why do people bash TV and NFL?

#11chickabumpbumpPosted 11/4/2013 11:36:53 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
People still believe they are in 2002 where a games console played games but could also play maybe a dvd, then their games console would play games and then also give you the option of media and movies and such.

Its 2013 and people walk around with mobile phones that are all IDENTICAL to each other but obsess over them also playing music, movies, recording footage, social media in a PHONE.

They dont complain that their tv can do netflix or their pc can do everything under the sun and also play games But for some reason they whine that something can multi task in media.

The idea of one device doing everything in the living room, despite tablets, pc's, tv's and phones doing it for years is for some odd reason disgusting to them. Idiots are what I call them

Plus you get "casuals" or people who haven't been following the launch/don't care about resolution

Store clerk : The xb1 plays games, let's you watch T.V., use skype and all these other new features!"

Customer : What's the PS4 do?

Store clerk : It plays games.

Which sounds better to the uninformed customer?

God I keep forgetting about Skype, embarrasing since I worked on the first kinect in games QA and did event work for Sony and EA! haha product knowledge is meant to be my expertise.
Having Skype on the one which is THE programme used for long distance video calling in the home and workplaces and it being used with such a powerful camera like kinect is a huge boom
#12HowardTheMizerPosted 11/4/2013 11:38:59 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
People still believe they are in 2002 where a games console played games but could also play maybe a dvd, then their games console would play games and then also give you the option of media and movies and such.

Its 2013 and people walk around with mobile phones that are all IDENTICAL to each other but obsess over them also playing music, movies, recording footage, social media in a PHONE.

They dont complain that their tv can do netflix or their pc can do everything under the sun and also play games But for some reason they whine that something can multi task in media.

The idea of one device doing everything in the living room, despite tablets, pc's, tv's and phones doing it for years is for some odd reason disgusting to them. Idiots are what I call them

Plus you get "casuals" or people who haven't been following the launch/don't care about resolution

Store clerk : The xb1 plays games, let's you watch T.V., use skype and all these other new features!"

Wrong. this is how the conversation would go.

Store clerk: the xb1 plays games and offers another avenue to watch tv services you're already subscribed to... also has skype netflix etc but they're hidden behind a paywall. You'll essentially have to pay twice to use services like netflix.

Customer: What's the ps4 do?

Store Clerk: It plays games with superior multiplatform performance and doesn't hide the extra features behind a paywall. Also it's $100 cheaper

---
Not changing until Jaguars win their division - 3/22/2006
3DS FC: 2380 - 3306 - 9208
#13chickabumpbumpPosted 11/4/2013 11:39:32 AM
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
seriously,

i understand why hardcore gamers are up at arms about it for the most part. they think a gaming system should be 100% games.

however i enjoy the tv adaptationa nd nfl deals that microsoft has incorporated into their system.

the nfl and fantasy football fan base is HUGE. it's bigger than the gaming sector. I participate in about 6-8 fantasy leauges every year. and football takes over a good chunk out of the year. with preseason and regular season it takes up about 7 months. thats 7 months of monday, thursday and sunday games.

and i usually put up about 2-3 grand between each of my fantasy leauges.

so yea i consider myself a casual gamer, and i love football, and me and the missus have out weekly tv shows too.

and being able to do all of this while playing games and tracking scores etc... it's amazing.

and being able to switch between shows/games/channels with the swipe of a hand or voice....it's going to be nice.

ps i do like graphics too, so i am picking u a ps4 for games like deep down. and hopefully games like the last of us etc. but everything else will be x1

Putting 3 grand on fantasy football?

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/badass-meme.gif

I applaud you for paying 500 bucks for a glorified universal remote controller LOL.

See people like this guy who have no idea about technology will buy multiple devices for multiple uses, which is a waste of money. Why should I buy box A B and C when one device can do everything perfectly fine.

My television comes with a remote controller in the box... I'm not paying extra for multiple technology LOL. I'm not buying any extra box to change channels and inputs on my TV. Besides, you're typing this message from either a smartphone device or a computer--both which have ready access to skype, netflix, hulu, etc whatever superfluous "systems sellers" you're mentioning. Doesn't seem that you're buying an extra box for that technology either, since you already own aforementioned technology.

Correct but again when one device can do everything and anything possible, its more appealing not just to customers but to media companies and other networks. PC gamers will use this argument! If my PC was a super powerful beast and more importantly I had ANY patience with PC gaming which I dont, I would use it to game alot more
#14DarkJaydragonPosted 11/4/2013 11:40:29 AM
HowardTheMizer posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Store clerk: the xb1 plays games and offers another avenue to watch tv services you're already subscribed to... also has skype netflix etc but they're hidden behind a paywall. You'll essentially have to pay twice to use services like netflix.

Store Clerk: It plays games with superior multiplatform performance and doesn't hide the extra features behind a paywall. Also it's $100 cheaper

Where is he buying this, the Sony store?
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#15chickabumpbumpPosted 11/4/2013 11:41:43 AM
HowardTheMizer posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

No thats how someone with a bias would talk, not someone stating facts and differences with pro's and cons
#16Darkpalidin12Posted 11/4/2013 11:41:46 AM
Howard is no doubt, one of the biggest re assuring Sony fanboys I have ever seen on a message board. Literally every single one of his posts he is on his knees begging us to go with the Playstation 4 and drop our One's. I mean I feel sympathy for him.. Let's all hold hands and hope he eventually comes to his senses and goes to the Sony boards.
---
GT: ReturnToHangar PSN: LegendxK1LL3R
#17HowardTheMizerPosted 11/4/2013 11:43:02 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Where is he buying this, the Sony store?

I'm just stating facts.... my response was purely objective. Can't argue with facts, my friend.

This is actually how the real conversation will go at places like walmart, target, etc.

Consumer: What's the xbox one do? how much does it cost?

Clerk: Video game system... 500 bucks

Consumer: how about that ps4? does it play games as well? how much does it cost??

Clerk: Yeah it's a new video game system as well... it's 400 bucks.

Consumer: I'll take the cheaper one.
---
#18Dannyson97Posted 11/4/2013 11:43:06 AM
Because their are people that don't live in the U.S?
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#19YumeOMiruPosted 11/4/2013 11:43:57 AM
Nah people are bringing the pitchfork and torches because the X brand used to be known as THE gaming console (in murica at least). Instead of being this gaming console being worth itīs pricetag, we get this media box that can play games.

Yes, the message is clear, this is the eagle box, for your family, to skype and netflix after you pay to get pass the paywall, maybe some kinect motion game for the kids.

Message heard loud and clear by every gamer, you want gaming as focus and media as the sprinkles? You want to netflix for free? Get the PS4 for ultimate gaming experiences.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#20HowardTheMizerPosted 11/4/2013 11:45:58 AM
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

No thats how someone with a bias would talk, not someone stating facts and differences with pro's and cons

No these are facts, my friend.

BF 4 & Cod ghosts = 720P on xbox one, 1080P on ps4 FACT
XBOX paywall for netflix/no paywall for netflix on ps4 FACT
XBOX one 500 dollars vs ps4 400 dollars FACT

You constantly stating that you worked on xbox's kinect division while not having the cognitive ability to differ between fact/fiction = leads me to believe your work experience is fiction
---