There is no power of the cloud

#1lilj812Posted 11/3/2013 10:34:46 AM
Outside of dedicated servers (which are also on the PS3 and PS4 and multiplat games). The reason why I say there is no power of the cloud because if there was, we would have seen it by now, wouldn't we have?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#2no1oblivionfanPosted 11/3/2013 10:35:56 AM
Even if the cloud was real, people's internet couldn't utilize it even effectively.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
GT: DanDan4000
#3ThatLaoGuyPosted 11/3/2013 10:37:28 AM
yes, for something that was announced since the reveal of the xbone, since it isn't in effect now and the console runs like trash, you can safely assume it's all bs.
---
Gamertag: That Lao Guy
#4Seanie1200Posted 11/3/2013 10:41:12 AM
no1oblivionfan posted...
Even if the cloud was real, people's internet couldn't utilize it even effectively.

This. Most peoples connections just can't handle what the cloud demands.
#5lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 10:41:47 AM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
yes, for something that was announced since the reveal of the xbone, since it isn't in effect now and the console runs like trash, you can safely assume it's all bs.

Exactly. Yet people still post about it like it's a feature or something when it's a feature many other devices.
---
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#6DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/3/2013 10:42:28 AM
lilj812 posted...
Outside of dedicated servers (which are also on the PS3 and PS4 and multiplat games). The reason why I say there is no power of the cloud because if there was, we would have seen it by now, wouldn't we have?

Actually, people won't get full access to Cloud features until recently because they've only announced recently that it will be free to all. The only people who have had it available to them up to this point are select partners like Respawn.

The reason we haven't "seen it" is because the console itself isn't released but we already know that Forza and Titanfall are both utilizing it.

Anyone who is ignorant enough to say our internet can't handle it has no idea what they are talking about. Cloud gaming features are essentially what MMOs already do. The issue is that MMOs usually cost money because it costs a lot to rent those servers. MS offers them for free so developers can now choose to add things that were only available to MMOs now because they don't have to worry about buying, renting or maintaining servers.

Thats why Titanfall is going to have integrated AI opponents in the battlefield. Hell they can have as many as they want if its running off the Cloud, like have 16vs16 players and then have 200 AIs in the background.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#7MmaguyPosted 11/3/2013 10:48:21 AM(edited)
http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/01/xbox-one-cloud-processing-gives-forza-5-600-more-ai-capability-says-dev/

A quote from the dev:

“So we can now make our AI instead of just being 20%, 10% of the box’s capability, we can make it 600% of the box’s capability,” he went on. “Put it in the cloud and free up that 10% or 20% to make the graphics better – on a box that’s already more powerful than we worked on before.”

"power of the cloud" doesn't mean "better raw graphics", it means they are able to use 100% free dedicated servers, giant ones, to change AI structure, to implement online features that MMO style games would have into single player/semi-online games (imagine what they could do with a game that has an online system like Dark Souls), to do all kinds if things that improve and enhance games. It opens up room for them to push more on the graphics as well, but the cloud itself doesn't make the console have better graphics, but it allows the devs to off put things like AI into the cloud, freeing up extra hardware to be used on graphics.
#8lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 10:45:57 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
lilj812 posted...

Actually, people won't get full access to Cloud features until recently because they've only announced recently that it will be free to all. The only people who have had it available to them up to this point are select partners like Respawn.

The reason we haven't "seen it" is because the console itself isn't released but we already know that Forza and Titanfall are both utilizing it.

Anyone who is ignorant enough to say our internet can't handle it has no idea what they are talking about. Cloud gaming features are essentially what MMOs already do. The issue is that MMOs usually cost money because it costs a lot to rent those servers. MS offers them for free so developers can now choose to add things that were only available to MMOs now because they don't have to worry about buying, renting or maintaining servers.

Thats why Titanfall is going to have integrated AI opponents in the battlefield. Hell they can have as many as they want if its running off the Cloud, like have 16vs16 players and then have 200 AIs in the background.

Theory is cool, but I want to see it in action. How is Titanfall and Forza utilizing it exactly? Ghost cars?

Also, are you suggesting that Titanfall can fit 232 players on screen? LOL! The xbox one can't handle that AT ALL.

Also, MMOs aren't known for their AI prowness. And if an xbox one player gets lag on his end, what happens to the game?
---
#9no1oblivionfanPosted 11/3/2013 10:46:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10no1oblivionfanPosted 11/3/2013 10:50:08 AM
I'm slightly confused about this MMO comparison. On all MMOs your PC still has to process every character there is, the server doesn't do this for you, unless you're talking about mechanics/scripts..
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
GT: DanDan4000