Honestly does MS deserve the flack it's getting regarding the Xbone?

#51Thewinner14Posted 11/6/2013 7:07:47 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
MS still sees no problem charging me more money if i want to buy an XB1 because they want me to support the Kinect regardless if i plan on using it or not.

Yeah screw you MS!

that is like asking the WII to be sold without the motion controls. Its idiotic, and the sooner you learn the Kinect is intertwined with the X1 the sooner you can accept it....or leave.

There's a huge difference between kinect and wii. Namely the wii was new, motion gaming was cool. Now the novelty has long worn off, and ms is waving their arms shouting "hey we have motion controls"

Plus the wii was cheap! The novelty and price point are what made it so popular. Microsoft has neither of those with the one.
---
6 Bible translations, 1 app: http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/
#52IzecPosted 11/6/2013 7:22:41 AM
Yes.

- Relatively weak and complex hardware for developers to deal with.
- Despite this it costs more than the console with stronger, simpler hardware.

- Multimedia features shoved down the consumer's throat, to the point where they take up almost half of the console's RAM and a $150 peripheral is packaged with all units.
- Despite this, it has far more multimedia features locked behind subscription paywall than the competing consoles.

- Failed attempt to treat all players like pirates with draconian DRM aka gamer probation. They were en route to becoming Steam without the 80% off sales.

MS was on top of their game with the 360; it was basically the hardcore gamer's console of choice. But they've thrown away half the things 360 did it right and it's clear that this only happened because of arrogance and greed.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#53RagnoraokPosted 11/6/2013 7:31:46 AM
Thewinner14 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
MS still sees no problem charging me more money if i want to buy an XB1 because they want me to support the Kinect regardless if i plan on using it or not.

Yeah screw you MS!

that is like asking the WII to be sold without the motion controls. Its idiotic, and the sooner you learn the Kinect is intertwined with the X1 the sooner you can accept it....or leave.

There's a huge difference between kinect and wii. Namely the wii was new, motion gaming was cool. Now the novelty has long worn off, and ms is waving their arms shouting "hey we have motion controls"

Plus the wii was cheap! The novelty and price point are what made it so popular. Microsoft has neither of those with the one.

True, but the X1 is trying to push stuff like voice commands, tv integration, and actual gameplay mechanics with the Kinect. If they do a good job, then it may be worth it.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#54Dr_KainPosted 11/6/2013 7:34:00 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
MS reversed all of their major anger inducing policies, so at this point, all of the negativity stems from insecure Sony fanboys. With a reversed better policy, more features, more money, a larger fanbase, better management, and a console meant to last years, the Sony fanboys know they have to rage now before the apparent discrepancies become MORE apparent.

Dude, just because they reversed them does not fix the problem. It is the POINT of the matter. They wanted to DRM the console. Worst of all, they tried to hide it under the run. I am a Playstation fan, have been since 1997, but that does not mean I wanted to not like the XBOne. Microsoft had TWO press conferences where they could have sold us on the new features and why their new policies are for the better. Instead, they tried to beat around the bush, never said a word during either conference, and then had no idea how to sell it in interviews. Things would have come out A LOT different had they been upfront about it in the first conference.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.
#55goombatommyPosted 11/6/2013 8:02:43 AM
Dr_Kain posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
MS reversed all of their major anger inducing policies, so at this point, all of the negativity stems from insecure Sony fanboys. With a reversed better policy, more features, more money, a larger fanbase, better management, and a console meant to last years, the Sony fanboys know they have to rage now before the apparent discrepancies become MORE apparent.

Dude, just because they reversed them does not fix the problem. It is the POINT of the matter. They wanted to DRM the console. Worst of all, they tried to hide it under the run. I am a Playstation fan, have been since 1997, but that does not mean I wanted to not like the XBOne. Microsoft had TWO press conferences where they could have sold us on the new features and why their new policies are for the better. Instead, they tried to beat around the bush, never said a word during either conference, and then had no idea how to sell it in interviews. Things would have come out A LOT different had they been upfront about it in the first conference.

This. So much this.

Yes, I do believe MS deserves the flack. They tried to pull BS with the consumer, take advantage of us to purchase something which we were apparently against. I still till this day, cannot understand the "support" and "praise" that Xbots and the gaming journalism / media are trying to pull regarding how MS pulled a 180 and reversed their initial policies for the console. Do you really, REALLY, REALLY think they did it because they "heard" the fans? Because they understood the gamers and care for them?

If you do, put down the crack pipe because the one and one reason only they did this, was and I say again...because they heard the emptiness of their bank accounts. Money. It all comes down to money. Even for Sony (I'm a Sony fan and supporter) it all comes down to money - the difference is, Sony did it right (this coming next-gen) from the get go. MS, did not.
---
PSN ID - Frdranger
#56SheepinatorPosted 11/6/2013 8:34:23 AM
Here is a July interview with the XBox chief Marc Whitten. You can clearly tell the only thing they regret is how they messaged their vision to the customers. It's obvious they still have that vision and intend to move towards it in coming years. That doesn't mean everything they did a 180 on will have a future 180, but if you think they've written everything off that's being naive.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/12/microsoft-shame-on-us-for-xbox-one-messaging
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#57Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 9:12:58 AM
Thewinner14 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

Yeah screw you MS!

Great points
#58RagnoraokPosted 11/6/2013 5:26:56 PM
goombatommy posted...
Dr_Kain posted...
Ragnoraok posted...

This. So much this.

Yes, I do believe MS deserves the flack. They tried to pull BS with the consumer, take advantage of us to purchase something which we were apparently against. I still till this day, cannot understand the "support" and "praise" that Xbots and the gaming journalism / media are trying to pull regarding how MS pulled a 180 and reversed their initial policies for the console. Do you really, REALLY, REALLY think they did it because they "heard" the fans? Because they understood the gamers and care for them?

If you do, put down the crack pipe because the one and one reason only they did this, was and I say again...because they heard the emptiness of their bank accounts. Money. It all comes down to money. Even for Sony (I'm a Sony fan and supporter) it all comes down to money - the difference is, Sony did it right (this coming next-gen) from the get go. MS, did not.

Comments like these are why MS should have stuck to their guns. I am not saying this in an aggressive manner, but either way, the gaming fanbase would condemn MS for the DRM whether it was taken away or not.

Also, Sony is the real sneaky one here; they are pushing online just as much as MS is, its just incognito. Playing online is now a premium feature, they are baking up Indie games which are exclusively online, etc.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#59AzaneAzerPosted 11/6/2013 5:28:36 PM
Ragnoraok posted...

Reversing things doesn't make it ok that they've done it.
#60Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 5:44:48 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Ragnoraok posted...

Reversing things doesn't make it ok that they've done it.

Just cause they tried and failed doesn't erase the fact that they tried it in the first place.