Killer Instinct = best console launch game ever?

#11chickabumpbumpPosted 11/4/2013 11:16:02 AM
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
The idea of KI being free but paying for characters is an excellent one.

Fighting games are niche and when people do play fighting games they only use 1-3 characters anyway.

People are much more likely to spend 5-10 pounds on getting 2 characters and knowing everyone has this game, giving them online opponents than spending 40-60 pounds on a full release.

Subjective opinion.

It is but I think its a good one. If I play streetfighter im using cammy or ryu
Dead or alive Ayane or Helena
Marvel V capcom , anyone for a laugh really

but I have not nor ever wanted to pay full price for a fighting game.

League of legends has the same idea and uses it really well doesnt it
#12HowardTheMizerPosted 11/4/2013 11:19:25 AM
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Fighting games are niche and when people do play fighting games they only use 1-3 characters anyway.

People are much more likely to spend 5-10 pounds on getting 2 characters and knowing everyone has this game, giving them online opponents than spending 40-60 pounds on a full release.

Subjective opinion.

League of Legends isn't a fighting game. Whatever floats your boat to support the microtransaction based F2P model... sounds more like a candy crush saga to me. "Sure you can play for free, but paying extra money will get you a better experience." Why not charge a reasonable price for an underdeveloped, rushed title? $20 would be fair based upon the roster content announced so far.
---
Not changing until Jaguars win their division - 3/22/2006
3DS FC: 2380 - 3306 - 9208
#13NewmoonPosted 11/4/2013 11:22:06 AM
slyman19 posted...
No. I doubt anything will ever beat Halo: Combat Evolved.

I'd have to say this.

I cant think of any other launch games (other then dreamcast which only had a 2 year life) that was arguably one of the best games for the entire console life cycle.
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade
#14vashtrichamPosted 11/4/2013 11:24:56 AM
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Subjective opinion.

And as a avid fighting game player i have to disagree strongly. People might only main and sub a few people but thats after they have played plenty of other characters to figure out who they enjoy playing the most. If you never played SF how would you know you enjoy ryu and cammy the most
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#15chickabumpbumpPosted 11/4/2013 11:27:11 AM
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Subjective opinion.

League of Legends isn't a fighting game. Whatever floats your boat to support the microtransaction based F2P model... sounds more like a candy crush saga to me. "Sure you can play for free, but paying extra money will get you a better experience." Why not charge a reasonable price for an underdeveloped, rushed title? $20 would be fair based upon the roster content announced so far.

LOL is the first big title of its kind however and multiple ones have tried copying it with those type of purchases. I dont play LOL but I cant see a difference in the characters. The hardcore players will go " oh yeah this does 5.4 more dps blah blah blah "

KI is a fighting game and people button bash in them, hit any combo they can think of mimicking fireball commands etc but they still have fun since its an easy to play genre. I do think more games should try this idea
#16chickabumpbumpPosted 11/4/2013 11:28:29 AM
vashtricham posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Subjective opinion.

And as a avid fighting game player i have to disagree strongly. People might only main and sub a few people but thats after they have played plenty of other characters to figure out who they enjoy playing the most. If you never played SF how would you know you enjoy ryu and cammy the most

.. I have played them , I like Ryu and cammy because I enjoyed using them. Ryu since well...nostalgia ofc
#17Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 11:29:40 AM
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Subjective opinion.

LOL is the first big title of its kind however and multiple ones have tried copying it with those type of purchases. I dont play LOL but I cant see a difference in the characters. The hardcore players will go " oh yeah this does 5.4 more dps blah blah blah "

KI is a fighting game and people button bash in them, hit any combo they can think of mimicking fireball commands etc but they still have fun since its an easy to play genre. I do think more games should try this idea

Killer Instinct's combo system never did well with button mashing. Push the wrong button and the combo string ends.
#18vashtrichamPosted 11/4/2013 11:30:17 AM
chickabumpbump posted...
vashtricham posted...
chickabumpbump posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...
chickabumpbump posted...

Subjective opinion.

.. I have played them , I like Ryu and cammy because I enjoyed using them. Ryu since well...nostalgia ofc

Thats the point if you never played a SF game how would you know you liked them.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#19RybalPosted 11/4/2013 12:02:52 PM
HowardTheMizer posted...

Isn't $20 the price to unlock the full version?
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#20ExempliGratiaPosted 11/4/2013 12:08:15 PM
Rybal posted...
HowardTheMizer posted...

Isn't $20 the price to unlock the full version?

Lmao of course he doesn't know that. He's trying to troll. The game is $20 for 8 characters. You can it like that or buy them separately. When you buy them separately you still get to fight the other characters you don't have you don't only fight the ones you buy.

$40 is for the game with everything like the $20 except you get access to the last 2 characters early and you get customizations and the whole of the Original Killer Instinct I think included with online play (not too sure).
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia