Why pricing matters when launching a new console

#11HowardTheMizerPosted 11/4/2013 9:53:10 AM
chrish909 posted...
You are right tc just look at ps3

Oh you mean that console that outsold xbox 360 this current generation even though microsoft had the head start... you mean that ps3? LOL
---
Not changing until Jaguars win their division - 3/22/2006
3DS FC: 2380 - 3306 - 9208
#12CyborgTwentyPosted 11/4/2013 9:55:00 AM
Did none of you learn from the $599 PS3 debacle? Sony gave up half their market because of the price of the console. The most expensive console never wins the console wars.
#13BadLuckIncPosted 11/4/2013 9:55:46 AM
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
Okay lets get something straight for everyone complaining about the price.

Sony's console would of been more expensive or the same price as the xbox one but they waited on purpose for MS to mention their price , then Sony took their camera out the box as standard and lowered the price.

Okay! End of, thats what happened at E3. If MS had gone second or after Sony, you wouldnt be having this conversation. Sony were sneaky at E3, sneaky but still a business plan

I'm sorry, but which division do you work for at Sony? LOL Wild speculation. If MS was smart they'd just drop the kinect and offer the console at $399.

I like the console bundled with the Kinect. I think the value you get with Xbox One over PS4 is great, so the price to me is justified.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~ Arrival Date Nov 22nd!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#14HowardTheMizerPosted 11/4/2013 9:59:15 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Sony's console would of been more expensive or the same price as the xbox one but they waited on purpose for MS to mention their price , then Sony took their camera out the box as standard and lowered the price.

Okay! End of, thats what happened at E3. If MS had gone second or after Sony, you wouldnt be having this conversation. Sony were sneaky at E3, sneaky but still a business plan

I'm sorry, but which division do you work for at Sony? LOL Wild speculation. If MS was smart they'd just drop the kinect and offer the console at $399.

I like the console bundled with the Kinect. I think the value you get with Xbox One over PS4 is great, so the price to me is justified.

What value is the xbox one giving you, though? Paywalls for their highly promoted app support? What AAA games are widely utilizing the kinect in a way that offers superior gameplay experience over using a traditional controller? Kinect is a niche market for those sports/dance dance fans or even worse people who enjoy petting fake animals in Kinectanimals or pretending they're elmo's boyfriend in elmo tickle me story time.

Oh wait I forgot the kinect lets you shout out audibles in madden 25 while you're busying licking orange cheeto dust from your fingers and asking mom for another bag.
---
Not changing until Jaguars win their division - 3/22/2006
3DS FC: 2380 - 3306 - 9208
#15SlikkSterrPosted 11/4/2013 10:00:46 AM
HowardTheMizer posted...
SlikkSterr posted...
Dev0311 posted...
We are currently in a recession. Some people don't even have enough money for food on the table, yet alone for a new videogame system for the kids this Christmas. Imagine these people looking at $399 vs. $499. That's $100 that could be spent on something else. Plenty of other things actually during this time of year.

Yes, imagine these people who can barely put food on the table and what they will be doing for their next gen gaming needs...

Sorry that's exactly what happens. How many people on welfare and food stamps are gonna have that xbox one/ps4 with COD ghosts and madden 25? Already have new SUV's and 70" TV's.

I don't know, how many? I'm assuming you have facts and figures and your not just being a sensationalist?
#16Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/4/2013 10:02:32 AM(edited)
HowardTheMizer posted...
chrish909 posted...
You are right tc just look at ps3

Oh you mean that console that outsold xbox 360 this current generation even though microsoft had the head start... you mean that ps3? LOL

During your troll mode did you purposefully miss the point of his post or did it really go that far over your head?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#17CyborgTwentyPosted 11/4/2013 10:03:13 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

The value of having inferior versions of the same games?
#18Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:34:47 AM
Some people are expecting way too much from the new Kinect. Sure, maybe it's a fun quirky device to play around with, but it's not looking to be groundbreaking at all in any sense. There's no AAA Kinect game showing that it was worth gimping the rest of the system for.
#19MetroidFan9999Posted 11/4/2013 10:39:32 AM
Dev0311 posted...
We are currently in a recession.

No we aren't. People may still act like they are because they are lazy and can't do jack to improve their own lives, but as a whole we are out of the recession and in average growth. .
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#20Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 10:45:46 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Dev0311 posted...
We are currently in a recession.

No we aren't. People may still act like they are because they are lazy and can't do jack to improve their own lives, but as a whole we are out of the recession and in average growth. .

Hahaha stay ignorant until reality hits. Did you not notice that even our Government had severe budget problems this year?