Wow with all this news of PS4 LAGGING for cod ghosts, I'm sure glad XBOX ONE wil

#21RaukuePosted 11/5/2013 6:41:31 PM
Likely a coding error on the programmers part. CoD devs are not the best devs out there after all. To where I think even PC versions have suffered.

As for the whole embargo...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/8371-Cloak-and-Dagger

Basically the more a company hides the more we speculate and false info and rumors go out. MS probably has embargo because how most their games have not been ready. Looking back at their reveal in May with a bunch of wire frame and then E3 running on PCs shows that.
---
I enjoy open world/sandbox games.
#22bababoinsPosted 11/5/2013 6:46:56 PM
If anything this is good news. The CoD crowd is very immature and I hope this pressures the majority to go with the Xbone so I can actually enjoy my online experience on the PS4 with mature people..
#23orestes1981Posted 11/5/2013 6:50:24 PM
bababoins posted...
If anything this is good news. The CoD crowd is very immature and I hope this pressures the majority to go with the Xbone so I can actually enjoy my online experience on the PS4 with mature people..

You mean the people in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxh7umVOZ0
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#24billsfanno1Posted 11/5/2013 6:55:12 PM
Raukue posted...
Likely a coding error on the programmers part. CoD devs are not the best devs out there after all. To where I think even PC versions have suffered.

Basically the more a company hides the more we speculate and false info and rumors go out. MS probably has embargo because how most their games have not been ready. Looking back at their reveal in May with a bunch of wire frame and then E3 running on PCs shows that.

X1 embargos are no different than PS4 in relation to launch date. On the other hand, X1's can be found all over the place and people still can't lay eyes on a working PS4. As you were saying...
#25Ryan-06Posted 11/5/2013 6:55:31 PM
orestes1981 posted...
bababoins posted...

You mean the people in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxh7umVOZ0

One of the worst promos I've ever seen. Glad to see that Ghosts is getting lower reviews finally and BF4 has a higher metacritic score now.

Destructoid - 5.0
GT - 7.0 (remember GT was known for giving 9's to every COD since 4!)
Overall many reviews said Black ops 2 was a better step forward. While IW keeps doing the same **** over again.

Although Black Ops II wasn’t always successful, it felt like it was conscious of stagnation and attempted to push the series forward through player choice in the campaign and the introduction of the 10-point system in multiplayer. By comparison, Ghosts seems almost afraid of screwing anything up.

Meanwhile GT gave BF4 a 9.5.
---
http://i.imgur.com/40W5r.jpg
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. My type of girl - http://youtu.be/jhTaQizF4z4
#26jairusmonillasPosted 11/5/2013 6:56:17 PM
Combo626 posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
If anything, X1 would LAG more than PS4 version. lol.

Actually that's why it's at 720p, to make sure it doesn't lag. You lose.

lol is that why BF4 with 1080p has more stable fps than X1 BF4 with 720p?

You lose. X1 is weaker than PS4 not by 10% or 20% or 30%, its weaker by 40%-50%
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#27RaukuePosted 11/5/2013 7:03:30 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
Raukue posted...

X1 embargos are no different than PS4 in relation to launch date. On the other hand, X1's can be found all over the place and people still can't lay eyes on a working PS4. As you were saying...

Yet there is plenty of PS4 footage with games. BF4 comparison. Assassin's Creed 4. So must have been lifted awhile ago.

Either way that video is kind of relavant? How the game industry just keeps so much in hidden like some top secret government information. Just crazy. Because they like that control, as the video says. But look at what it does to all of us. We just go all to war over it all.

Anyway it is very much a programming issue. Saints Row 3 on PS3 looked just as good as the 360 version. But Saints Row 4 holy.... looks even worse than 3 on the PS3. They either got rushed or something went wrong making 4 look all blurry. And we seen that PS3 can make good looking games, GTA V on par with 360 version.

So it is just a programming issue. Like all new consoles, early games, devs are still learning the new hardware. And if it really is a PS4 issue then damn. Bad move there. But it is still too early to tell and the exclusives on both consoles will show what they can do. Not these cross-gen games.
---
I enjoy open world/sandbox games.
#28UtterMoonPosted 11/5/2013 7:32:39 PM(edited)
Its not about resolution..its about performance. At 720p the PS4 would probably run at well..well above 60 fps, and at 1080p the Xbone would probably drop to around 30 fps. And to be honest..COD Ghosts isn't even a good looking game and I would hardly call it next gen., what happens when the truly impressive games start to come out? What resolution will The Division or Destiny be on the Xbone?

There is already a large gap in what each console is capable of doing..and that gap will continue to grow as games start to look better. I couldn't care less if the PS4 version of COD Ghosts runs at 55 fps, I would be concerned when the next gen. games on the Xbone run at 720p and at 35 fps.

* And I will add this. Infinity Ward is not well known for pushing anything to the edge, and I wouldn't be shocked if the problems facing both consoles has nothing to do with the consoles themselves..but with the ability of the developer. However..COD Ghosts isn't the only next gen. game to be compared side by side..and the results have been quite unanimous.
#29stevieb1234567Posted 11/6/2013 7:37:41 AM
It is not lagging on ps4 and looks amazing. Listen to the developers.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#30vashtrichamPosted 11/6/2013 7:48:30 AM(edited)
WTFNightmare posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
If anything, X1 would LAG more than PS4 version. lol.

No that's not how it works. Ps3 lagged hard on fighting games while the 360 didnt. Ps3 also lagged during bayonetta while xbox 360 did not. PS just always has these type of problems.. terrible console

Ps3 did not lag "hard on fighting games and def not all fighting games. It was only MVC3 and the slow downs were not frequent but keep trying. Sfxt lagged on both consoles on certain stages
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam