Very curious to see how Titanfall reviews.

#11DionysusPosted 11/4/2013 6:44:09 PM
Evoco posted...
Yes, you are very right and have taken it into consideration, but I think of it as experiencing fresh out of the box on a next-gen system instead of the current gen. I want to experience any cross gen game on the next gen as much as possible.

I have the expendable cash for the Xbone.

It really doesn't make much sense for me to get an Xbone now, besides it being "getting it because I can"...but there is the argument that I would want one down the line anyway, and I don't see it dropping in price anytime soon (within 1-2 years)
You want to be careful with that logic. Sony's PS3 received price drops/ upgrades pretty steadily during the first year. With XBone in that position (most expensive) this time, you might want to wait until you really want it. Even if you pay the same amount, you might end up with a bigger HDD or more reliable parts.
#12EvocoPosted 11/4/2013 6:45:59 PM
Dionysus posted...
Evoco posted...
Yes, you are very right and have taken it into consideration, but I think of it as experiencing fresh out of the box on a next-gen system instead of the current gen. I want to experience any cross gen game on the next gen as much as possible.

I have the expendable cash for the Xbone.

It really doesn't make much sense for me to get an Xbone now, besides it being "getting it because I can"...but there is the argument that I would want one down the line anyway, and I don't see it dropping in price anytime soon (within 1-2 years)
You want to be careful with that logic. Sony's PS3 received price drops/ upgrades pretty steadily during the first year. With XBone in that position (most expensive) this time, you might want to wait until you really want it. Even if you pay the same amount, you might end up with a bigger HDD or more reliable parts.

Very true, and it is a slight debacle for me...but I will figure it out within 2 weeks.
#13stevieb1234567Posted 11/4/2013 6:58:21 PM
Mmaguy posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...
Not a good score. Seen lots of previews saying how generic it is and dont understand all the hype.

Links?

Game reactor off top of my head. Go to there site to c the preview.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#14stevieb1234567Posted 11/4/2013 7:00:13 PM
Evoco posted...
Mmaguy posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...
Not a good score. Seen lots of previews saying how generic it is and dont understand all the hype.

Links?

Yes please provide some links.

I have 17 days left to cancel my Xbox One.

I almost did after the whole resolution fiasco.

Honestly, I only want to purchase the Xbone now because I know I will buy one anyway, and I don't expect the price to drop at all until 2015. With that decided, I then figured that if I get it now on release, I can continue playing Ghosts on an Xbox console, and then later on I can get Titanfall which I know I want to play.

But my finger is itching to press the cancel preorder button, and if Titanfall is pretty generic from previews, that may just save me $600 as I don't have much need for the Xbone besides COD games and Titanfall...and the COD is just because I would like to continue my play history of CODs on an Xbox console, and I am used to the Xbox controller.

Game reactor is one site off top my head. Big preview on it. Dont understand what the hype is for saying it was very generic...check out the site...cant put links dont know how.lol and im on my phone
---
Posted using GameFlux
#15axelfooley2k5Posted 11/4/2013 7:15:29 PM
There will be some unfair low reviews because of lack of single player

But mostly very good from most reviewers.....looks great
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#16ImThe8thWonderPosted 11/4/2013 7:20:02 PM
Journalists will give almost any famous AAA title a high score, even when the game has many obvious flaws. The reviews will be high, even if it sucks. No journalist is probably willing to risk losing its audience because of an unpopular opinion against months of hype.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#17SunDevil77Posted 11/4/2013 7:22:38 PM
stevieb1234567 posted...
Evoco posted...
Mmaguy posted...
stevieb1234567 posted...

Links?

Yes please provide some links.

I have 17 days left to cancel my Xbox One.

I almost did after the whole resolution fiasco.

Honestly, I only want to purchase the Xbone now because I know I will buy one anyway, and I don't expect the price to drop at all until 2015. With that decided, I then figured that if I get it now on release, I can continue playing Ghosts on an Xbox console, and then later on I can get Titanfall which I know I want to play.

But my finger is itching to press the cancel preorder button, and if Titanfall is pretty generic from previews, that may just save me $600 as I don't have much need for the Xbone besides COD games and Titanfall...and the COD is just because I would like to continue my play history of CODs on an Xbox console, and I am used to the Xbox controller.

Game reactor is one site off top my head. Big preview on it. Dont understand what the hype is for saying it was very generic...check out the site...cant put links dont know how.lol and im on my phone

Hmmm...One website thinking it is generic vs the tons of sites that praise it constantly...
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#18IzraeilPosted 11/4/2013 8:13:27 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Journalists will give almost any famous AAA title a high score, even when the game has many obvious flaws. The reviews will be high, even if it sucks. No journalist is probably willing to risk losing its audience because of an unpopular opinion against months of hype.

True but to be fair almost any AAA title will have enough polish to be worth playing granted you were interested in its genre and setting.
#19DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/4/2013 8:18:04 PM
Izraeil posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

True but to be fair almost any AAA title will have enough polish to be worth playing granted you were interested in its genre and setting.

Not true at all. Its pretty ignorant. The reason triple A titles get high scores is because they are large investments. You don't invest large sums of money in bad choices or poor developers. Since these games have big budgets, they will often go back in the oven if its not ready, unlike smaller games.

Take Killzone 2. It got delayed for like three years and went WAY over budget. Not an option for a smaller studio with a hard deadline.

Halo can't possibly be bad because its going to hire the best people and give the franchise every advantage possible and the resources they need to do what they need to do.

Triple A games also get bad reviews when they fail. Lair is a perfect example of this as is Haze. Too Human as well. Also, plenty of triple A titles get middling scores like the low 80s.

Trying to pretend Titanfall will get a good score because its triple A is a joke. Bad games get bad reviews.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#20ImThe8thWonderPosted 11/4/2013 8:21:13 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Izraeil posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

Not true at all. Its pretty ignorant. The reason triple A titles get high scores is because they are large investments. You don't invest large sums of money in bad choices or poor developers. Since these games have big budgets, they will often go back in the oven if its not ready, unlike smaller games.

Take Killzone 2. It got delayed for like three years and went WAY over budget. Not an option for a smaller studio with a hard deadline.

Halo can't possibly be bad because its going to hire the best people and give the franchise every advantage possible and the resources they need to do what they need to do.

Triple A games also get bad reviews when they fail. Lair is a perfect example of this as is Haze. Too Human as well. Also, plenty of triple A titles get middling scores like the low 80s.

Trying to pretend Titanfall will get a good score because its triple A is a joke. Bad games get bad reviews.

Is that why CoD gets judged fairly every year for being the bad series that it is?

You think you're so smart. It's adorable. If I said the sky was blue, you'd try to find a way to tell people it isn't just because I'm the one saying it. Now please, go away, troll.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.