Killer Instinct = best console launch game ever?

#41roboto_pilotoPosted 11/5/2013 4:27:44 AM
You mean the killer instinct that doesn't play like KI anymore?

And as a long time fighting game fan I prefer using the full roster of characters.

Pay for the characters u like without trying any of them sounds completely stupid for a fighting game.

Guilty Gear will be the definitive fighter "next-gen".

KI lost all the KI soul and plays like another SF/MK.
---
"I guess I'm a bad man who tried to be a good father, I don't know. Every man has a right to change." ~ John Marston
#42MrSpaM111Posted 11/5/2013 4:35:16 AM
You forgot the 'LOL' option
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#43Cowboy082288Posted 11/5/2013 4:37:31 AM
roboto_piloto posted...
You mean the killer instinct that doesn't play like KI anymore?

And as a long time fighting game fan I prefer using the full roster of characters.

Pay for the characters u like without trying any of them sounds completely stupid for a fighting game.

Guilty Gear will be the definitive fighter "next-gen".

KI lost all the KI soul and plays like another SF/MK.

Then pay the $20 for the full game and stop crying about being able to try some of it out for free.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#44richboy900Posted 11/5/2013 5:09:36 AM
slyman19 posted...
No. I doubt anything will ever beat Halo: Combat Evolved.

Agreed. Played though the campaign the other day actually.

I never owned a Dreamcast but didn't they have some great games like soul calibur from launch. I have that on my 360, its a great game.

Also i bought hydrothunder which is also good fun, but I don't know if that was a launch game.

Tekken tag (ps2) was another great launch game.

The Xbox one has a great launch lineup, but im not getting Xbox one for a good while.
#45LordElohimPosted 11/5/2013 6:33:47 AM
I have gotten every system at launch since N64, and owned every system before that back to NES. Halo, Super Mario World, and Mario 64 are extremely tough competition, and though I love fighting games, I don't think any fighting game, no matter how potentially awesome, can keep that kind of company. I think, in general, those three examples are of a caliber it isn't even fair to expect at launch. I loved the original KI, I played it online more than any other game, but even if the new one is great, there's no way it compares to other, truly monumental launch games.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
#46kel25Posted 11/5/2013 6:55:39 AM
I'm going to have to vote no even though I never played the new Killer Instinct. I enjoyed the older games but I wasn't a huge fan of them and I really dislike the direction they took this game.

For me the best console launch game was Super Mario World and I would be amazed if Killer Instinct could even come close to touching that game's fun factor.
#47cruelbirdPosted 11/5/2013 9:00:30 AM
It's a cool game to launch with.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#48DesparateMonkeyPosted 11/5/2013 1:21:38 PM
RYSE!

<slow clap>

I know, I know....
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#49Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 1:27:32 PM
kel25 posted...
I'm going to have to vote no even though I never played the new Killer Instinct. I enjoyed the older games but I wasn't a huge fan of them and I really dislike the direction they took this game.

For me the best console launch game was Super Mario World and I would be amazed if Killer Instinct could even come close to touching that game's fun factor.

What's wrong with the new KI? Please explain.
#50beds2Posted 11/5/2013 1:35:12 PM
Dev0311 posted...
kel25 posted...

What's wrong with the new KI? Please explain.

Well I'm looking forward to KI '13, but it's obvious that the game is light on content, especially by today's standards. The pricepoint clearly shows us this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/rdPWG.jpg