The ugliest aspect of the console war, or any fanboy conflicts.

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 11/5/2013 10:44:38 AM
Irony, double standards, playing victim, thinking your side is the white knight, and the worst of them all...pretending you're unbiased when you clearly aren't.

I'm no Saint, I'm guilty of some of that too. But hey, at least I realize this. I think what fuels the conflicts aren't the details of consoles, but the flaws of the people trying to judge them. I think that's why the fighting won't ever stop. It could get slowed down if the speculations of one particular side turn out to be correct, but if both turn out to be equal, we'll experience hell for a long time.

Too many people around here glorify minute features and downplay obvious problems. The bias on both sides make it impossible to accurately judge which console is best. And even though 2/3rds of the topics on this board are about proving superiority, there also seems to be a wave of thought that neither console can be proven to be the technical best, even though most spend their time fighting about it anyways.

The bias and fanboy blindness has gotten so out of control that even constructive criticisms will cause others to place you on either side of war where only 2 sides can't possibly exist. It's all just a huge mess.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#2EllesarienPosted 11/5/2013 10:53:50 AM
"and the worst of them all...pretending you're unbiased when you clearly aren't."

Agreed. The added insult to our intelligence just puts it over the top.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#3DarkJaydragonPosted 11/5/2013 10:57:42 AM
I've lost 0 friends and family in this console war, when will the violence end?! Stop this madness!
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#4ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 11:13:33 AM
Lol yeah I made it sound way more dramatic that I should have. But hey, exaggerated drama is what these console wars are about.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#5Ch3wyPosted 11/5/2013 11:15:41 AM
I think the worst part is when people accuse others of having biases they don't have.

I've been called both a Microsoft and a Sony fanboy on this board.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#6JohnHalo343Posted 11/5/2013 11:19:59 AM
If 8thWonder doesn't quote and respond to this message he automatically admits he is biggest troll on this board and has no credibility or business being here. Also, he admits JohnHalo is his intellectual superior in every way and is strikingly more handsome than him.

Spoiler alert: He won't.
---
Official Voice of the Xbox One Community
#7CyborgTwentyPosted 11/5/2013 11:20:11 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
I've lost 0 friends and family in this console war, when will the violence end?! Stop this madness!

We all have lost billions of brain cells in this war tough.
#8UltraCiggyPosted 11/5/2013 11:22:51 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...
If 8thWonder doesn't quote and respond to this message he automatically admits he is biggest troll on this board and has no credibility or business being here. Also, he admits JohnHalo is his intellectual superior in every way and is strikingly more handsome than him.

Spoiler alert: He won't.

But I will :)
#9DarkJaydragonPosted 11/5/2013 11:23:01 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

We all have lost billions of brain cells in this war tough.

That's implying I had a brain in the first place! I bid you good day, sir!

*Walks through glass door.*
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#10SuperHoneyBunnyPosted 11/5/2013 11:25:02 AM
Console wars.
It's like politics for kids.