So what made Microsoft mess up the Xbox One so bad?

#31touyamizrahiPosted 11/5/2013 11:58:21 AM
Well, the fact is a MAJORITY of the market doesn't want the XBOne because of the price and kinect. Especially in the EU region. they can pay what was it 449 euros for the XBOne? or they can pay something like 475 euros for the PS4, 2 controllers, the camera, and a game. This is for those that preordered by august 5th mind you, but i can still see stores shelving this bundle as well. best bet is to wait TC.
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#32maheo30Posted 11/5/2013 12:03:30 PM
I'm not seeing what is so screwed up. Kinect? I'm interested to see what it can do. Games? Launch looks great. Controller? Still fantastic. What exactly is so messed up?
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#33MRL3G3NDPosted 11/5/2013 12:20:50 PM
SlikkSterr posted...

I'm falling to see your point. If I own a 360 I'm a fanboy? So what if I own both? Is that like a dual citizenship?

you can be a fan without being a fanboy (I hope). I own a high end PC and 2 360's...had I just owned the 360, I'd probably pick it up because that's all I know and are comfortable with...

fanboys are obnoxious trolls who disregard common sense...you can favor a brand with out all of that. Like myself, I just can't do the PS controller, so that's the only reason that's holding me back with that, I'm an xbox fan but I feel they tried to screw me as if I don't have any other options
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#34Laylow12Posted 11/5/2013 12:34:26 PM
maheo30 posted...
I'm not seeing what is so screwed up. Kinect? I'm interested to see what it can do. Games? Launch looks great. Controller? Still fantastic. What exactly is so messed up?

not sure if serious...
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#35MetroidFan9999Posted 11/5/2013 12:38:53 PM(edited)
Pawned off a closed vision that no one wanted, with DRM galore. Mattrick telling people in the "armed forces" to deal with it and get a 360 if they can't go online.

Pawning off this console as on par "technically" with the PS4, when spec sheets and now comparisons tell otherwise.

Now it's using their "magical scaler chip" (aka generic video output chip) and using it as leverage to claim that every game is 1080p now.

That's just the short list for me, there is definitely more out there.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#36jellybeanmasterPosted 11/5/2013 12:43:23 PM
THE CASUAL GAMER. They always have been and always will be the cancer of this industry.

they were always there but lying dormant until Nintendo woke them up this gen, and they ran through the industry like a plague. But the Wii was a fad and died out. Then MS took the helm. They made tons of money off idiot consumers that didnt know any better (Kinect, annual released games, $60XBL paywall when u can get it free or pay $50 and get crazy discounts and FREE GAMES). MS had them in the palm of their hands ripping them off at every turn. So they tried to see how far they could take it. Thus Xbox One was born
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#37SlikkSterrPosted 11/5/2013 1:09:50 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
SlikkSterr posted...

I'm falling to see your point. If I own a 360 I'm a fanboy? So what if I own both? Is that like a dual citizenship?

you can be a fan without being a fanboy (I hope). I own a high end PC and 2 360's...had I just owned the 360, I'd probably pick it up because that's all I know and are comfortable with...

fanboys are obnoxious trolls who disregard common sense...you can favor a brand with out all of that. Like myself, I just can't do the PS controller, so that's the only reason that's holding me back with that, I'm an xbox fan but I feel they tried to screw me as if I don't have any other options

You are trying to defend your statement of the only people getting an xbox one are fanboys by asking if I have a 360 and kinect. I'm failing to grasp what you are trying to say. Especially after this post which seems to contradict your previous statements. Are you just making assumptions that I've only owned an xbox? If that's the case, I can clear that up for you. My first console was an Atari 7800 and I've owned numerous consoles from numerous companies since.
#38ArkonBladePosted 11/5/2013 1:10:12 PM
Well they have been charging people for XBL for over 10 years now and people have been paying it. I my self was paying for it up till about 2009 till I said why the hell am I paying for multiplayer? they don't have dedicated servers its not like they are giving me any thing in return for my $60. Its just ransom money. MS went from making people paying $50 to $60 a a year and people payed it. Its one of the biggest scams in gaming history.

I mean no one else charges for it. I mean Sony does now for the PS4 but you get free games for it so you get value at least for having it. What has MS ever givin you for paying for XBL? nothing you cant get free any where else. So having scammed all us gamers for years and figuring hey if we suckered them in to paying $60 a year to play online and giving them nothing in return and blocked pretty much every function of are system behind that pay wall... Well hell what else can we get away with.

MS is just very greedy and has proven time and again they want to give nothing to gamers and they are all about them selves,
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#39DesparateMonkeyPosted 11/5/2013 1:10:38 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Yes they really screwed up! Everyone on the internet don't like Xbox One.

I hope you don't mind me fixing that for you.

Oh where have you gone my Devilish Chicken Man?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#40SlikkSterrPosted 11/5/2013 1:14:24 PM
You know what, I think I see the problem here. You did not say only fanboys. You said hardcore xbox fans. My mistake. My point still stands, replace all instances of fanboy with hardcore fans.

I apologize for the misquote.