BF4 + Kinect, and what else you would like to see in the future?

#1InjusticeRebornPosted 11/3/2013 6:36:02 AM
I know BF4 has it's own board (and it isn't mentioned much there either). I've looked everywhere for confirmation - because of how little this has been covered, I actually believed I imagined Bach mentioning it at the end of the BF4 Showdown.

I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about more, because as far as I was aware, it was something they wanted to do, but weren't sure. So apologies if this is widely known, and I missed it. :P

So, you can use Kinect in BF4, to lean, and to free look (in vehicles?).

http://i.imgur.com/7xoPupL.jpg

Nifty? But, my question is, how else would you like this thing to be used in games, as it's being forced on to us? What kind of games would you like to see for it specifically?

I think it was SoulTrapper who mentioned that he'd like to see something like Time Crisis. I was absolutely rubbish at that game, but couldn't agree more.
#2DarkJaydragonPosted 11/3/2013 6:37:30 AM
The leaning is my favourite feature of the kinect so far. I wonder if the PS4 camera does it too?
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#3bessy67Posted 11/3/2013 6:40:27 AM
Every RPG should use it like Skyrim, with inventory management and follower commands. Kinect makes Skyrim so much more fluid.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/3/2013 6:45:00 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
I know BF4 has it's own board (and it isn't mentioned much there either). I've looked everywhere for confirmation - because of how little this has been covered, I actually believed I imagined Bach mentioning it at the end of the BF4 Showdown.

I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about more, because as far as I was aware, it was something they wanted to do, but weren't sure. So apologies if this is widely known, and I missed it. :P

So, you can use Kinect in BF4, to lean, and to free look (in vehicles?).

http://i.imgur.com/7xoPupL.jpg

Nifty? But, my question is, how else would you like this thing to be used in games, as it's being forced on to us? What kind of games would you like to see for it specifically?

I think it was SoulTrapper who mentioned that he'd like to see something like Time Crisis. I was absolutely rubbish at that game, but couldn't agree more.

I second Skyrim. now that it's mandatory and more powerful we should see even more improvements. it just makes the game way better.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5__Krystal__Posted 11/3/2013 7:27:11 AM
Anything else been said about scanning your face bf4 multiplayer and games like Skyrim?
---
CHAMP20NS
#6Bigdaddy422Posted 11/3/2013 7:31:46 AM
That sounds awesome, but is it 100% confirmed.

Hurry an answer before the trolls swarm in here and somehow find something negative about this. They hate when we have cool additions.
#7InjusticeReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 7:58:08 AM
Yeah, the Skyrim nod is a good one.

Like I said in an old topic though, I'm a bit wary of using it that way now. After trying a Shout on Skyrim just as the Mrs walked in, she ripped into me for her humour, and it left me scarred. :(

With such uses like that, it's good that the PS crowd could get in on stuff like that with the Eye.

And I do too wonder if the Eye can be used like this for BF4. Would be cool for the PS users who'd like to try it.
#8straymatterPosted 11/4/2013 12:18:20 PM
First real test of Kinect 2, this is a real implementation in a real game! This is what they said would never happen.
#9WSB_MastaPosted 11/4/2013 1:13:15 PM
Lets be honest, we are all already leaning (in real life) when the games dont have these features, It might take some getting used to the game leaning with me :)
---
MastaKing
#10BadLuckIncPosted 11/4/2013 1:23:32 PM
Things like this is why I'm happy that the Kinect comes with every Xbox One. Gives the developers way more incentive to implement great new things in the Kinect's already awesome tech.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~ Arrival Date Nov 22nd!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk