If you're worried about resolution so much, you should've got a PC.

#31AltmadragonPosted 11/3/2013 9:37:20 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Snip

I don't think you have clue about anything you just posted.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#32GothmogzPosted 11/4/2013 12:41:49 AM
And if you dont care about online gaming get a xbox 360?, those arguments are nonsense.
---
Gamertag: Alehappy
#33Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 1:00:56 AM
Gothmogz posted...
And if you dont care about online gaming get a xbox 360?, those arguments are nonsense.

That's not the point.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4665-5845
Time to catch em' all!
#34VanderZooPosted 11/4/2013 1:12:03 AM
Or just get a PS4, since all but a minority of games are 1080p. Only costs $400, not $800 + like a PC. Plus none of the hassle either.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#35VanderZooPosted 11/4/2013 1:13:26 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
If you are buying consoles for the graphics, you are doing it wrong.

/topic

I buy consoles for graphics because they actually get unique games to show it off. Unlike PC's which just rely on multiplatform games with slightly higher settings.

What's the point in getting a PC for graphics when the best looking games (infamous, the order, mgs v, ffxv etc) aren't coming out for it?
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#36gameboybrycePosted 11/4/2013 1:19:35 AM
Resolution really isn't the issue per say. It's more the reason behind why there is a difference in resolution that's a problem. Even when devs start to really utilize the ESRAM more efficiently they will also be utilize the GPU on the PS4 more efficiently too. As Cerny has said they designed the PS4 to allow devs to continuously improve on how they use the resources on the system to allow for continuous game improvement. No matter how well devs utilize the resources in the X1 it's still a weaker system than the PS4 and that's only going to continue to be as the gen goes on. Multiplat games will always be better on the PS4.

Devs have two choices on the X1
1. Either make the game run at 1080p with a cut to features or performance
2. Make the game run at a lower res and keep the same performance and features as the PS4.

It's clear devs are choosing option 2 right now. This current gen devs tended to chose option 1 for some multiplats on the PS3. At least the PS3 had the fortune of actually being more powerful hardware yet harder to program for. The X1 doesn't have that.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#37BilliePilgrimPosted 11/4/2013 1:38:38 AM
VanderZoo posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
If you are buying consoles for the graphics, you are doing it wrong.

/topic

I buy consoles for graphics because they actually get unique games to show it off. Unlike PC's which just rely on multiplatform games with slightly higher settings.

What's the point in getting a PC for graphics when the best looking games (infamous, the order, mgs v, ffxv etc) aren't coming out for it?

I almost replied.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://tinyurl.com/bsdvav7
#38Pixx0Posted 11/4/2013 3:24:09 AM
uptown710 posted...
TreGooda posted...
uptown710 posted...
Maybe some people prefer the ease of use a console has..?

So the features of a console being a plus for some people is a good reason to sacrifice on other things?

Got it.

Whoosh, went over your head...

People play consoles because they like to play games with as little obstruction as possible. Not having to know what folder what file went were, or why isn't my gfx card supported, etc. Take a guy who's never played a PC game in his life and tell him to install skyrim with mods and you'll see a man confused.

Just because they can't work a PC doesn't mean they shouldn't get the best console experience possible...

nicely put to embarrass yourself... and terribly flawed analogy.
Installing and playing a game like Skyrim is a matter of clicks and barely needs anything special. Any PC comes with already installed drivers for a GC.
As for mods, it's interesting you bring that up because you see, complicated or not, that's something, a big plus, consoles can't do at all. I'd rather spend some time learning how to do something (actually I bought a gaming pc for mods, when I was playing oblivion on my 360), and learn something (yes learn, something gamers are too lazy to do these days) rather than sit and have half the experience of a game.

end of lesson
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#39Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 4:40:17 AM
Pixx0 posted...
uptown710 posted...
TreGooda posted...
uptown710 posted...
Maybe some people prefer the ease of use a console has..?

So the features of a console being a plus for some people is a good reason to sacrifice on other things?

Got it.

Whoosh, went over your head...

People play consoles because they like to play games with as little obstruction as possible. Not having to know what folder what file went were, or why isn't my gfx card supported, etc. Take a guy who's never played a PC game in his life and tell him to install skyrim with mods and you'll see a man confused.

Just because they can't work a PC doesn't mean they shouldn't get the best console experience possible...

nicely put to embarrass yourself... and terribly flawed analogy.
Installing and playing a game like Skyrim is a matter of clicks and barely needs anything special. Any PC comes with already installed drivers for a GC.
As for mods, it's interesting you bring that up because you see, complicated or not, that's something, a big plus, consoles can't do at all. I'd rather spend some time learning how to do something (actually I bought a gaming pc for mods, when I was playing oblivion on my 360), and learn something (yes learn, something gamers are too lazy to do these days) rather than sit and have half the experience of a game.

end of lesson

It IS 2013, majority of gamers in the western world are being taught how to use computers, as technology has progressed, computers are being used more and more. Children are using iPads and mini laptops in schools, high school kids are using laptops, desktops, phones, iPads, etc as well. It's safe to say someone could easily install a game like Skyrim if they have computer to run it properly and learning how to install mods will become second nature as you use your computer more and more and learn how to use google search function.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4665-5845
Time to catch em' all!
#40DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/4/2013 5:42:00 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...

Well the obvious reason to get a console instead of a PC is that you don't have to deal with PC bulls*** like drivers, upgrades, software compatibility, hardware compatibility, viruses, DRM (as much), video settings, etc. etc. etc. Consoles are still relatively plug'n'play compared to a PC, though the gap is steadily being closed.

Except this topic is about graphics. Also those issues are hugely exaggerated now. Steam downloads patches and so on pretty automatically. Compatibility issues are rare, DRM still provides problems, viruses is something you have to handle no matter what computer you have and thats easy to handle and settings options is a positive, not a negative.

No it isn't plug and play but right now, PS4 isn't really plug and play either. They will most likely require fairly long mandatory installs, have things like day one patches and requires a bunch of subscriptions, downloads and services just to do basic functions. For PC, you have a little initial hassle for a lot of gain...

You're only going to get a PC stronger than a PS4 by buying the parts yourself and putting them together yourself... something not everyone is willing/able to do.

It takes about an hour to build a PC, much shorter than how long many people plan to stand in line for the console.

It requires an intimate knowledge of PC hardware that not everyone possesses. Compared to simply buying a PS4 that is guaranteed to play 90% of games going forward without question and without effort on your end? Yyyyeah...

Intimate knowledge? The parts you need are listed for you all over the internet and people will tell you if you ask. How complicated do you think this is? You want a game on Steam? Click the BUY button and watch as it downloads... This isn't rocket science...

Not everybody wants to or can deal with all that crap. The only people who will do that are already PC gamers, who prefer PC anyway...

Actually, a lot of people are moving towards PC gaming and its all about price. PS4 and consoles in recent years have not been offering much in terms of price advantages. Steam also really went a long way in streamlining the gaming experiencing as well as the biggest attraction, Steam sales...

Actually it's like comparing a new car with an old car. The old car runs just as good, if not better with regular maintenance despite a few issues, but the new car you can drive off the lot and not worry about anything but standard checkups for several years. Pick your poison, really.

Uh... YLOD? DRE? PSX DRE? Playstation has made three unreliable consoles. YLOD imo was the scariest too because many people lost all their game saves and records when it choked. Low end PC parts however have extremely low failure rates. PC requires barely any maintence at all and everyone uses one so I have no idea why you act like no one even knows how they work or something.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H