Torn between Xbox and ps4. Getting stressed.

#11Bigdaddy422Posted 11/3/2013 7:23:58 PM
Get the one with the games you like.

Hands down Xbox One has the better games at launch and the next 1/2 year to year.
It has an exclusive in practically every field within the first 6 months.

Ryse - 3d person action. DR3 third person action adventure / open world gore fest. Crimson Dragon - Rpg kinect. Forza- racing.
KI - fighter. Zoo Tycoon - Simulation. TitanFall- FPS. PVZ Garden warfare - TPS.

I am a pure PS3 user this gen, my xbox 360 was used for minecraft and State of Decay practically. I reserved a PS4 the first day it was available and I was disappointed after each games conference ended without any addition of launch titles.

After Xbox One reversed its policies, I decided to scramble and reserve it instead. I dont regret it. In a year or two I will buy a PS4 for 250-300$. A cheap choice without missing anything really.
#12anonmanPosted 11/3/2013 7:26:33 PM
what bessy67 & Jx1010 said.
#13Bigdaddy422Posted 11/3/2013 7:27:08 PM
69bladez posted...
I love all systems but can only get one, and only one for the entire gen. I love Killer Instinct and the idea of kinect. Worried about kinect not getting used properly and the 720p/ power issue.
Ps4 just seems boring, just more power. I dunno....

The kinect is already being used pretty well and will continue to innovate since it is not an addon but included with every system. Head tracking, facial recognition, body scanning, zombies hearing you, and voice commands.

KI is also a main selling point for me as i have great childhood memories of that game and it looks awesome.
#14PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/3/2013 8:21:37 PM
sworder posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
chrish909 posted...
Why would you get a ps4? Do you want to play killzone? Is that even possible?

...you never stop do you?

eternally butthurt

The question is, why though? Something traumatic must have happened to him that involved Sony. I guess we should feel bad for him. = (
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#15DoukouPosted 11/3/2013 8:22:54 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
sworder posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
chrish909 posted...
Why would you get a ps4? Do you want to play killzone? Is that even possible?

...you never stop do you?

eternally butthurt

The question is, why though? Something traumatic must have happened to him that involved Sony. I guess we should feel bad for him. = (

Kevin Butler touched him
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#16MetroidFan9999Posted 11/3/2013 8:30:17 PM
Best games will be multiplatform...get the system that will play those the best.

PS4 obviously.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#17DrakkardnoirPosted 11/3/2013 8:39:55 PM
ps4
#18MajorPoopStormPosted 11/3/2013 8:41:58 PM
PS4
---
"You're talking to my PS4 console all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with your kinect."
Kazuo Hirai
#19TMOGPosted 11/3/2013 8:43:00 PM
PS4 is cheaper, more powerful, doesn't have Kinect, and according to people who've used both, has the better and more comfortable controller.

And if you look at the current gen as an example, and even the gen before, Playstation always gets stronger and more varied exclusives than Xbox does... unless you're a really obsessive fan of Halo and Fable, I guess.

Yes, the Xbox One has better launch titles, but that's incredibly short-term for choosing a console for the entire generation. Think long-term and buy PS4.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#20RaukuePosted 11/3/2013 8:58:00 PM
So you are saying the image that MS has created for Xbox looks more appealing and fun? Well they are masters of marketing.

To admit though, yes, MS does seem to make things look more flashy and fun than they really are. Hell I only play on my PS3 and prefer PS3, but that rare time I plug in my 360 to play a game I only have on there... even I find the image they put on, more appealing than PS3's. And I can see how others see Sony and PS3 as dull.

Sony are not good at marketing, to why lesser advertising compared to MS and well Sony lacks getting that kind of image and vibe that Xbox has pulled off to pull people in. People see flashing lights and music and green and images more appealing than something that just seems black and blue and does not have a solid image. I dunno.

Just how it feels. It's a shame that Sony are not the marketing genius's that MS are with all that. But MS knows how to appeal to the lowest common denominator or well... appeal to people who have no idea about technology or whatever is being advertised. MS knows how to get them excited for things like that. Just they know the minds of the average consumer and that was their hopes with Xbox One. Grab those same people who don't read up online about anything about games or whatever is going on. They just see a pretty ad and want it.

Gotta ask yourself, is it just the Xbox image that makes it seem more exciting and Sony's lack of image and appeal? Both consoles will come out with most of the same games just like this gen.. so think about it. I guess unless Halo appeals to you that much and none of the Sony exclusives of this current gen... well just shows your taste in games.. or does it? Could it just be the Sony image that makes the games not seem as fun?

http://www.destructoid.com/facts-about-game-consumers-i-learned-working-retail-261220.phtml

Thought about providing that link to give a better idea of the average consumer. Unaware of game reviews or anything like that.
---
I enjoy open world/sandbox games.