why do people bash TV and NFL?

#31HowardTheMizerPosted 11/4/2013 12:09:30 PM
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
If the regular consumer can't notice the difference between 720P and 1080P, why does the developer bother upscaling the xbox versions then? For bragging rights? S**** and giggles?? Why waste their time improving the product when the consumer won't even notice the difference, right??? Please stop kidding yourself.

XBOX inclusion of kinect might be fact but consumer wanting the kinect to begin with? OPINION
In fact, it's the opposite opinion of most of this board... countless topics saying "offer kinectless console for $399).

MS put kinect in every box to get dev's using it

Sony were going to put their camera into the ps4 right away to get devs using it but chose not to the day after so they can undercut xbox. That is fact!

Thats not me slagging off one company that do not care about me and thinking because I have a loyalty to one they love my little cotton socks! ( thats you btw! Im getting a ps4 and an xbox one)
that is a FACT, both companies are there to MAKE MONEY and make the others look bad and themselves look good. Sony took the chance of being second to show off their machine and announce the price to their advantage.

No one bought PS move, Kinect sold millions of cameras on launch and broke sales records. It was also used in education and physiotherapy and PC modders went crazy for it.
Its a brilliant bit of tech, doesnt matter if youre lazy and dont like moving slightly or youre narrow minded and for some reason go crazy over a tablet something that existed 10 years ago but didnt take off but dislike a camera or a controller giving us new ways of gaming Kinect has been a success.

You however jump into topics as a fanboy, so dont try and have a discussion suddently when you have shown your real IQ and cards with your idiotic attitude

How does inclusion of the kinect with every console force the developer to program the game for the kinect? Oh yeah... if Microsoft FORCES them to include features for it sure. I'm pretty sure developers have been scrapping kinect implementation for AAA titles (look at Ryse... crytek built a kinect only version of the game and later scrapped it). I'm not doubting the kinect is a fantastic piece of technology... just not a good one for video games... has nothing to do with leaning a certain way or not. Developers haven't gravitated towards the kinect apart from gimmick niche games like Kinectanimals or Kinect Sports... haven't seen any recent AAA titles implementing game revolutionizing experiences thanks in large part to the Kinect.

Look at your idiotic attitude now spouting off perceived differences in IQ between you and I based upon a random person's internet message board posts. Who is the person with the low self-esteem and intellegence to get so riled up over the internet? LOL.
---
Not changing until Jaguars win their division - 3/22/2006
3DS FC: 2380 - 3306 - 9208
#32chickabumpbumpPosted 11/4/2013 12:13:31 PM
"Look at your idiotic attitude now spouting off perceived differences in IQ between you and I based upon a random person's internet message board posts. Who is the person with the low self-esteem and intellegence to get so riled up over the internet? LOL."

Why have you entered every topic for discussions on a console you have no interest in just for the sole purpose of angering people or misinforming them ?

Has nothing to do with confidence or intelligence or justification does it?
#33Kosmo240985(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 12:13:35 PM
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
If the regular consumer can't notice the difference between 720P and 1080P, why does the developer bother upscaling the xbox versions then? For bragging rights? S**** and giggles?? Why waste their time improving the product when the consumer won't even notice the difference, right??? Please stop kidding yourself.

XBOX inclusion of kinect might be fact but consumer wanting the kinect to begin with? OPINION
In fact, it's the opposite opinion of most of this board... countless topics saying "offer kinectless console for $399).

Sony were going to put their camera into the ps4 right away to get devs using it but chose not to the day after so they can undercut xbox. That is fact!

Thats not me slagging off one company that do not care about me and thinking because I have a loyalty to one they love my little cotton socks! ( thats you btw! Im getting a ps4 and an xbox one)
that is a FACT, both companies are there to MAKE MONEY and make the others look bad and themselves look good. Sony took the chance of being second to show off their machine and announce the price to their advantage.

No one bought PS move, Kinect sold millions of cameras on launch and broke sales records. It was also used in education and physiotherapy and PC modders went crazy for it.
Its a brilliant bit of tech, doesnt matter if youre lazy and dont like moving slightly or youre narrow minded and for some reason go crazy over a tablet something that existed 10 years ago but didnt take off but dislike a camera or a controller giving us new ways of gaming Kinect has been a success.

You however jump into topics as a fanboy, so dont try and have a discussion suddently when you have shown your real IQ and cards with your idiotic attitude

How does inclusion of the kinect with every console force the developer to program the game for the kinect? Oh yeah... if Microsoft FORCES them to include features for it sure. I'm pretty sure developers have been scrapping kinect implementation for AAA titles (look at Ryse... crytek built a kinect only version of the game and later scrapped it). I'm not doubting the kinect is a fantastic piece of technology... just not a good one for video games... has nothing to do with leaning a certain way or not. Developers haven't gravitated towards the kinect apart from gimmick niche games like Kinectanimals or Kinect Sports... haven't seen any recent AAA titles implementing game revolutionizing experiences thanks in large part to the Kinect.

Look at your idiotic attitude now spouting off perceived differences in IQ between you and I based upon a random person's internet message board posts. Who is the person with the low self-esteem and intellegence to get so riled up over the internet? LOL.

actually it's been stated before that the reason kinect 1 recieved low dev support is becasue there was no gaurentee people had access to kinect.

now they have a guarentee that every xbox owner will have access to kinect. so developers can add features to the games with certainty that people can access them.

right now its only launch so it's not ecpected for kinect to have too much support since its such a new tech and devs need time to learn how to develop for it.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#34HowardTheMizerPosted 11/4/2013 12:16:40 PM
What do you mean the developers perceived a low support for access to the kinect? What about those record breaking numbers I read earlier in this topic? If something is largely adapted with record breaking numbers and works as a fantastic piece of technology, wouldn't developers embrace the Kinect for gameplay implementation? Oh that's right... the popular opinion is that the kinect hasn't improved game play in any drastic way. (Popular opinion of this board btw)
---
Not changing until Jaguars win their division - 3/22/2006
3DS FC: 2380 - 3306 - 9208
#35chickabumpbumpPosted 11/4/2013 12:17:24 PM
Kosmo240985 posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...

actually it's been stated before that the reason kinect 1 recieved low dev support is becasue there was no gaurentee people had access to kinect.

now they have a guarentee that every xbox owner will have access to kinect. so developers can add features to the games with certainty that people can access them.

right now its only launch so it's not ecpected for kinect to have too much support since its such a new tech and devs need time to learn how to develop for it.

Exactly, you can say the same and even worse things about PS move.

At least Kinect had other good uses in many forms, Move didnt.

One of the best kinect games you can play is Skyrim, its brilliant using Kinect!!! its so much fun using your voice to change magic, shouts etc.
#36gray_fox_00Posted 11/4/2013 12:46:34 PM
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...

I've seen the Kinect used for amazing things... outside of the XBox 360 though. It just didn't do anything for me. You've got party games which did well, some poorly implemented Kinect only games, and voice command shortcuts. That's just my personal opinion.

I get their move of making the Kinect to console a 1:1 ratio to prompt dev use, but for controller based games I don't see any other use than voice commands which I can live without.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#37RybalPosted 11/4/2013 12:59:38 PM
I don't think that it is simply because it is TV and NFL that people will bash those features. I'm convinced that it is because, when MS had their first chance to show off their new system, they put the VAST majority of the emphasis on those features. It suggested that the system was a media box first and a gaming system second.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade