Will Microsoft ever win a console war?

#1IzecPosted 11/5/2013 5:14:04 PM
It had a good chance last gen but Nintendo beat them via fluke and then later even Sony passed them via worldwide sales.

Yet despite this MS was so confident in making revolutionary changes to the industry with Xbox One, and was promptly put into place by consumers. I'm just wondering why a company as rich as MS can't get the grip on victory.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#2Lord_Ka1nPosted 11/5/2013 5:15:45 PM
it almost won last gen.

nintendo doesnt really count since theyve been targeting a completely different group of people with the wii and wii u.
---
PSN - Lord_Ka1n
3DS FC - 2680-9921-1203 - Feel free to add, pm me so i can get you back
#3khardboredPosted 11/5/2013 5:17:15 PM
You don't win a console war. And even if you could, what would it matter? I enjoyed games on nearly every single console that has released in America. And I plan to continue to do so despite infantile posts degrading people over their choice of console.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#4thegamer00Posted 11/5/2013 5:20:04 PM
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3. MS hasn't had a true permanent price cut in 4 years. If they were truly worried they would have had a price cut. We never saw one.
#5stawg007Posted 11/5/2013 5:20:40 PM
MS went from 20+ million sold to 80+million and counting

I'd say they'd consider that a win
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#6WTFNightmarePosted 11/5/2013 5:26:44 PM
They always win though thats why you ps fanboys are in our thread LOL
---
Super Smash Bros Melee and Halo 3 are the greatest multiplayer games EVER!
#7anime02Posted 11/5/2013 5:32:26 PM
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3. MS hasn't had a true permanent price cut in 4 years. If they were truly worried they would have had a price cut. We never saw one.

I thought the xbox side of microsoft constantly lost money which is why aleast one person (that recently got on the board of directors[?]) wants to sell off the xbox brand.
---
FC is 2449-4795-8323
You know it's against your religion to make fun of people. Unless you are Catholic, then it's required. - MrFoxhound
#8Izec(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 5:33:42 PM
thegamer00 posted...
They already have. They have made the most profit out of the big 3.

https://i.imgur.com/UwdTasL.jpg
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 11/5/2013 5:35:34 PM
anime02 posted...
thegamer00 posted...

I thought the xbox side of microsoft constantly lost money which is why aleast one person (that recently got on the board of directors[?]) wants to sell off the xbox brand.

You thought wrong, and one investor always wants something dumb from any major company. No one credible or important want to spin off Xbox.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#10Dev0311Posted 11/5/2013 5:35:37 PM
They will not win a console war with the most expensive console on the market, FACT