MS were stupid paying for Titanfall

#1quickposterPosted 11/4/2013 1:07:41 AM
The pre-orders are TERRIBLE. People see it as a shooter by the MW guys and think it will set the world on fire but pay attention and even on 360 there is little interest in this flop. This is supposed to be one of the biggest IPs of next gen? Its picked the console with far less interest and the only thing it has to defend itself is the "power of the cloud" whatever that means. This console will not have the online community PS4 will.

This is obviously set to be the biggest flop of 2014. Titanfall must mean EA is the titan and their fall is nigh.

Power of the cloud. LOL what is this line of PR BS? What the heck have servers got to do with this not being able to run on PS4 or anything?

Does power of the cloud mean anything to you or anyone else? Does anybody care? What on earth has it got to do with anything? It sounds like the kind of PR defense Sony came out with in 2007 to justify their failure.

Power of the cloud? LOL WHAT?
#2Jedi454Posted 11/4/2013 1:09:49 AM
We barely know anything about the game and it's not out until March next year, you'd be crazy to base your judgement on how well the game will do, based on preorders now. I'll be preordering it when it's closer to the release date and I know a lot more people will.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4665-5845
Time to catch em' all!
#3IminyourclosetPosted 11/4/2013 1:11:49 AM
What do you think's going to be the flop of 2013?

Ryse?
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#4BENGALSFAN81Posted 11/4/2013 1:16:06 AM
Judging this early, is like judging off of a teaser trailer. Just plain ignorant. Titanfall will do fine.
---
You my hero are a zero
#5quickposter(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 1:21:18 AM
Jedi454 posted...
We barely know anything about the game and it's not out until March next year, you'd be crazy to base your judgement on how well the game will do, based on preorders now. I'll be preordering it when it's closer to the release date and I know a lot more people will.

Assuming it doesn't get delayed. If you checked the PS4 boards people said they were surprised by how lacking the interest in Titanfall was. Even on 360 and PC the interest seems low.
#6Psychosis1001Posted 11/4/2013 1:22:25 AM
Don't insult my 720p goodness :(
---
Official voice of the Xbox One cheerleader brigade. Will shamelessly lie, cheat and retreat in service of the One.
#7Jedi454Posted 11/4/2013 1:23:39 AM
quickposter posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Assuming it doesn't get delayed. If you checked the PS4 boards people said they were surprised by how lacking the interest in Titanfall was. Even on 360 and PC the interest seems low.

Of course they're lacking interest, because the Ps4 people aren't getting the game. That's like me saying i'm pumped for Killzone, even though i'm buying an Xbox one. Titanfall will sell on 360 and PC, but they're mainly targeting it for the Xbox One audience.
---
3DS FC: 2294-4665-5845
Time to catch em' all!
#8tokenblackguy23Posted 11/4/2013 1:26:40 AM
No they were smart for paying for Titanfall but after that whats on the Horizon exclusive to Xbox One? They better get to buying more IP's
---
Arsenal!!!!!
#9Cowboy082288Posted 11/4/2013 1:35:52 AM
quickposter posted...
The pre-orders are TERRIBLE. People see it as a shooter by the MW guys and think it will set the world on fire but pay attention and even on 360 there is little interest in this flop. This is supposed to be one of the biggest IPs of next gen? Its picked the console with far less interest and the only thing it has to defend itself is the "power of the cloud" whatever that means. This console will not have the online community PS4 will.

This is obviously set to be the biggest flop of 2014. Titanfall must mean EA is the titan and their fall is nigh.

Power of the cloud. LOL what is this line of PR BS? What the heck have servers got to do with this not being able to run on PS4 or anything?

Does power of the cloud mean anything to you or anyone else? Does anybody care? What on earth has it got to do with anything? It sounds like the kind of PR defense Sony came out with in 2007 to justify their failure.

Power of the cloud? LOL WHAT?

.... well only people being intentionally antagonistic are using the phrase 'Power of the cloud' but if you actually want to learn what cloud services are and how they can and do currently apply to video games here is some links for you. Google already has a cloud based service supporting mobile gaming, MS is bring one in to support their console:

http://developer.android.com/distribute/googleplay/spotlight/games.html

http://developer.android.com/training/building-connectivity.html

https://cloud.google.com/support/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiw2XUGa3U8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPfvnfnFuBs

Or look up a game called bot-colony and what they are doing with back end computing. Very interesting stuff.

Or be one of these tards on GF boards who lives in ignorance about any technology beyond hardware spec snap shots of video game consoles.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#10SythisTaruPosted 11/4/2013 1:38:26 AM(edited)
quickposter posted...
Jedi454 posted...

You do realize it won pretty much every E3 gameplay award. I'm sure those were paid off though, right?