Exclusive(s) battle of the trailers: Ryse vs Shadow of the Beast

#1HeathenutopiaPosted 11/4/2013 11:59:28 AM
So, which trailer is more epic? These two characters were seriously mind-humped in their youth and became badasses. Ryse is coming out soon and Shadow of the Beast has no release date, but this is just a fun debate regarding the trailers and which one makes you want the game more...regardless of the system it is on. (I know...hard to do) Let's just have some civil fun. Tired of all the 720p crap.

So, let's begin:

Ryse: Son of Rome story:

Tells the story of the young Roman soldier Marius Titus who witnesses the murder of his family at the hands of barbarian bandits. Seeking revenge, he travels with the Roman army to Britannia where he proves himself a soldier of phenomenal skill and quickly rises through the ranks. As Marius leads the army against the barbarian horde, his quest unravels and he discovers that he must return to Rome to find his vengeance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJHXTIUFsCA
(If there is a better trailer, please provide it)

Shadow of the Beast (Reboot from Amiga 1989) story:

The first game’s story is about a man named Aarbron who was kidnapped as a child and corrupted through magic into a monstrous warrior-servant for the evil beast lord Maletoth. The creature’s memory of his human life returns when he watches a man being executed, whom he later recognizes as his father. This prompts Aarbron to seek revenge on Maletoth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x28VDZDKXHw
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#2DarkJaydragonPosted 11/4/2013 12:01:03 PM
Ryse.

I remember SOTB though, I could never get passed the second level.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#3ssjgohhkuPosted 11/4/2013 12:02:22 PM
I prefer the real video game over the interactive movie called Ryse.
#4chrish909Posted 11/4/2013 12:05:43 PM
That shadow of the beast trailer actually looked pretty good. Then I looked up gameplay to find out its a 2d sidescroller. LOL
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#5ssjgohhkuPosted 11/4/2013 12:06:56 PM
That Ryse trailer actually looked pretty good. Then I looked up gameplay to find out it has less gameplay then Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain. LOL
#6Kazuya_80Posted 11/4/2013 12:07:54 PM
ssjgohhku posted...

You must not like uncharted then
#7ssjgohhkuPosted 11/4/2013 12:09:16 PM
Kazuya_80 posted...
ssjgohhku posted...

You must not like uncharted then

Uncharted is like Gears of War and neither are interactive movies. Interactive movies are crap like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Asuras Wrath and Ryse.
#8Kazuya_80Posted 11/4/2013 12:10:01 PM
It's so scripted and mostly easy that it should be
#9Kosmo240985Posted 11/4/2013 12:10:20 PM
ssjgohhku posted...
That Ryse trailer actually looked pretty good. Then I looked up gameplay to find out it has less gameplay then Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain. LOL

even neogaf is commenting on how that's not true...

it's hack and slash gameplay very similar to god of war..
---
GT: Kozzie85
#10DelRowePosted 11/4/2013 12:10:45 PM
chrish909 posted...
That shadow of the beast trailer actually looked pretty good. Then I looked up gameplay to find out its a 2d sidescroller. LOL

Link to gameplay video? I didn't know they showed any yet.
---
You are not in control.