What is so great about xbox live?

#21gray_fox_00Posted 11/4/2013 11:25:57 AM
lilj812 posted...
I've never owned a playstation 3 but the PSP store downloaded as fast as my internet connection would allow so I think that calling the PSN slow in comparison is a load of BS.

Personally.

The handheld PSN Store (PSP, Vita) uses the old (and in my opinion better and more user friendly) version, while PS3 and most likely PS4 use the version that lags, takes 45 seconds to a minute to load up, has a horrible search interface, and randomly freezes to the point where you have to force a restart by holding the power button.

I hope that since Sony is starting to charge for online that they'll put some of that money towards improving speed, interface, and server availability so they can at least start trying to get to where MS has been.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#22DeadLock25Posted 11/4/2013 11:29:29 AM
chickabumpbump posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
By free I assume you mean the ability to buy games is not behind the PS+ paywall.

And XBL is not free? You do realize you do not NEED gold to buy stuff right? Or have you never actually used the service and that's probably why you are asking the question to begin with, right?

You do not need Gold to buy content on the marketplace, you need gold for a few applications but I do not need gold to download all the fallout or dragon age dlc do i ?

Apps yes, early demos, yes. DLC and games or the store in general, no you dont need gold.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#23lilj812Posted 11/4/2013 11:31:02 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
lilj812 posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
lilj812 posted...
I've never owned a playstation 3 but the PSP store downloaded as fast as my internet connection would allow so I think that calling the PSN slow in comparison is a load of BS.

Personally.

You can't be serious. I have a theoretical 50 mbps connection at my house. Downloading games on my Xbox 360 takes way faster than my ps3 or vita. The Sony servers are slow as dirt.

GREAT EVIDENCE, now I believe.

Are you done now?

Pot calling the kettle black. Where is your evidence? I'm pretty sure I can have other people back up what I've said. Be serious.

That's why I said I think people saying that xbox live is faster is BS. I didn't say it WAS BS, like the people who claim that xbox live is faster as if it was a provable fact.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#24TreGoodaPosted 11/4/2013 11:38:11 AM
lilj812 posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
lilj812 posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
lilj812 posted...

Personally.

You can't be serious. I have a theoretical 50 mbps connection at my house. Downloading games on my Xbox 360 takes way faster than my ps3 or vita. The Sony servers are slow as dirt.

GREAT EVIDENCE, now I believe.

Are you done now?

Pot calling the kettle black. Where is your evidence? I'm pretty sure I can have other people back up what I've said. Be serious.

That's why I said I think people saying that xbox live is faster is BS. I didn't say it WAS BS, like the people who claim that xbox live is faster as if it was a provable fact.

It's faster in that it saves you time and it's faster in how data is downloaded/installed. The service is streamlined much better and the entire focus is on the gaming community and how this community shares and plays games and shares information with each other.

Internet speeds are by each individuals ISP, type of connection, network they're on etc. Especially since most of it is using a P2P connection. This will change now that XBOX One is running all dedicated servers.

Make sense?
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#25TheRealPhattyJPosted 11/4/2013 11:39:47 AM
chickabumpbump posted...
lilj812 posted...

Personally.

So you havent owed both machines and used the online on both, like I have, but youre calling us liars for having an opinion.

He never called you a liar.

Anyone who has actually compared the speeds of the 2 has found them to be whatever your ISP allows. Unless you're running wireless, then the 360 has a slightly better wireless adapter but that has nothing to do with the networks.
#26TheRealPhattyJPosted 11/4/2013 11:41:40 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
lilj812 posted...

Personally.

Yea, they run the same speed.

Games download quicker on the 360 because of the size differences. PS3 games are much, much bigger downloads, it's not that Live runs faster.
#27lilj812Posted 11/4/2013 11:43:37 AM
TreGooda posted...
It's faster in that it saves you time and it's faster in how data is downloaded/installed. The service is streamlined much better and the entire focus is on the gaming community and how this community shares and plays games and shares information with each other.

Internet speeds are by each individuals ISP, type of connection, network they're on etc. Especially since most of it is using a P2P connection. This will change now that XBOX One is running all dedicated servers.

Make sense?

Prove the bolded please. I need a source.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#28TreGoodaPosted 11/4/2013 11:44:38 AM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
lilj812 posted...

Personally.

Yea, they run the same speed.

Games download quicker on the 360 because of the size differences. PS3 games are much, much bigger downloads, it's not that Live runs faster.

The software for downloading/installing is better. The installation on the playstation is where you really lose time.

It's also annoying there's a new update you have to wait for which seems to happen every week.

Most XBOX updates take a few seconds to download, the Sony updates are a pain in the A.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#29chickabumpbumpPosted 11/4/2013 11:44:49 AM
DeadLock25 posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
By free I assume you mean the ability to buy games is not behind the PS+ paywall.

And XBL is not free? You do realize you do not NEED gold to buy stuff right? Or have you never actually used the service and that's probably why you are asking the question to begin with, right?

You do not need Gold to buy content on the marketplace, you need gold for a few applications but I do not need gold to download all the fallout or dragon age dlc do i ?

Apps yes, early demos, yes. DLC and games or the store in general, no you dont need gold.

Apps some
Demos maybe less than 1% depending on publishers
#30BadLuckIncPosted 11/4/2013 11:47:38 AM
Lightthrower posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
BoomerHelll posted...
Nightshift1983 posted...
What is so great about it that playstation store doesn't have? Plus playstation store is free.

the ps store is free?? how come this isn't everywhere? i cant wait to download all the ps1 games and DLC my heart desires

I think he meant you don't need Gold to access the marketplace on Playstation.... but now you guys have to pay for multiplayer so that's going to split your user base significantly =S

I have always preferred and enjoyed XBL over PSN.

In your sig you don't have a PSN though, how can you prefer XBL over PSN if you don't have PSN?

I have two PS3's (I won one but that ones Blue-ray drive reader stopped working, and I had to buy a second one).

In summer 2011 I stopped playing my PS3 and stuck exclusively to my Xbox 360. During my PS3 time I preferred XBL for all my online gaming needs and used my PS3 for the few exclusives at the time I was interested in.

My opinion still stands, XBL > PSN.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~ Arrival Date Nov 22nd!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk