Are Fanboys destroying what Xbox One................... could have been?

#31ArkonBladePosted 11/5/2013 12:20:46 AM
TreGooda posted...
Definitely serious. Lots of people share my opinion. It's no big deal, the gaming community wasn't ready yet. They will be next gen.

what MS was trying to do wouldn't have worked because no one would have trusted them for it to work.

Look at Steam it is a huge hit because they have sales every day and update with a bunch of games every Monday, have weekend sales , HUGE holiday sales. I mean you can clean up on games on steam. I can get a $20 steam card buy 3-6 great games on sale on steam with that.

MS is going to start doing STeam like sales with the Xbone all of a sudden??? HA!

Why are they not doing them now? hell why haven't they been doing them for the last few years? There is no reason MS couldn't have been doing huge steam like sales on the 360.

Maybe if they had done that people would have been a bit more trusting that they would have followed through with steam like sales but every time they were ased about it , they just dodged the question and didn't say yeah we were going to have steam like sales till after they killed the DRM and no used game deal.

what a bunch of BS.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#32EoinPosted 11/5/2013 2:00:17 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
MS ignored over a year's worth of "we hate always-online" internet rhetoric based on rumors. They ignored the Twitter backlash Adam Orth sustained. These things were basically a free market survey, were ignored, and MS got stomped half to death by an angry mob.

It really is strange. They must have thought that the reaction to the rumours and Adam Orth's ultra-stupidity was every corporation's favourite imaginary construct: the "vocal minority", with the baseless assumption that the "silent majority" didn't think exactly the same thing. It really didn't help that every single public event or interview, they said something subtly different, with Microsoft executives contradicting other Microsoft executives and sometimes even contradicting themselves.

When the rumours were met with pure disgust, they should have locked themselves in a room for a week, discussed how to remove their stupid DRM nonsense without ever confirming that it existed at all, gotten their stories straight, and pushed out the news that no such DRM would exist. The damage they took from letting the rumours fester, then confirming that everyone's worst fears were true, then sticking with the ignorant, arrogant, stupid misconception that they were a good idea while the world hated/laughed at/shunned them....that has harmed Microsoft for years, regardless of the backtracking.
#33GotTruthPosted 11/5/2013 2:30:57 AM
TreGooda posted...
Definitely serious. Lots of people share my opinion. It's no big deal, the gaming community wasn't ready yet. They will be next gen.

I bet your the kind of guy that blames the victim when they are raped. Cause you sound like it.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#34CyborgTwentyPosted 11/5/2013 3:56:10 AM
TreGooda posted...
The system was better before they changed the policies.

Lol
#35SythisTaruPosted 11/5/2013 3:57:33 AM
lastrocker posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...
MS ignored over a year's worth of "we hate always-online" internet rhetoric based on rumors. They ignored the Twitter backlash Adam Orth sustained. These things were basically a free market survey, were ignored, and MS got stomped half to death by an angry mob.

this is what i find so hilarious. as the industry gets bigger, more and more of these 'corporate suit' types are involving themselves, and this has to be one of the biggest corporate PR failures i can think of. complete lack of any kind of insight or general understanding. just a complete failure! ...and these people come off soo arrogant all the time. like "dealwithit" or the majornelson/angryjoe inerview. even the 180 didn't seem remorseful (didn't they take away some things like 'family-sharing,' almost seemingly resentfully?) im almost in shock of the whole thing. i hate it. really hope the industry in general can get itself together. at a certain level there seems to be absolutely no heart in anything they do.

They thought gamers would be a little more concerned with devs. It's the same thing with all the anti-SOPA people. PIrates/parasites.
#36SythisTaruPosted 11/5/2013 3:58:23 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
TreGooda posted...
The system was better before they changed the policies.

Lol

It was MUCH better.
#37GotTruthPosted 11/5/2013 5:19:10 AM
SythisTaru posted...
lastrocker posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...

this is what i find so hilarious. as the industry gets bigger, more and more of these 'corporate suit' types are involving themselves, and this has to be one of the biggest corporate PR failures i can think of. complete lack of any kind of insight or general understanding. just a complete failure! ...and these people come off soo arrogant all the time. like "dealwithit" or the majornelson/angryjoe inerview. even the 180 didn't seem remorseful (didn't they take away some things like 'family-sharing,' almost seemingly resentfully?) im almost in shock of the whole thing. i hate it. really hope the industry in general can get itself together. at a certain level there seems to be absolutely no heart in anything they do.

They thought gamers would be a little more concerned with devs. It's the same thing with all the anti-SOPA people. PIrates/parasites.

Wow...... I bet your one those mental midgets who spout Anti-American garbage like "If your not doing anything wrong/illegal, then you should have nothing to worry about." with zero education as to what the 4th Amendment Protections even are with out "Googling" it......

I imagine your wardrobe is full of Matching Black Boots and crisp brown button up shirts.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n