EA Sports and Microsoft in talks about an exclusive MMA game.

#1RebelGameMasterPosted 11/4/2013 4:07:12 PM
The game centers around your Created Character, and you go about a city fighting other players and completing missions. The missions help you in terms of gear and abilities.

If all goes to plan they expect it to be in shelves Q3 2015.

It'll be the first ever MMARPG!
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#2Dr WhoopassPosted 11/4/2013 4:12:31 PM
sweet... hopefully Kinect enabled. I'm too fat :(
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#3GuitaristMattPosted 11/4/2013 4:14:35 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...

Wish granted, but your character is created via Kinect.

I hope you get to use real dialogue.
---
Question about the PS4? Check here vvv
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#4RebelGameMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 4:15:45 PM
Dr Whoopass posted...

Listen, there is a game one PS3 with Danny Trejo in the back cover. Get it. I tried it at the Sony store in Manhattan and DAMN! I was so impressed with how EVERYTIME I threw a hook the character threw a hook. I threw a jab and straight and the character threw a jan and hook. It will cut you up quick. If you're fat you'll lose the weight quick.
---
"I hated this game, the controls were awful," isn't trolling... But you'll probably still get modded.
#5MmaguyPosted 11/4/2013 4:16:05 PM
Actually... something like that would be good. I'm a big MMA fan (it's in my name), so any gameplay innovation regarding that sport would be great.
#6Dr WhoopassPosted 11/4/2013 4:17:07 PM
I got that game (The Fight) but haven't tried it yet! Thanks for the recommendation! I'm one of those old people with lots of money but no free time >_<
---
#7teehee23Posted 11/4/2013 4:17:57 PM
Thanks for the info and this is a game changer and Xbox #1 always gets the greatest exclusives.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)
#8Dr WhoopassPosted 11/4/2013 4:20:37 PM
GuitaristMatt posted...
Dr Whoopass posted...

Wish granted, but your character is created via Kinect.

I hope you get to use real dialogue.

I'm only 250, hopefully I can be Bork Lazerish or Roy Nelsonesque
---
#9RebelGameMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 4:24:44 PM
Mmaguy posted...
Actually... something like that would be good. I'm a big MMA fan (it's in my name), so any gameplay innovation regarding that sport would be great.

My wife does that crap. All I know is the guillotine. I've boxed for 12 years.

Off topic funny story: I went to the Bronx where one of Royce Gracie's brother trains. One of the hundreds he has. So I went so I could learn something besides boxing. I sit in to view a class free. FOr 45min all I saw was dudes on top of dudes. I was like, "Screw this." They rebutted with, "Did you know 80% of street fights end on the floor?" I don't street fight, unless I'm play as Honda but I told them, "I'll just be that 20%."
---
#10656stoogePosted 11/4/2013 6:00:47 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...
Mmaguy posted...

My wife does that crap. All I know is the guillotine. I've boxed for 12 years.

Off topic funny story: I went to the Bronx where one of Royce Gracie's brother trains. One of the hundreds he has. So I went so I could learn something besides boxing. I sit in to view a class free. FOr 45min all I saw was dudes on top of dudes. I was like, "Screw this." They rebutted with, "Did you know 80% of street fights end on the floor?" I don't street fight, unless I'm play as Honda but I told them, "I'll just be that 20%."

My friend had that exact same attitude. He used to box and was a good 15kgs heavier than me (not to mention that he was always starting fights and I always talked my way out of them).

But I started MMA with my brother and after about a year I finally convinced him to come along. He was bragging about how he could out box me any day of the week and all that.
Anyway, after 40 minutes of making fun of everyone we came to sparring, and the first thing I did was duck under a punch, pick him up and slam him to the floor, and tap him in an arm bar before he knew what was going on.

He started taking it much more seriously after that, and I trained him for around 6 months. He never did come close to beating me though.
Everyone laughs at the grappling, man on man, rear naked chokes stuff at the beginning (i sure as hell did), but if you can get passed all that then it's a great sport and skill set.

Just make sure you go to a decent gym though. I knew I was onto a winner when on the first day of grappling I asked my coach what the rules where, and he answered me by punching me so hard in the face I cartwheeled backwards. After beating me to a pulp he said the rules are "don't ask stupid questions when you're meant to be fighting".

Good rule.
---
*changed my mind. The Last of Us is amazing!*
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.