Is Ryse supposed to be Microsoft's answer to SONY's God of War?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Ryse supposed to be Microsoft's answer to SONY's God of War?
2 years ago#1
You think Ryse can take on God of War? Roman soldier vs Roman soldier?
2 years ago#2
I thought Kratos was from Sparta?
Gameplay wise sure I don't see why not God of War ain't what it used to be, and Ryse looks decent enough.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
2 years ago#3
God of War is a decent series but definitely a class lower than Ryse: Son of Rome.

You're welcome.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)
2 years ago#4
Ryse plays like molasses compared to GoW, Bayonetta, DMC, MGR. not worth full price.
---
We'll bang okay? http://i.imgur.com/TUf4vEL.gif
She is waifu material \^o^/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhTaQizF4z4
2 years ago#5
It won't overtake GoW on any level, but it looks like a fun game. I don't think it's going to be a full series, but it might if it sells well or gets high reviews.

I look at this game as a new IP that is going to be fun, showcase the system's graphics (as much as a launch game can anyways), and just in general be a nice piece of software for new XBO owners. The next GoW? I doubt it, but certainly worth being excited to play.
2 years ago#6
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Ryse plays like molasses compared to GoW, Bayonetta, DMC, MGR. not worth full price.

I don't think Ryse is supposed to be like those games, I think it's trying to do(Gasp) something different?
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
2 years ago#7
Dannyson97 posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...

I don't think Ryse is supposed to be like those games, I think it's trying to do(Gasp) something different?

Seeing as those games are actually games and have gameplay, I'd say you're right in that regard. Ryse is nothing like them.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
2 years ago#8
BushidoEffect3 posted...

Well I would hope so as Ryse deals with HUMANS fighting HUMANS and not

1. A god empowered warrior fighting mythical creatures and other gods

2. A Super powerful Witch fighting angels and demons

3. A super powered demon spawn fighting other demons

4. A cybernetic enhanced super soldier fighting other cybernetic enhanced soldiers

As a matter of fact this is one of the main reasons why I'm wanting this game so much. No demons, monsters, dragons, undead just good old human vs human warfare.
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
2 years ago#9
Second_Hokage posted...
You think Ryse can take on God of War? Roman soldier vs Roman soldier?

As much as I don't like Ryse, to compare it to God of War is really doing neither game justice. They are entirely different types of games in entirely different genres.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
2 years ago#10
ryse is like the green light red light game kids play
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Ryse supposed to be Microsoft's answer to SONY's God of War?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived