This board is NOT for people buying the xbox one

#41embrandedonePosted 11/4/2013 10:24:19 AM
lilj812 posted...
It's for people who want to discuss the xbox one. People who say "If you aren't going to buy it then why are you even here?" Because, this forum is for discussing a topic and the topic is the xbox one. This thread is to silence the crowd of people who constantly fall back on this question because they can't defend a console that simply cannot be defended.

People post facts such as the playstation is 100 dollars cheaper, has better hardware gaming, playstation plus being cheaper and giving free games, free games without playstation plus, no netflix and youtube and other secondary features behind a paywall, things that make a video game console all the more better. And when these things are posted fans of the xbox one then ask why they are even here as if it nullifies the facts, as if they are sweeping them under the rug.

Just a news flash xbox one fans. This forum is for discussing the xbox one

I salute you.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#42lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:25:24 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
Funny to see how trolls try to make trolling so acceptable here.

Can you tell me where in my first post I was trolling?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#43ExempliGratiaPosted 11/4/2013 10:26:14 AM
lilj812 posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...

Umm you troll through this board all the time. Do you not?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#44MetroidFan9999Posted 11/4/2013 10:28:07 AM
I agree TC, this board is about X1 discussion. I laugh at everyone that brings PS4 into topics, they are truly desperate XD
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#45lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:29:05 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
lilj812 posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...

Umm you troll through this board all the time. Do you not?

.......... Uh... Okay, can you point out to me where in the first post I'm trolling?
---
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#46regsantotomasPosted 11/4/2013 10:29:40 AM
TC is right. There is no prerequisite to purchase an Xbox One to engage in discussions in these forums.

That being said, one can post negatively or positively about the Xbox One while still observing the loosely policed terms of service.

For example, people love to claim that they are only posting facts. The reality, however, is that these statements are often laced with name-calling or baiting. There is also the matter of the overwhelming redundancy on all these topics that could be better served on a couple of threads instead of several new ones every day.

It's often less about the topic than how it is delivered. Proselytizing doesn't allow for discussion and serves merely to browbeat others who think differently.

Again, people should feel free to bring up fruitful and relevant discussions but also show some common courtesy.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#47lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:35:28 AM
regsantotomas posted...
TC is right. There is no prerequisite to purchase an Xbox One to engage in discussions in these forums.

That being said, one can post negatively or positively about the Xbox One while still observing the loosely policed terms of service.

For example, people love to claim that they are only posting facts. The reality, however, is that these statements are often laced with name-calling or baiting. There is also the matter of the overwhelming redundancy on all these topics that could be better served on a couple of threads instead of several new ones every day.

It's often less about the topic than how it is delivered. Proselytizing doesn't allow for discussion and serves merely to browbeat others who think differently.

Again, people should feel free to bring up fruitful and relevant discussions but also show some common courtesy.

I agree, and things SHOULD be that way. But if it's not that way, you have to understand and accept that that is a product of freedom of speech. It's just a possible outcome that has become reality. People are upset about the xbox one, some people (myself included) don't forgive companies that easily. Some people (myself included) will talk about that in an open forum where that kind of discussion is not only allowed, but it's where the discussion should take place if anywhere.

If people who wanted to express their concerns, frustrations, and what nots couldn't do it here, where would they go? Should they just be silent?
---
#48ILikesCheesePosted 11/4/2013 10:36:56 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
Why would you go on a board discussing hair styles if your bald.... or talk about mopeds when you don't own one or have any interest in it. Logically, you discuss things you are interested in, not something you despise or have no interest in over and over and over and over again...

No, no, no, no, no! You're NOT getting it! Those examples of yours in no way apply to the topic at hand.

Someone who is bald can still have an opinion about hairstyles, those he likes, those he hates, those he wishes he had. Anyone on this board at least has some modicum of interest in the Xbox One, or at least video game consoles in general.

Expressing a negative opinion on a topic is no different than expressing a positive opinion. A forum board, any forum board, is not structured just for positive responses. If you believe that, you are sadly mistaken. I see this misconception time and again by simple-minded GameFaqs users. It isn't just on a console board like this, but ANY game board. "I don't like Sonic All Stars Racing. This is why I don't like Sonic All Stars Racing. Anyone else agree?" To which inevitably someone from the LD class will respond "This board is for people who like the game! Go Away! WAHHHHHHHHHHH! Sega is awesome always and forever and don't you dare say otherwise!"

Sorry. That's NOT how a forum works. If you do not like someone else's opinion or feel that someone else is incorrect, say so. But at least do so logically instead of crying like a baby and name calling like a child.
---
The Xbox One can only run most games in the 720P visual standard. Perhaps it should have been called the XBOX 720 after all.
:D
#49regsantotomasPosted 11/4/2013 10:39:41 AM
lilj812 posted...

I agree, and things SHOULD be that way. But if it's not that way, you have to understand and accept that that is a product of freedom of speech. It's just a possible outcome that has become reality. People are upset about the xbox one, some people (myself included) don't forgive companies that easily. Some people (myself included) will talk about that in an open forum where that kind of discussion is not only allowed, but it's where the discussion should take place if anywhere.

If people who wanted to express their concerns, frustrations, and what nots couldn't do it here, where would they go? Should they just be silent?

I would suggest to you that anger and frustration can be delineated without vitriol or personal attacks.

No one is saying you shouldn't be angry if that's how you feel but this forum isn't for people's venting session either. Such behavior offers up no possibility for discussion.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#50lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:41:40 AM
regsantotomas posted...
lilj812 posted...

I would suggest to you that anger and frustration can be delineated without vitriol or personal attacks.

No one is saying you shouldn't be angry if that's how you feel but this forum isn't for people's venting session either. Such behavior offers up no possibility for discussion.

I agree that people shouldn't personally attack others, but attacking a product? I think it's 100% okay to attack a product that you don't like, especially if you bring up valid reasons. Do you agree?
---