why do you want the xbox to fail?

#111Mr_Fury32Posted 11/4/2013 12:19:28 PM
i dont really WANT it to fail, more like do really baddly for a while. the reason?

i want MicroShaft to learn several things:

1) you do NOT dictate what your customers, and by that i mean forcing gimmicks upon them. kinect is a gimmick, while i see nothing wrong with it for familly users, real gamers wont EVER go for it, its too alien to be a replacement for the traditional control pad.

2) the differance between making money and ripping your customers right off, mainly about the online service here. games for gold is TERRIBLE value for money versus its rival, also hiding EVERYTHING behind a paywall that is FREE on every other device there is.

3) inconsistant dessicion making, the whole DRM thing asside, the fact they even THOUGHT they could tell us "no leanding games, or pre-owned games" is a big slap in the face, you CAN _NOT_ tell people what do with something they paid for.

long and short, i want them fail enough to learn their mistakes and improve the online service so it actually becomes worth paying for.

and the argument that sony and PS+'s "free" games arent free is invalid, BOTH next gen consoles REQUIRE payment to play online, meaning those "Rentals" are a FREE bonus for paying the fee, microshaft better come up with something good to compete with it, and fast.
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#112HowardTheMizerPosted 11/4/2013 12:22:25 PM
Some men just want to see the world burn.
---
Not changing until Jaguars win their division - 3/22/2006
3DS FC: 2380 - 3306 - 9208
#113CrazyFool319Posted 11/4/2013 12:24:37 PM
I dont get the uproar still. I almost understood it when the original policies were in place(i for one thought those were mostly good policies except 24 hour check in was too much) but now with all the policies gone it doesnt really make sense why someone would want it to tank. Do you people have any idea how bad the PS5 would be if there was no xbox to contend with it.
---
SEAHAWKS
#114jc349Posted 11/4/2013 12:27:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#115Trigger99XPosted 11/4/2013 12:27:32 PM
I don't
#116King_YellowmanPosted 11/4/2013 12:27:49 PM
CrazyFool319 posted...
I dont get the uproar still. I almost understood it when the original policies were in place(i for one thought those were mostly good policies except 24 hour check in was too much) but now with all the policies gone it doesnt really make sense why someone would want it to tank. Do you people have any idea how bad the PS5 would be if there was no xbox to contend with it.

still have nintendo
---
I have been Awarded the 3rd Anticitizen stamp of approval.
PSN - TheLionofJudah
#117batromanPosted 11/4/2013 12:28:31 PM
1nternationa7 posted...
If it does fail, my faith in consumerism shall be restored. The natural order of consumerism dictates that products of high quality and low price deserve to succeed in the market. This Xbox One has neither quality or competitive pricing.

Therefore, the gods of consumerism should come down and smite this product down for its hubris and let its mangled corpse be a reminder to those who would be foolish enough to try such blasphemy again!

LOL I could not help myself to picture this in my head. . .like some sort of skyrim tale with random looking gods coming out of no-where to smite the console into pieces XD....it made me laugh!
---
I hope you like my web site http://dvmphotoart.com
PS Vita - macabrocastle - 3ds - 1564 3285 0551
#118blas4ublasphemyPosted 11/4/2013 12:30:24 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
It'll put a good slap on some faces, like what the PS3 did to Sony. Don't become cocky bastards.

This guy hit it on the head. I really like how the community as a whole will band together and financially punish that sort of behavior. I bought my PS3 used and will do the same with XBone because it's fun to watch them squirm and I want to give them as little as possible.
#119BrokenChaos666Posted 11/4/2013 12:37:17 PM
I want it to fail so that MS learns their lesson, hopefully. I, for one, don't want it to be perfectly okay to screw consumers over with their policies at the time of the reveal. I also don't think it's okay to pay more for inferior hardware. And Xbox should be a gaming console. MS can take the media box part to another section of their company.

I know it will probably succeed in North America, since that is who they care about most. But I honestly see it failing everywhere else. :) Hopefully MS then learns their lesson and smartens up or leaves the scene and we can go back to Sony and Nintendo.
---
3DS FC: 0748-1461-3958
Pokemon Y Safari: Ice! PM if you'd like me to add you. :)
#120batromanPosted 11/4/2013 12:55:51 PM
THIS.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWHbgwUJ1R8
---
I hope you like my web site http://dvmphotoart.com
PS Vita - macabrocastle - 3ds - 1564 3285 0551