MS had planned this for long time, but they didn't expect this coming!

#11Dr WhoopassPosted 11/4/2013 4:09:41 PM
SirLemont posted...
They want that Wii money, plain and simple. Microsoft saw how Nintendo launched the Wii late and with inferior tech and STILL managed to outsell both the PS3 and the 360. Microsoft's biggest mistake was neglecting the core gamers in favor of the casual crowd. Nintendo is already paying the price of that with the sluggish performance of the Wii U. Microsoft will pay that price as well (or may already have by giving away what market dominance they had to Sony well before the systems launch).

THIS. Despite what teh hardcore gamerzz would have you believe, they are a tiny tiny minority and don't spend cash like families do. They saw 75% of PS3 people were using it for Netflix/Bluray and Wii outsold everyone by bajillions and realized casuals dominate the market. They are aiming for young couples/families with money and good jobs. The kind of people the COD guys called "not real gamers". Like Wii, it may come back to haunt them.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#12MmaguyPosted 11/4/2013 4:09:46 PM
Whatever their reasoning is, I'm glad they made it. The features/Kinect matter more to me than the graphic difference. As for games, right out of the gate that have some AAA games and other exclusives that are looking great, and all the multiplats as well. Games like Titanfall/Sunset Overdrive/QB already announced for it. Game wise there's nothing to worry about.

Overall a great console and I'm glad they went in this direction with it. Glad Sony went in their direction as well, Nintendo too. All going to be great consoles in the end with tons of great experiences.
#13BloodyDove2vsPosted 11/4/2013 4:11:50 PM
Muryo posted...
This was a very good read, good post TC!

agree with the notion
---
Farewell Steve WarChest Ballmer. Goodbye Xbox brand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#14Reflex-ArcPosted 11/4/2013 4:14:24 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think this is a smart direction for Microsoft and this console.

"Core gamers" are a dying breed and a diminishing market. They need to realize that, to replenish their herd, they need to embrace "casual gamers" if they want the gaming industry to grow. The casual gamer is far more accepting of "new" than the stubborn core base and casual gamers don't all (or always) remain casual gamers. Tastes evolve, and the games will evolve to suit.

The Xbox One and Kinect make sense to me. It really is a deviation from the path console gaming has been on, and that appeals to my tastes. I'm really looking forward to the launch in a couple weeks.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#15Sorceress KnightPosted 11/4/2013 4:40:13 PM
I agree, great post!

Good thing for me is... during the last years I realized I started using my Xbox 360 more and more for Multimedia Stuff. First I didn't like that direction... but my opinion changed quite a bit.
I live in Germany, got no cable or satellite because it's not available in my house for some reason.
- I liked using it to watch Music Vids on my big TV, with the sound through my 5.1 Speakers.
- I liked to watch Arte (as the name already shows this is the kind of Channel for people who like to get some education and culture on TV) via an App.
- I liked to watch a Korean TV Show with my Girlfriend via Youtube on the Big Screen.
- I liked to watch a special Cooking Show, because I always missed it late at night, same goes for a political comedy show made by the same Channel.

Now these Features might get even better implemented plus they are now easier to access with (hopefully) working Voice commands and Multitasking.

Some people might say I could also use a PC, an Audio System, etc. for this, but why should I do so, when I can also do it with one Device that also lets me quick access Games, use a great controller etc.
The PS4 might offer some similar features, but not as good as an Xbox One.

People might or better WILL have fun with the features the Xbox One offers, but in some cases they don't want to see it, because it means letting go of feeling like a super duper hardcore Gamer who doesn't need any other kind of Media.
---
PSN: Robert_Pelz
Live: Cifer Almasy
#16Board_ColliePosted 11/4/2013 4:43:43 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...

"Core gamers" are a dying breed and a diminishing market.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
---
Lol: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67056898
#17benjimainPosted 11/4/2013 5:03:48 PM
Board_Collie posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

"Core gamers" are a dying breed and a diminishing market.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

This. Core gaming is bigger now than ever.

I laugh at how some people think all those hardcore gamers who have lived gaming for 15+ years and who are passing it on to their kids, have disappeared, and all we want now are casual games that are piss easy to best, and can be played on a device that acts as a bed, irons out clothes, etc.

You'd better believe Sony had the better strategy here, which is why they are going to trounce MS this coming gen.
#18Dev0311Posted 11/4/2013 5:06:17 PM
The Xbone was watered down cause of Kinect
#19MuryoPosted 11/4/2013 5:21:35 PM
This topic deserves sticky, *goes to submit request*
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#20LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/4/2013 5:25:15 PM
So basically this thing should sell to the former Wii casual fanbase. Problem solved.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain