Very curious to see how Titanfall reviews.

#1Perfect_flamePosted 11/4/2013 5:13:15 PM
Not so much because I'm interested in the game itself but in how reviewers tackle a game of this nature (Multiplayer only).

Take IGN's and Gamespots reviews of Battlefeild 4 for example. IGN: 8.5 Gamespot: 8.
Basically the only real negative they had to say was that the campaign was short and lacklustre. They both took somewhere between 1-2 points of the final score because of this.

Does that mean that Titanfall automatically loses 1-2 points or is it judged on a different system?

What do you guys think?
#2stawg007Posted 11/4/2013 5:26:27 PM
I think it will score very high and don't expect the non campaign thing to be an issue

Tbh I'd rather have a multiplayer focused game drop the single player if it's just gonna be tacked on, same with a single player focused game tacking on a multiplayer
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#3stevieb1234567Posted 11/4/2013 5:30:22 PM
Not a good score. Seen lots of previews saying how generic it is and dont understand all the hype.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#4mmm_BabyBoyPosted 11/4/2013 5:31:53 PM
Good question. I wonder if BF4 would have received better scores had it not included SP at all.

I know Shadowrun was MP only and it lost a bunch of points, not only from reviewers, but from gamers as well. The MP was/is incredible though, so if the same holds true, I'd expect Titanfall to lose a point or two for no SP.
#5MmaguyPosted 11/4/2013 5:31:58 PM
stevieb1234567 posted...
Not a good score. Seen lots of previews saying how generic it is and dont understand all the hype.

Links?
#6EvocoPosted 11/4/2013 5:43:12 PM(edited)
Mmaguy posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...

Links?

Yes please provide some links.

I have 17 days left to cancel my Xbox One.

I almost did after the whole resolution fiasco.

Honestly, I only want to purchase the Xbone now because I know I will buy one anyway, and I don't expect the price to drop at all until 2015. With that decided, I then figured that if I get it now on release, I can continue playing Ghosts on an Xbox console, and then later on I can get Titanfall which I know I want to play.

But my finger is itching to press the cancel preorder button, and if Titanfall is pretty generic from previews, that may just save me $600 as I don't have much need for the Xbone besides COD games and Titanfall...and the COD is just because I would like to continue my play history of CODs on an Xbox console, and I am used to the Xbox controller.
#7DionysusPosted 11/4/2013 5:43:40 PM
I think it does have a lower ceiling because it is multi only, but the hype will keep it above 8.5/10. The media can't hype a game like this and then pull the rug out. I'm thinking 9/10.
#8Perfect_flame(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 5:45:06 PM
mmm_BabyBoy posted...
Good question. I wonder if BF4 would have received better scores had it not included SP at all.

I know Shadowrun was MP only and it lost a bunch of points, not only from reviewers, but from gamers as well. The MP was/is incredible though, so if the same holds true, I'd expect Titanfall to lose a point or two for no SP.

At least one person has grasped what this topic in about haha.
#9ripvisionPosted 11/4/2013 5:52:49 PM
Evoco posted...
Mmaguy posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...

Links?

Honestly, I only want to purchase the Xbone now because I know I will buy one anyway, and I don't expect the price to drop at all until 2015. With that decided, I then figured that if I get it now on release, I can continue playing Ghosts on an Xbox console, and then later on I can get Titanfall which I know I want to play.

But my finger is itching to press the cancel preorder button, and if Titanfall is pretty generic from previews, that may just save me $600 as I don't have much need for the Xbone besides COD games and Titanfall...and the COD is just because I would like to continue my play history of CODs on an Xbox console, and I am used to the Xbox controller.

Both Titanfall and Ghosts will available for the 360 - take that into consideration.
#10EvocoPosted 11/4/2013 5:56:36 PM
ripvision posted...
Evoco posted...
Mmaguy posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...

Links?

Both Titanfall and Ghosts will available for the 360 - take that into consideration.

Yes, you are very right and have taken it into consideration, but I think of it as experiencing fresh out of the box on a next-gen system instead of the current gen. I want to experience any cross gen game on the next gen as much as possible.

I have the expendable cash for the Xbone.

It really doesn't make much sense for me to get an Xbone now, besides it being "getting it because I can"...but there is the argument that I would want one down the line anyway, and I don't see it dropping in price anytime soon (within 1-2 years)