I think what bothers people the most about the Xbox One is the idea..

#1tokenblackguy23Posted 11/4/2013 2:28:51 AM
That you are paying more for a weaker product. When you go car shopping you do not expect to pay more for a weaker vehicle. So I think thats why the entire resolution issue is such a problem, because if people really cared they would just get a PC.
---
Arsenal!!!!!
#21nternationa7Posted 11/4/2013 2:40:11 AM
People do pay more for antique cars even though they run much slower than their modern counterparts. I suppose the nostalgia factor may kick in for the XBox One too! It looks like an ancient VCR and probably runs as fast as one!
---
Pokemon Y Safari Code: 5172-1018-8947
Dragon Safari (Goodra, Salamence, Haxorus Line) Send me a PM!
#3TrueSephir0thPosted 11/4/2013 2:42:50 AM
I am personally bothered most by the fact that gaming is no longer a central focus
Its advertising and generating as much revenue as possible in order to...gain more revenue

And your point is a close second
---
GT- Flying Abstract
i boost achievements, hit me up!
#4GotTruthPosted 11/4/2013 2:54:49 AM
TrueSephir0th posted...
I am personally bothered most by the fact that gaming is no longer a central focus
Its advertising and generating as much revenue as possible in order to...gain more revenue

And your point is a close second

^ this. And PRISM. And Mandatory Kinect( a unit that is not prepared to be a game controller, just a menu controller).
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#5MmaguyPosted 11/4/2013 2:55:31 AM
You aren't paying more for a weaker product, you're paying more for Kinect. They could sell the Xbox One for the same price as the PS4 without it. The question is - is the Kinect worth the extra money to you? Are the games good enough to make you want to pay that extra cash over the PS4?

Also, people shouldn't be "bothered" by a product they have no interest in buying. MS is offering a product, a package, and inside the package is a console, a controller, and Kinect. They are selling it as a whole for $500. Do you want to buy it? Yes or No? No? Okay, cool, go buy something else, why bother the people who do want to buy it?

Let's say you liked Burger King over McDonald because Burger King gives you slightly larger cup sizes and thicker fries for a lower price, would you run over to your local McDonald joint, interrupt everyone while they are eating and tell everyone inside that they are delusional for buying slightly smaller drink cups and thinner fries for a higher price? Or would you use your brain and realize that it's not about the price, it's not about the size, it's about the TASTE, the PREFERENCE, who likes what and why, and let them enjoy their food?

There should be psychological studies done on people who act like that to figure out exactly what's wrong with them.
#6GotTruthPosted 11/4/2013 2:59:39 AM
Mmaguy posted...
You aren't paying more for a weaker product, you're paying more for Kinect. They could sell the Xbox One for the same price as the PS4 without it. The question is - is the Kinect worth the extra money to you? Are the games good enough to make you want to pay that extra cash over the PS4?

Also, people shouldn't be "bothered" by a product they have no interest in buying. MS is offering a product, a package, and inside the package is a console, a controller, and Kinect. They are selling it as a whole for $500. Do you want to buy it? Yes or No? No? Okay, cool, go buy something else, why bother the people who do want to buy it?

Let's say you liked Burger King over McDonald because Burger King gives you slightly larger cup sizes and thicker fries for a lower price, would you run over to your local McDonald joint, interrupt everyone while they are eating and tell everyone inside that they are delusional for buying slightly smaller drink cups and thinner fries for a higher price? Or would you use your brain and realize that it's not about the price, it's not about the size, it's about the TASTE, the PREFERENCE, who likes what and why, and let them enjoy their food?

There should be psychological studies done on people who act like that to figure out exactly what's wrong with them.

Nope. Now if you would have made the analogy that BurgerKing was selling fresh meat and McD's was selling PIOSON you would have had a better analogy. But Seeing as both $ony and M$ are both in bed with RISM I guess they are both poison.,.....
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#7loafy013Posted 11/4/2013 3:01:15 AM
Mmaguy posted...

If you are going to make that comparison, you forgot something. Suppose McDonalds told you that you can only eat their food in the store and that they added used cat litter in the recipes. At first they said "tough, if you don't like it, you are not our demographic". Then after sales tank, they remove the kitty litter (for now) and let you order to go. Those who like Burger King would want to know why people would go back to McDonalds after the stuff they tried to pull.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#8slowdog76Posted 11/4/2013 3:05:31 AM
loafy013 posted...
Mmaguy posted...

If you are going to make that comparison, you forgot something. Suppose McDonalds told you that you can only eat their food in the store and that they added used cat litter in the recipes. At first they said "tough, if you don't like it, you are not our demographic". Then after sales tank, they remove the kitty litter (for now) and let you order to go. Those who like Burger King would want to know why people would go back to McDonalds after the stuff they tried to pull.

well then. lets continue this analogy further.

what if BK promised the ultimate burger, promising all sorts of goodness, toppings and a new improved sauce, then say nothing about it, and only a week or two before release you find that most of the promised toppings aren't there and the sauce is the same as seen previously?
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#9MmaguyPosted 11/4/2013 3:06:33 AM
loafy013 posted...
Mmaguy posted...

Sure, and then they tell you why they want to go back. You have your answer. Now what? You persist and continue to bother them after they have already given you the answer to your question? Or will you move on and let them be?
#10Cowboy082288Posted 11/4/2013 3:07:06 AM
tokenblackguy23 posted...
That you are paying more for a weaker product. When you go car shopping you do not expect to pay more for a weaker vehicle. So I think thats why the entire resolution issue is such a problem, because if people really cared they would just get a PC.

Eh gotta disagree, I think GF/NeoGaf posters are a small minority of the market. I don't think most people planning to buy a PS4 are at all bothered by the X1s existence. When I chose to buy an iPad instead of a Galaxy Note I didn't go to a galaxy forum making topic after topic saying why I thought my tablet was better. I'm sure some people did just that, and well those people are idiots.

Also remember that most of the console sales for both of them will happen long after the launch date. When things have settled down and every snippet of information and new rumor doesn't send the gaming forums into a flurry of heated debate. So I would say in 2 years are so we will have a much better picture of how well these two new consoles are being received in the market place.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni