This board is NOT for people buying the xbox one

#51regsantotomasPosted 11/4/2013 10:47:29 AM
lilj812 posted...

I agree that people shouldn't personally attack others, but attacking a product? I think it's 100% okay to attack a product that you don't like, especially if you bring up valid reasons. Do you agree?

I think that it is valid to bring up your opinion on a product or relative policies without judging those who may support said products or policies. Also, this can be done on a single thread without regurgitating the same topics over and over and over.

The search function is there. I suggest that people utilize it.

At some point, once someone has voiced their displeasure, it becomes ultimately redundant to simply keep shouting it out.

my .02 cents
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#52ILikesCheesePosted 11/4/2013 10:47:44 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
Funny to see how trolls try to make trolling so acceptable here.

Perhaps some day certain users will finally learn what the term "trolling" means. Until that day however, I guess we'll just have to shake our heads, point, and laugh.
---
The Xbox One can only run most games in the 720P visual standard. Perhaps it should have been called the XBOX 720 after all.
:D
#53EllesarienPosted 11/4/2013 10:48:02 AM
Just another 'victim' thread.

Reap what you sow.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#54ILikesCheesePosted 11/4/2013 10:50:00 AM
regsantotomas posted...
my .02 cents

Shouldn't that be either TWO cents or $0.02....not ."02 cents."
---
The Xbox One can only run most games in the 720P visual standard. Perhaps it should have been called the XBOX 720 after all.
:D
#55lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:52:04 AM
regsantotomas posted...
lilj812 posted...

I agree that people shouldn't personally attack others, but attacking a product? I think it's 100% okay to attack a product that you don't like, especially if you bring up valid reasons. Do you agree?

I think that it is valid to bring up your opinion on a product or relative policies without judging those who may support said products or policies. Also, this can be done on a single thread without regurgitating the same topics over and over and over.

The search function is there. I suggest that people utilize it.

At some point, once someone has voiced their displeasure, it becomes ultimately redundant to simply keep shouting it out.

my .02 cents

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. People are allowed to bring in as many topics as they want. Why do you think they should be limited to a single thread? If different people are starting different threads about the same topic on different days, why is that a bad thing?

Why is it bad for someone who is unpleased about something to continually voice their displeasure? Would you tell an innocent man in jail to stop telling people he's innocent just because it's redundant?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#56regsantotomasPosted 11/4/2013 10:54:04 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
regsantotomas posted...
my .02 cents

Shouldn't that be either TWO cents or $0.02....not ."02 cents."

it's true. It's like saying ATM machine. But I like the goofy way that I posted it.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#57regsantotomasPosted 11/4/2013 10:57:53 AM
lilj812 posted...

I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. People are allowed to bring in as many topics as they want. Why do you think they should be limited to a single thread? If different people are starting different threads about the same topic on different days, why is that a bad thing?

Why is it bad for someone who is unpleased about something to continually voice their displeasure? Would you tell an innocent man in jail to stop telling people he's innocent just because it's redundant?

Because if the point is discussion, as you claim, then flooding the board with repeated topics isn't really facilitating said discussion - it is diluting it.
---
#58lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 11:01:06 AM
regsantotomas posted...
lilj812 posted...

Because if the point is discussion, as you claim, then flooding the board with repeated topics isn't really facilitating said discussion - it is diluting it.

It is discussion if it's not the same person, or not the same day. I would agree if the same guy was posting the same topic all day everyday but that's not what you see. You see thousands of people making thousands of topics and a lot of those topics have very similar points to make because thousands of people are affected by it the same way.

If you see the same thing over and over again, it's not because one person is very vocal, it's because a lot of people are talking about it. Like a trend.
---
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#59regsantotomasPosted 11/4/2013 11:07:47 AM
lilj812 posted...

It is discussion if it's not the same person, or not the same day. I would agree if the same guy was posting the same topic all day everyday but that's not what you see. You see thousands of people making thousands of topics and a lot of those topics have very similar points to make because thousands of people are affected by it the same way.

If you see the same thing over and over again, it's not because one person is very vocal, it's because a lot of people are talking about it. Like a trend.

I think that you are being a bit disingenuous here.

Do a search for 720

Are you suggesting that all those topics are individual issues that all need to be discussed separately?

While I could understand there being several topics on that issue; it doesn't mandate several dozen. Again, a distinction between dissension and browbeating.

With all those topics, you would think one of them would at least be a Skate Or Die reference.

Anyway, clearly we disagree on what is appropriate behavior on these forums.
---
#60lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 11:17:16 AM
regsantotomas posted...
lilj812 posted...

I think that you are being a bit disingenuous here.

Do a search for 720

Are you suggesting that all those topics are individual issues that all need to be discussed separately?

While I could understand there being several topics on that issue; it doesn't mandate several dozen. Again, a distinction between dissension and browbeating.

With all those topics, you would think one of them would at least be a Skate Or Die reference.

Anyway, clearly we disagree on what is appropriate behavior on these forums.

I think it's all appropriate behavior as long as it's within the ToU that you agree with.

And I don't think that they are individual issues, I think that they are different individuals having the same issue and making separate topics about it. I see nothing wrong when that happens.
---