Thinking about getting this console. Would you suggest it?

#1Soul_On_DisplayPosted 11/5/2013 12:08:16 PM
What I know so far is that I really don't care for the kinect. I don't have any personal preference for the launch exclusives at the moment, but I am interested in 3rd party games like BF4. Would the X1 be the right console for me?

What can we tell for sure is best without speculation? Would that even be possible?

I wasn't going to get either console just yet since I didn't think it was smart to get them at launch, but one of my friends has multiple preorders for both consoles and he said he'd sell me one for the standard price. I got excited about the next gen recently and I don't know which one I should get.
---
~TL;DR? Don't care.~ || ~ Campers: The bane of any multiplayer ~
#2Duke AriochPosted 11/5/2013 12:10:16 PM
I would suggest going somewhere else for an opinion. This place is poison both ways.
---
"Blood and souls for my Lord Arioch!" - Elric of Melnibone
#3Ironman06Posted 11/5/2013 12:12:26 PM
Xbox One - my reasoning is that the ps4 is stupid.
#4Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 12:15:03 PM
Duke Arioch posted...
I would suggest going somewhere else for an opinion. This place is poison both ways.

Ironman06 posted...

I'm still hoping for a good straight answer, but wow. Duke's comment is already proving to be spot on...
---
#5EllesarienPosted 11/5/2013 12:16:05 PM
Soul_On_Display posted...
Duke Arioch posted...

Ironman06 posted...

I'm still hoping for a good straight answer, but wow. Duke's comment is already proving to be spot on...

Duke is right. This is just not the place sadly.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#6bessy67Posted 11/5/2013 12:16:57 PM
If you don't want kinect and none of the exclusives interest you then PS4 is probably your best bet. Although it'll be interesting to see how PSN stacks up against XBL this generation.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#7Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 12:20:41 PM
bessy67 posted...
If you don't want kinect and none of the exclusives interest you then PS4 is probably your best bet. Although it'll be interesting to see how PSN stacks up against XBL this generation.

Yeah, I'm liking the PS4 hardware but the PSN angle does scare me a bit. I feel like the PS4's advantages will go to waste if PSN isn't reliable. Online play and uninterrupted chatting in party chat are what I want most out of the online services.
---
#8MrImpatient35Posted 11/5/2013 12:28:43 PM
You can sell your pre-order? I didn't know that.
---
33 things to know about X1: http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/
DR3, AC4, XFitness (1-Yr free), KI3 (F2P), Proj Spark
#9Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 12:31:33 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
You can sell your pre-order? I didn't know that.

You can sell preorders, but instead I'm just going to pay him for one of the consoles now and pick it up when he picks up his consoles. I'll be going with him.
---
#10DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/5/2013 12:32:54 PM
Soul_On_Display posted...
bessy67 posted...

Yeah, I'm liking the PS4 hardware but the PSN angle does scare me a bit. I feel like the PS4's advantages will go to waste if PSN isn't reliable. Online play and uninterrupted chatting in party chat are what I want most out of the online services.

Well if you don't care about exclusives and whatnot, at launch, I think PS4 has a good advantage over XB1 in terms of multiplats, especially since CoD and BF4 are dedicated.

The difference will be controller (depending on your preference) and future third party exclusives from small studios as well as the overall experience. If you like premium features like Party chat, you can expect XBL to spearhead the way in terms of innovation in future services and how well they integrate. XB1 already has Smartmatch so that you can do other things while waiting (Halo?!) and third parties that cant afford dedicated will use Cloud in the future since its free.

Overall, I would expect a much smoother online experience but you would have to find out how much that matters to you.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H