Honestly does MS deserve the flack it's getting regarding the Xbone?

#41Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 8:12:42 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Dev0311 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
The X1 has voice command, instant switching, fully integrated cloud, 300,000 dedicated servers, tv integration, skype, playing a game while queing for another, etc.

Sorry but most gamers couldn't care less about any of those fluff features. Sony delivered exactly what gamers always wanted for the next gen, pure power at reasonable cost.

sorry, but gamers do not equal the entire market. If gamers truly are all that mattered, then the Wii would have flopped, whereas it surpassed both consoles. MS is actually creating a next gen console with features that are not exclusive only to games, but also make gameplay better. Sony delivered an updated ps3....they did NOTHING, and gamers are praising them....smh. Power? I highly doubt even 25% of the supposed "true gamers" understand the specs, other than what other interpret--key word interpret as in speculation.

Gamers are the foundation of any console user base though. With the Wii, Nintendo didn't screw over its user base, people loved the new innovative controls and sales took off. With the Xbone though, MS lost many longtime supporters with this new direction they're taking, Kinect is old news, and the hype is just not there. Not to mention resolutiongate and the $500 price tag.

Without gamers backing the console, why would anyone else? Even with all those great multimedia features you're talking about, these are game consoles first and foremost. People shopping for games in stores aren't going to go crazy over voice command and Skype. Those are just extraneous details, nothing to sway anybody's opinion at all.
#42Ramsus082Posted 11/5/2013 8:14:44 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
They're releasing a gaming console that at a price premium that unarguably runs games worse than it's competitor's console. This should not be happening. While tons of the criticism they get these days is overblown and unfair, this isn't really excusable despite the effort of it's consumers to try and excuse it.

? I guess there is no point in arguing with a time traveler.....

What would it take for you to say to yourself "Huh.....I guess the X1 runs games worse than the PS4 after all"? If I told you two weeks agothat BF4, the most technically advanced multiplatform game right now would be running at a higher resolution with a better frame rate, or CoD, one of the most popular franchises in gaming history that always ran better on Microsoft's console, running at twice the frame rate on the PS4, what would you have said?

I heard the ps4 cod had crashes up the wazoo.

Either way, using 2 game to explain the future of 2 consoles is ridiculous. Next gen has not even started yet, and ppl are already deciding that one console will play better games for the entire gen. Some games run better on the ps3, and some games run better on the 360, but you are assuming all will run better on the ps4 because of.......oh yeah, you are a time traveler.

We've known the specs for months now, the entire industry, literally the entire industry, has called the hardware comparisons for the PS4 now, and always have. There's no credible debate to be had on the subject anymore, assuming there ever was. We have some the most respected publications in the industry(Digital Foundry/Arstechnica, etc) saying that Microsoft's console has long term problems with it's architecture that the PS4 does not have. We have games coming out now, at launch, that are clearly better on the PS4. One of them is one of the biggest franchises in gaming history, that's never ran better on a Sony console. Is this a coincidence?

The X1 will no-doubt improve it's performance....but so will the PS4. There's not some magical performance curve that favours the X1 that the PS4 will struggle to improve with. It's like the younger brother asking when he'll "catch up" to his older brother. They both grow.

So, what future event will it take to convince you of what we're seeing here, the hardware gap playing out before our eyes right now? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm genuinely curious. To me, we have plenty of evidence and consensus on the issue. Are we always going to be telling each other to "just wait and see"? When do we actually get to call this issue for one over the other?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#43Dannyson97Posted 11/5/2013 8:26:15 PM
Sadly yes.
These policies were bad, DRM has already proven to be bad due to the recent discovery of 50 Gigabyte games, and the fact that it removed actual ownership of the game hurt, and no trading games. The daily online hurt because I don't always have a solid signal like most gamers on these boards. No used games was bad for obvious reasons, and then force Kinect on top of all this? Could you blame people for not putting it past Microsoft for spying at that point?
I really do believe people are beating a dead horse, and because of all the Xbox One hate the the PS4 has gotten away with being mediocre.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#44RagnoraokPosted 11/5/2013 8:32:03 PM
@Ramsus082

Sorry, but I think it is a huge mistake to call the console war over now. The fact is that next gen has not even started yet, so for anyone to treat speculations as definite is nothing short of absurd. There are also articles claiming the Esram and Cloud will inevitably exceed the ps4's architect. Who is to say either one is better? There are evidence supporting that either architect is superior in the long run, but the fact is that they are both geared towards different objectives; the X1 is geared towards multitasking multiple tasks, wheras the ps4 is geared solely towards gaming. If wither one tries to intersect too much in either area, then they will fail. MS is taking the smart risky route and appealing to a wider fanbase, whereas Sony is taking the safer route and appealing to their established fanbase. Both have their rewards and disadvantages.

In my opinion, the best course of action is simply to wait in stead of casting stones. It was believed that the ps3 would have better specs, but few ppl actually predicted how difficult the cell was to code for, actually many believed devs would utilize the most out of it.....well, I guess they were wrong. Who knows, the Cloud and esram might pay off like MS claims. Only time will tell.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#45ImThe8thWonderPosted 11/5/2013 8:42:11 PM
I think they do. I don't care about their attempt at the DRM policies. I just don't think they deserve praise for being stubborn with a price inflating peripheral most people don't want, for using advertisements so excessively in the 360 (and maybe the XB1), and for selling a weaker console for $100 more dollars. That being said, I'm still getting an XB1, but I obviously don't like everything about it.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people don't believe that objective superiority for consoles exist but will attack you on your general opinions if they disagree.
#46trav3901Posted 11/5/2013 8:46:06 PM
Should be a third option for not all of it but for things some they do
---
i7 3820QM, NVIDIA GTX 675M, 16GB DDR3, 17.4" 3D screen
#47RagnoraokPosted 11/5/2013 8:49:27 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I think they do. I don't care about their attempt at the DRM policies. I just don't think they deserve praise for being stubborn with a price inflating peripheral most people don't want, for using advertisements so excessively in the 360 (and maybe the XB1), and for selling a weaker console for $100 more dollars. That being said, I'm still getting an XB1, but I obviously don't like everything about it.

where are you ppl getting your statistics from. I am sure only from game sites, which are predominantly pro-Sony anyways. Look at how successful the Wii was, I refuse to believe casuals will not enjoy this.

Its a weaker console with more features such as.....actually, I am tired of repeating myself, its pointless on gamefaqs.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#48XtremeWRATH360Posted 11/5/2013 9:09:31 PM
MS still sees no problem charging me more money if i want to buy an XB1 because they want me to support the Kinect regardless if i plan on using it or not.

Yeah screw you MS!
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#49RagnoraokPosted 11/5/2013 9:22:15 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
MS still sees no problem charging me more money if i want to buy an XB1 because they want me to support the Kinect regardless if i plan on using it or not.

Yeah screw you MS!

that is like asking the WII to be sold without the motion controls. Its idiotic, and the sooner you learn the Kinect is intertwined with the X1 the sooner you can accept it....or leave.
---
#50dementedlullabyPosted 11/5/2013 9:41:55 PM
The Spike unveiling was lame, the games seemed to take a back seat to the other features. The ideas after the announcement were lame. The back pedaling was funny. I think the hate is over board though. The launch exclusives and games in the first quarter are more interesting to me because I already played most PS4 Indies.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie