why do you want the xbox to fail?

#31eternalblue02Posted 11/4/2013 4:42:44 AM
I don't want the system to fail per-say. I want MS to fail, lose money and get a nice big dose of loyal fan displeasure with a swift kick in the rear.
#32llsamuraillPosted 11/4/2013 4:44:10 AM
True_FoeHammer posted...
1nternationa7 posted...
If it does fail, my faith in consumerism shall be restored. The natural order of consumerism dictates that products of high quality and low price deserve to succeed in the market. This Xbox One has neither quality or competitive pricing.

Therefore, the gods of consumerism should come down and smite this product down for its hubris and let its mangled corpse be a reminder to those who would be foolish enough to try such blasphemy again!

Basically

Microsoft intentionally tried to **** us over to squeeze more money out of us, instead of making a superior product that earned my purchase. Only after several weeks of universal backlash did Microsoft reverse their anti-consumer policies. Now, they have a weak console that is more expensive than the competition and has no 5 or 10 year plan, since all of those things were reversed.

Why do people not understand that it is rumored that Sony had the same intention to implement DRM,but after the backlash also changed there mind. If Sony went first at E3 people would be anti Sony if M$ did not follow their lead. The fact is that if Sony followed M$ lead,DRM would be on both at launch. We will probably never know for sure, but I believe this to be true. Both companies are in this to make money, not to make the gamer happy . Sony was fortunate to go second at E3, as it pissed off alot of loyal M$ fans they switched over to PS4 due to the DRM news.
Which will give Sony a huge lead with hardware sales out of the gate.
---
Launch PS4, Xbox 1 soon after
#33GotTruthPosted 11/4/2013 4:57:12 AM
llsamuraill posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
1nternationa7 posted...
If it does fail, my faith in consumerism shall be restored. The natural order of consumerism dictates that products of high quality and low price deserve to succeed in the market. This Xbox One has neither quality or competitive pricing.

Therefore, the gods of consumerism should come down and smite this product down for its hubris and let its mangled corpse be a reminder to those who would be foolish enough to try such blasphemy again!

Basically

Microsoft intentionally tried to **** us over to squeeze more money out of us, instead of making a superior product that earned my purchase. Only after several weeks of universal backlash did Microsoft reverse their anti-consumer policies. Now, they have a weak console that is more expensive than the competition and has no 5 or 10 year plan, since all of those things were reversed.

Why do people not understand that it is rumored that Sony had the same intention to implement DRM,but after the backlash also changed there mind. If Sony went first at E3 people would be anti Sony if M$ did not follow their lead. The fact is that if Sony followed M$ lead,DRM would be on both at launch. We will probably never know for sure, but I believe this to be true. Both companies are in this to make money, not to make the gamer happy . Sony was fortunate to go second at E3, as it pissed off alot of loyal M$ fans they switched over to PS4 due to the DRM news.

THey deserve to have a HUGE lead if they are not going with the anti console consumer DRM.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#34DEMONPANDA212Posted 11/4/2013 5:02:23 AM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
i mean seriously, if you're not interested then don't buy it but what benefit does it have to anybody if it doesnt succeed?

When free to play took off, it hurt the core.

When the Wii took off, it hurt the core.

The X1 will hurt the core.
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#35True_FoeHammerPosted 11/4/2013 5:02:49 AM
llsamuraill posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
1nternationa7 posted...

Basically

Rumored, not proven. In fact, no evidence whatsoever of Sony going with the same DRM policies Microsoft once had. Adam Orth was a Microsoft employee when #dealwithit happened. Then there were many sources that said Microsoft was going forward with that crap. Then after the reveal in May, it leaked out through executive incompetence that *something* was going on, whether an always-online or internet mandatory system was being planned.

I'd love to see a valid source of Sony trying to pull off that same bull****. Prove me wrong.
#36RickystilwellPosted 11/4/2013 5:08:42 AM
I highly doubt the system would even fail. No system has even been a true commercial failure since maybe the XaviXPORT or Gizmondo.
#37melbye80Posted 11/4/2013 5:15:52 AM
RROD absolutely pissed me off. I think MS was disrespecting the consumers
#38drclaeysPosted 11/4/2013 5:29:01 AM
Friends,

I dont. We need 2 major competitors. Both with different focuses.

They might start rocky, but they should make up ground if they bring the games.

Thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Got a Xbox a few days ago, Now playing: Tales of Vesperia. . . . . . . . . US Economy lost 24 Billion, Blame the Republicans.
#39EliteGuard99Posted 11/4/2013 5:37:11 AM
llsamuraill posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
1nternationa7 posted...

Basically

You are aware that all the negative features about the Xbone (DMR, and such) were revealed to the press WEEKS BEFORE e3 right?
---
Halo 4 was the best Call of Duty - gunsndroses
Halo 5: even more CoD Edition coming to Xbone!
#40Infini22Posted 11/4/2013 5:50:07 AM
I don't want any console/company to fail. That's simply because I want more quality gaming gear and games to choose from, buy and enjoy.