourself into a game. Leaning on BF4. Just to point out a few.

Also kinect rivals looks great.

Head tracking is a small gimmick that is actually more of a hassle than any form of decent gameplay. Being able to tilt the camera left to right is something we've been able to do for ages. The marvelous wonder that we can do it with our heads now will wear of eventually and it's not something that developers will want to incorprate into other games. This will also be taken over by 3D goggles.

Shouting things specific things to piss off bosses.

Personally, I'd rather not pay $100 to embarrass myself.

Leaning on BF4

Again, this is something that restricts gameplay more than anything else. There is only a certain amount of things you can do with your body.

All in all, it's an expensive waste of time that only casuals care about.

You call head tracking a gimmick, i call it the next step in the evolution of gaming. Next youll tell me the VR headsets are a gimmick, but im sure youll praise them once Sony releases the one they are working on.

You call interacting more in a game, such as shouting, a gimmick, i call it immersion.

Since we are talking about gimmicks, nothing is more of a gimmick than the tacked on touchpad on the DS4. This is coming from someone who owns a Vita and found the back touchpad a gimmick.
#42Bigdaddy422Posted 11/3/2013 10:21:41 AM
Breaking down the walls of immersion isnt a gimmick. Leaning with your body immerses you more into the action an thats a good thing. Sneaking around zombies and where you have to be quiet, isnt a gimmick, it immerses you. Just imagine stealth games. Looking to your left or right in a car, while racing, is added immersion. More immersion than pressing right on the right stick.

You are stuck in the common mindset of change being bad. I expect more from my gaming system then adde graphics. I have been through many launches and gaming has become mundane. The more immersion added makes you more invested in the story and the game you are playing.

Receiving calls on your real life cellphone, from survivors in game, break down many walls videogames are confined too.
#43Bigdaddy422Posted 11/3/2013 10:33:20 AM
You call shouting a way to embarrass yourself but people already do it in skyrim and gta online while robbing.
Who are you trying to impress? It says alot about you when you worry about what others think.

I remember when gaming was supposedly embarrassing an only losers and lazy people played games. My how times have changed.
#44GambitbuzzkillPosted 11/3/2013 11:11:28 AM
Dude no one cares cancel your pre order and get a PS4, Wii U, Gaming P.C or just stick with current gen but don't come looking for ppl to change your mind.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#45CokaineCowboy77Posted 11/3/2013 12:24:05 PM
Bigdaddy422 posted...

You call head tracking a gimmick, i call it the next step in the evolution of gaming.

Head tracking is already been overrun br VR headsets, and it's completely useless for gaming at this point. Even in Forza it's pointless. There's only a limited number of things you can do with Kinect.

Next youll tell me the VR headsets are a gimmick

Well, they're certainly not a revolution. Not in gaming anyway, and certainly not at this point.

You call interacting more in a game, such as shouting, a gimmick, i call it immersion.

Oh, hardly. I'm all for interaction and immersion, but shouting words at my T.V is not my idea of immersion. I guess that's the difference between us. Hit me back when the Kinect can transfer me into a full VR world. Until then it's a soft gimmick for kids to pretend they're stroking Kinectimals.

...nothing is more of a gimmick than the tacked on touchpad on the DS4

Difference is it's not a mandatory purchase. It's just an extra button. But yes, it's certainly not going to change gaming or anything.
---
"What FF character can defeat Genie?"
SBK91 - "None of them. They don't begin register."
#46CokaineCowboy77Posted 11/3/2013 12:30:41 PM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
Looking to your left or right in a car, while racing, is added immersion.

Lol

Sorry I just can't take you seriously.

You are stuck in the common mindset of change being bad.

Good change is good, bad change is bad, the Kinect is the latter.

I expect more from my gaming system then adde graphics.

But that's all your going to get, unless you like tacked on gimmicks like the Kinect, which it appears you do. Better graphics is all your going to get with new hardware, it's not like developers will magicly get some great gameplay ideas from new hardware.

Receiving calls on your real life cellphone, from survivors in game, break down many walls videogames are confined too.

You know what, call me bak when there is one good Kinect game. History has and will prove I'm right.
---
#47CokaineCowboy77Posted 11/3/2013 12:36:39 PM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
You call shouting a way to embarrass yourself but people already do it in skyrim and gta online while robbing.

If you're perfectly comfortable with shouting "FUS ROH DAAAAH!!" at your T.V that says less about your confidence and more about your mental health. It's embarrassing, and I'm not even the one doing it.

Who are you trying to impress?

No one. I'm trying not to embarrass myself. Good way to do that is to not buy the Xbone.
---
#48badmanneil(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:09:23 PM
i just want an epic experience. Ill post an update as to how exploded my mind is on release date lol
---
Gamertag: Krazzy Bananas