Is Ryse supposed to be Microsoft's answer to SONY's God of War?

#1Second_HokagePosted 11/4/2013 9:43:51 PM
You think Ryse can take on God of War? Roman soldier vs Roman soldier?
#2Dannyson97Posted 11/4/2013 9:47:45 PM
I thought Kratos was from Sparta?
Gameplay wise sure I don't see why not God of War ain't what it used to be, and Ryse looks decent enough.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#3teehee23Posted 11/4/2013 9:55:20 PM
God of War is a decent series but definitely a class lower than Ryse: Son of Rome.

You're welcome.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)
#4BushidoEffect3Posted 11/4/2013 9:57:55 PM
Ryse plays like molasses compared to GoW, Bayonetta, DMC, MGR. not worth full price.
---
We'll bang okay? http://i.imgur.com/TUf4vEL.gif
She is waifu material \^o^/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhTaQizF4z4
#5MmaguyPosted 11/4/2013 10:03:45 PM
It won't overtake GoW on any level, but it looks like a fun game. I don't think it's going to be a full series, but it might if it sells well or gets high reviews.

I look at this game as a new IP that is going to be fun, showcase the system's graphics (as much as a launch game can anyways), and just in general be a nice piece of software for new XBO owners. The next GoW? I doubt it, but certainly worth being excited to play.
#6Dannyson97Posted 11/4/2013 10:09:34 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Ryse plays like molasses compared to GoW, Bayonetta, DMC, MGR. not worth full price.

I don't think Ryse is supposed to be like those games, I think it's trying to do(Gasp) something different?
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#7HellsControllerPosted 11/4/2013 10:13:49 PM
Dannyson97 posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...

I don't think Ryse is supposed to be like those games, I think it's trying to do(Gasp) something different?

Seeing as those games are actually games and have gameplay, I'd say you're right in that regard. Ryse is nothing like them.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#8DolemiteXPPosted 11/4/2013 10:14:03 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...

Well I would hope so as Ryse deals with HUMANS fighting HUMANS and not

1. A god empowered warrior fighting mythical creatures and other gods

2. A Super powerful Witch fighting angels and demons

3. A super powered demon spawn fighting other demons

4. A cybernetic enhanced super soldier fighting other cybernetic enhanced soldiers

As a matter of fact this is one of the main reasons why I'm wanting this game so much. No demons, monsters, dragons, undead just good old human vs human warfare.
---
Shanahan!!! Yuse got some SPLAININ ta do!!!
#9SparkItUpPosted 11/4/2013 10:26:37 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
You think Ryse can take on God of War? Roman soldier vs Roman soldier?

As much as I don't like Ryse, to compare it to God of War is really doing neither game justice. They are entirely different types of games in entirely different genres.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#10merqabahPosted 11/4/2013 10:37:08 PM
ryse is like the green light red light game kids play