There is no power of the cloud

#71Lord_Ka1nPosted 11/5/2013 6:48:43 PM
go ask the GTA online board how the power of the cloud is working out for them.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203 - Feel free to add, pm me so i can get you back
#72RagnoraokPosted 11/5/2013 6:49:14 PM
BrownGotti posted...
Why do people find it so hard to believe in cloud computing when Onlive is a 100% cloud computing service that offers games at 1080p and 60fps. The console running it is noting more than a glorified Apple TV. So yes cloud gaming and computing is already being done on the console level, but it's never been done with a powerful console like the X1.

And yes, I expect this post to fall on blind eyes. I would expect nothing less from GameFaqs.

I am interested to hear a rebuttal to this.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#73BrownGottiPosted 11/5/2013 6:51:01 PM
Lord_Ka1n posted...
go ask the GTA online board how the power of the cloud is working out for them.

Go ask anyone playing world of war craft the same question. GTAs problem is their dedicated servers. Now how do MS servers stand up........ We'll have to wait and see.
#74Talk2DaHandPosted 11/5/2013 6:51:15 PM
DesperateMonkey is practically the only person on this topic that is making sense. PS4 fans are delusional if they think 300,000 servers wont affect gameplay and other aspects of the game. Xbox Live gonna make that PSN look like an abacus.
---
http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/2214.jpg
#75BraxSimeonPosted 11/5/2013 6:52:08 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
BrownGotti posted...
Why do people find it so hard to believe in cloud computing when Onlive is a 100% cloud computing service that offers games at 1080p and 60fps. The console running it is noting more than a glorified Apple TV. So yes cloud gaming and computing is already being done on the console level, but it's never been done with a powerful console like the X1.

And yes, I expect this post to fall on blind eyes. I would expect nothing less from GameFaqs.

There won't be any - only .15% of Cloud discussions around here have anything to do with reality.
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#76RagnoraokPosted 11/5/2013 6:57:06 PM
BraxSimeon posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
BrownGotti posted...

There won't be any - only .15% of Cloud discussions around here have anything to do with reality.

LOL, I bet you can extend that to the X1 in general. I swear, too many of the X1 troll topics end in the MS fanboys trumping the haters with pure logic. The same happened with the privacy issues, the TOS agreements, Esram issue, and now Cloud.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#77Talk2DaHandPosted 11/5/2013 7:02:53 PM
BraxSimeon posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
BrownGotti posted...

I will quote this just because I also want to hear a rebuttal. I need to laugh.
---
http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/2214.jpg
#78SoulTrapperPosted 11/6/2013 4:32:40 PM(edited)
BraxSimeon posted...

Oh... oops... this:

BrownGotti posted...

Ragnoraok posted...

Try to actually read the article I linked

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

Of course, we wouldn't send data over the internet without compressing it first. It's through compression that OnLive manages to stream high-definition game video over those same slow internet connections. If OnLive can do it with games, why can't it be done with game data for cloud computing? The main issue here is that video can be compressed with lossy algorithms that throw away large amounts of data that the viewer is insensitive to, producing a video that looks largely like the uncompressed source while needing a fraction of the data. This isn't possible with game data like AI or physics states or models.
#79PowerOfTheCloudPosted 11/6/2013 4:39:12 PM
I exist! I really do!
---
xbone = myspace
ps4 = facebook
#80CyborgTwentyPosted 11/6/2013 4:40:10 PM
PowerOfTheCloud posted...
I exist! I really do!

Wow you are truly infinite!