Will you buy X1 ASAP or wait it out??

#1AxelPoePosted 11/3/2013 5:08:03 PM
Will you buy the X1 as soon as possible or wait for some time? - Results (150 votes)
Getting it ASAP!
51.33% (77 votes)
I'm giving it some time.
48.67% (73 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Will you be getting the X1 soon as your able?

or

Will you wait and see if there are bugs and/or any other errors need fixing?
---
[{o}] Hope Never Dies [{o}]
GT: Axel Poe / FC: 4098-3159-4611 / ACNL DA: 5700-3072-8079
#2jastenPosted 11/3/2013 5:10:04 PM
Waiting for the kinectless skew... if cheaper. If the One had been announced at 400 without the kinect, I'd probably have shrugged and tried to trust MS not to screw me over in the long run.. which granted, looks stupid with how MS runs their whole business and not jsut their gaming division.

But you add a forced peripheral and throwing away 100 dollars on top of the PR fiasco... yeah, wait and see.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#3AxelPoe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 5:16:09 PM
Last I heard you no longer need to connect the Kinect... but... I know you just want to save that $100 too.

Did they ever say the possibility of a Kinect-less X1 in the future or is that just a hope you/we have?
---
#4jellybeanmasterPosted 11/3/2013 5:26:48 PM
Cant stand having one and not the other. Saving up and buying both simultaneously like a boss
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#5hiplockPosted 11/3/2013 5:32:51 PM
I'm another one who is anti-Kinect. I was hoping they would at least try to sell me on it. Sell me on it being worth at least an extra $100. The convenience of "Xbox on" doesn't really cut it. Show me how it enhances gameplay. Until I see something, I kind of have to wait for a Kinect-less version. I bought into Kinect and Move improving gameplay this last gen. For next gen, they'll have to prove it first.
#6jastenPosted 11/3/2013 5:36:59 PM
AxelPoe posted...
Last I heard you no longer need to connect the Kinect... but... I know you just want to save that $100 too.

Did they ever say the possibility of a Kinect-less X1 in the future or is that just a hope you/we have?

Educated guess... though I wouldn't be exactly surprised if we don't get one either.This is the same MS that didn't listen to its consumers with both Windows 8 or MSN to Skype... so I try to temper any hopes.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#7lax_plyrPosted 11/3/2013 5:50:48 PM
hiplock posted...
I'm another one who is anti-Kinect. I was hoping they would at least try to sell me on it. Sell me on it being worth at least an extra $100. The convenience of "Xbox on" doesn't really cut it. Show me how it enhances gameplay. Until I see something, I kind of have to wait for a Kinect-less version. I bought into Kinect and Move improving gameplay this last gen. For next gen, they'll have to prove it first.

I know that in Battlefield 4 you can use your Kinect to track your head to make peeking and leaning done with your body instead of your controller. If it works well it would make for some really cool gameplay, especially in CQC situations. Instead of having to expose your whole body to see down a corridor you can just move your head and only reveal part of yourself.

Or it could turn out horrible and not recognize movements right, we'll see. So far I haven't been able to track down any video of it
#8AxelPoe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 1:29:35 AM
I never liked the idea of the "you're the controller" gimmick.
Those things hardly ever know exactly what you really are trying to do.
Also, when I get home from work and want to play a game...
I just want to sit back and play...
Not look like some idiot flapping my arms and jumping through hoops just to play a game.
---
#9NejiHyuga900Posted 11/5/2013 9:10:30 PM
I'm going to wait until the start of the 9th generation of video games. I waited to get the PS3 after 7th gen since I didn't trust it during its time (but now I do). Right now, I don't trust Xbox One but during the end of this generation will determine if I should an Xbox One or omit it (unless if my cousin gets it for us early).

What made me not trust Xbox One was all of the changes. I have a bad feeling that Microsoft might put DRM and other restrictions back on it in the future so I am just going to wait out.
---
Xbox/Windows Gamertag & NNID: TDPNeji | Steam ID & PSN: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#10Team_NinjaPosted 11/5/2013 9:17:24 PM
AxelPoe posted...
I never liked the idea of the "you're the controller" gimmick.
Those things hardly ever know exactly what you really are trying to do.
Also, when I get home from work and want to play a game...
I just want to sit back and play...
Not look like some idiot flapping my arms and jumping through hoops just to play a game.

Well, the thing about these motion sensor things (Wii, kinect, move) is that they're great for parties with lots of people. That's about it........