Will textures be better in every XB1 game....

#11MetroidFan9999Posted 11/4/2013 2:29:53 PM
Where are these "better textures"? All I see is the "out of whack" contrast and increased sharpness of the entire picture, the textures are actually the same in detail.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#12MmaguyPosted 11/4/2013 2:30:45 PM
Not sure about the textures, but the resolution will more than likely increase to 1080p on games like CoD.

I asked if Xbox One would achieve 1080p with the next instalment in the series. "Very possibly. We put new technology into this game before we even had the consoles. So we had no idea how well that technology was going to work on the consoles. Now that we are finally getting the consoles we can start optimising those features better. So I imagine... for an example, if you look at Call of Duty 2 over Call of Duty 4, which was our next game, itís a significant improvement.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/04/why-is-call-of-duty-ghosts-is-720p-on-xbox-one-and-1080p-on-playstation
#13Ramsus082Posted 11/4/2013 2:33:30 PM
Some people actually think the textures look a little bit nicer maybe on Xbox than they do on PS4."

Yup. He doesn't mind X1 fans thinking their version has better textures because it makes them docile and less prone to fits over the resolution fiasco. In reality, it doesn't have better textures, but you know.....gotta wave the green flag around. When every single gaming publication says that the PS4 version looks and plays better, when does some one start questioning themselves instead of....every single gaming publication?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#14Ramsus082Posted 11/4/2013 2:35:16 PM
But yeah, X1 will definitely have better textures than the X360 version, TC.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#15Ch3wyPosted 11/4/2013 2:35:31 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Some people actually think the textures look a little bit nicer maybe on Xbox than they do on PS4."

Yup. He doesn't mind X1 fans thinking their version has better textures because it makes them docile and less prone to fits over the resolution fiasco. In reality, it doesn't have better textures, but you know.....gotta wave the green flag around. When every single gaming publication says that the PS4 version looks and plays better, when does some one start questioning themselves instead of....every single gaming publication?

I really don't see why you would need a gaming publication to tell you which look better. Screenshots have been released.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#16jairusmonillasPosted 11/4/2013 3:08:47 PM(edited)
Xbox One GPU:

768 GCN shader cores with 853MHz
48 TMUs
16 ROPs
1.31 TFLOPS
40.9 GTex/s
13.6 GPix/s
8GB DDR3 with 68GB/s + eSRAM voodoo
2 compute command processors
something between 2 and 16 parallel compute queues
GPU cache bypass: no

PS4 GPU:

1152 GCN shader cores with 800MHz
72 TMUs
32 ROPs
1.84 TFLOPS
57.6 GTex/s
25.6 GPix/s
8GB GDDR5 with 176GB/s
8 compute command processors
64 parallel compute queues
GPU cache bypass: yes

You say?
---
All of you, want to be loved... needed by someone, so we look to others... By ourselves, we are lonely, so we try to draw together to live
- Elly [ Xenogears ]
#17Satchmo25Posted 11/4/2013 3:15:24 PM
With all the devs saying the power and ability in the two consoles are so close I doubt the X1 will ALWAYS have better textures. We're probably going to see a tradeoff between PS4 in one game and X1 in another with a 50/50 split in who gets the better looking/smoother running version.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#18method115Posted 11/4/2013 3:21:50 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
With all the devs saying the power and ability in the two consoles are so close I doubt the X1 will ALWAYS have better textures. We're probably going to see a tradeoff between PS4 in one game and X1 in another with a 50/50 split in who gets the better looking/smoother running version.

http://www.inquisitr.com/940834/playstation-4-more-powerful-than-xbox-one-says-developer/

These developers would like a word with you.
#19Satchmo25Posted 11/4/2013 3:35:41 PM
method115 posted...
Satchmo25 posted...

http://www.inquisitr.com/940834/playstation-4-more-powerful-than-xbox-one-says-developer/

These developers would like a word with you.

hmmm, interesting article. First they said the PS3 was the console that lasted as long as we owned it (lol) and then they said games make the console which is why 360 had better games, stated as fact, not opinion. Still I wouldn't take their word as dogma, more like with a humungous grain of salt, X1 clearly has the better games now and I'll take the word of current devs over the word of a former dev any day.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#20HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/4/2013 3:37:27 PM
"Some people actually think the textures look a little bit nicer maybe on Xbox than they do on PS4."

Skyrim 2 Xbone version must get confirmed.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg